FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewsters Comments

MacBandy

Do you honestly think St Mirren supporters did not go away from yesterday's game knowing they were second best for the majority of the game and that they stole the points?

We had a shot come off the underside of the crossbar and goalmouth scramble that they just managed to keep out. On another day we would have been 3-0 up within the hour. They managed to capitalise on 2 of very few defensive lapses. Yes we were unlucky and fortunately Brewster recognises this and will not be panicked into making wholesale changes. It would be nice to see a bit of faith, positivity and last but not least SUPPORT on a fans forum, instead of the knives coming out when, as often happens in football, things don't go your way. By all accounts ours was not the only result yesterday that went against the run of play - it's going to be a tight fought campaign.

Edited by billyshears

I think i share a lot of fans frustration at our Jeckll and Hyde performances, we can look so good then **** it up completely by giving away soft goals.

The fact is we got beat at home yesterday against one of the teams we feel will be relegation rivals for a lot of the small teams (inc us) no amount of excuses from brew will change that, it was not his strongest team out there, thats what annoys the fans.

We shipped a lot of goals last season and the management did feckall about it.

Edited by caley100

Do you honestly think St Mirren supporters did not go away from yesterday's game knowing they were second best for the majority of the game and that they stole the points?

We had a shot come off the underside of the crossbar and goalmouth scramble that they just managed to keep out. On another day we would have been 3-0 up within the hour. They managed to capitalise on 2 of very few defensive lapses. Yes we were unlucky and fortunately Brewster recognises this and will not be panicked into making wholesale changes. It would be nice to see a bit of faith, positivity and last but not least SUPPORT on a fans forum, instead of the knives coming out when, as often happens in football, things don't go your way. By all accounts ours was not the only result yesterday that went against the run of play - it's going to be a tight fought campaign.

yep i agreewith you 100% it's time for everybody to get behind the team and the manager

Well it is evidently difficult for me to comment on the game but once again Brew's formation totally puzzles me. I suspect that Munro could not have been fully fit and that is why he played Maguire and Duff - He has perserved with Duff so he really has to stay in the team at Tynie - if Maguire survives Brew may have to prepare for some long knives.

Why doesnt he give McBain another run at left Back ?

Rosscoe is a marked man by the opposition at home - time to let Proctor have a go.

How long did he keep Cowie and Vigurs on the wrong foot ?

Vigurs may be the one to keep in the side - why not play Vigurs and Imrie wide away at Tynie and put Cowie in the centre ?

Playing Wood from the start is appalling - Has Barrowman been upsetting Brew ?

I didnt think that Rooney was match fit last week - Barrowman looks more like the player to be up front on his tod away from home.

Please, please go back to 4-5-1 next week and stop picking yer favourites.

We had a shot come off the underside of the crossbar and goalmouth scramble that they just managed to keep out. On another day we would have been 3-0 up within the hour. They managed to capitalise on 2 of very few defensive lapses. Yes we were unlucky and fortunately Brewster recognises this and will not be panicked into making wholesale changes. It would be nice to see a bit of faith, positivity and last but not least SUPPORT on a fans forum, instead of the knives coming out when, as often happens in football, things don't go your way.

:rotflmao:

I don't see any kind of rule that a fans forum must be positive about every game Billy. There are a right mixed bunch on here so people are always going to see the game differently. We certainly had some chances that were unlucky not to go in but you are kidding yourself if you didn't think that we were under the cosh in the 2nd half as Saint Mirren gained a strong foothold in our half of the pitch. With their increase in pressure came the two vital break throughs they needed. They took their chances and we didn't. They deserved the win.

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Not even Gus Macpherson agrees with you on that one

"We rode our luck, but sometimes you get the breaks" Gus Macpherson

They were more clinical in front of goal and deserved the three points for being able to stick the ball in the back of the net. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand.

Sorry Billy but I am talking about the performance more than the result. I'll admit that in the first half our defense was OK and we were in there half; but what did we do with it? The last 35 mins was dire. Completely gutless and clueless. I repeat its the performance more than the result that got me. See losing 4-3 to Aberdeen last year? Great performance.

I could probably sit here and list a dozen or more things/people that I believe are wrong, but what frustrates me most just now is the inconsistency and the fact that just about every goal we've lost so far this season has been the result of an unforced error on our part.

I seem to recall that we were in a similar situation 3 seasons ago were our home form was below adequate but our away form was amazing...and we finished 7th that year (although it should have been 4th) so who knows...could history be repeating itself?

I could probably sit here and list a dozen or more things/people that I believe are wrong, but what frustrates me most just now is the inconsistency and the fact that just about every goal we've lost so far this season has been the result of an unforced error on our part.

It is frustrating that every goal we have conceded at TCS this season has been soft and due to a momentary lapse in defence, but surely overall we can be positive about the start to this campaign. The most recent signings (Imrie, Barrowman & Rooney - still not convinced by Mcguire) have definitely added something to the squad and the youngsters (Wood, Vigurs, Duff & Rooney) have exceeded most people's expectations and are holding down starting spots on merit. Blackie looks a class act and seems to have sorted out his discipline and the defence looks a lot more solid against set pieces than at the close of last season (although pretty much anything would have been an improvement).

I for one (and sometimes on here it feels like I am the only one) have faith in the boys and truly believe that we will be there or there about come the split. I'm sure I will be accused of blind optimism, but I hope that there are others out there who share my feelings.

It is frustrating that every goal we have conceded at TCS this season has been soft and due to a momentary lapse in defence, but surely overall we can be positive about the start to this campaign. The most recent signings (Imrie, Barrowman & Rooney - still not convinced by Mcguire) have definitely added something to the squad and the youngsters (Wood, Vigurs, Duff & Rooney) have exceeded most people's expectations and are holding down starting spots on merit. Blackie looks a class act and seems to have sorted out his discipline and the defence looks a lot more solid against set pieces than at the close of last season (although pretty much anything would have been an improvement).

I for one (and sometimes on here it feels like I am the only one) have faith in the boys and truly believe that we will be there or there about come the split. I'm sure I will be accused of blind optimism, but I hope that there are others out there who share my feelings.

Your right, but it's still frustrating that had we not had so many errors we'd be flying even higher and perhaps doing what Killie are doing and really bucking the odds.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we have a divine right to win games and I am capable of walking away from a game we've lost feeling upbeat because the lads put in the performance and it just wasn't their day....and I also know that on occasion we'll walk away with a win just because it wasn't the other teams day.

I'm happy that we've got off to a better start than we did last season, but I'm worried that we continue to make the same mistakes we've been making for far too long and frustrated because I know we are capable of better than what's being served up here.

I do, to a certain extent, understand the frustration of the players and perhaps even the half hearted nature with which some of them play some weeks. They are being put out there, sometimes in a position which doesn't suite them, and being asked to execute a game plan which doesn't utlise their strengths. If I was a sparky and my company were sending me out to change radiators in houses every week and customers were getting on my case for a half assed job, then I'd be getting fed up as well.

If I am reading your contribution correctly, you are excusing a half hearted performance by our players.

It is not half hearted money that is being payed by adults with children to come and see the game, it is not half hearted drivers that travel for many miles to get into the park and it is half hearted attitudes that will drive people off the seats never to return!!

If the players cannot play in a position allocated to them by their manager why do they put on the jersey?

Playing a game we all love AND getting good money for it and then being half hearted!! If that is the case better rid - they are a bad influence on the young players.

It is not asking a player to change 'trades' - he is still on the field of play carrying out his role and every week, in the English Premier League, we see players playing a role that is alien to them, without any half heartedness and they could have a price tag on them that would buy all the playing staff in ICT - we are too wee to have prima donnas playing for us who feel they are better at tactics than their manager!!

I'm not excusing anything, what I am saying is that players don't turn out half-hearted performances for no reason, and whilst you might get the odd player who might be having a day where they can't be ersed for whatever reason, what we are witnessing is several players in a game who look that way at times and their must be a reason.

It's frustrating enough for us fans to be watching our team losing as a result of tactical ineptitude...so it's hardly unlikely that some players may be feeling the same.

Consistancy is something we have in abundance. onsistantly good away, consistantly poor at home.

Why??

Cant be bothered fans, cant be bothered players?? Less than 3000 home fans turn up for an SPL game. Doesn't really get the hackles rising does it? At least when they go away they're playing in front of decent sized crowds and there's usually a bit of atmosphere to spur them along.

Consistancy is something we have in abundance. onsistantly good away, consistantly poor at home.

Why??

Cant be bothered fans, cant be bothered players?? Less than 3000 home fans turn up for an SPL game. Doesn't really get the hackles rising does it? At least when they go away they're playing in front of decent sized crowds and there's usually a bit of atmosphere to spur them along.

What a rediculous reply Alex . The so called 3000 home fans have had to endure some awful football the last 18 months. I for one have one have been to every game and can count on one hand the decent performances. So to blame us is not on . If nothing else the players should have their pride and a small matter of a win bonus to play for.

im not blaming the fans but a footballer does sense how the crowd is feeling...when there is no atmosphere it makes a huge difference to a player...trust me. there is nothing worse than playing in front of a crowd that has no life to it. i think what fans shouldnt do is assume how player feels when they are in front of a crowd...unless you have been in that position you have no idea. talking from experience its not nice if you have a hostile home crowd. these people are meant to be supporting you not ripping you and your team mates to pieces. all im saying is maybe dont be so quick to blame the players..after all they are only human.