FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Not impressed with our shirt sponsor

Drochit Blue

Flybe have cancelled loads of flight routes for the winter from the end of Oct. That means I'll have to drive around 2,000 miles instead of my in-laws flying up here for xmas.

They don't mention that in their ads in the Coutrier do they......

I'm busy colouring them off my Caley shirt

Assuming that they've cancelled or suspended uneconomic flights, I would rather they managed their business responsibly and don't end up going bust than following the XL model and leaving people stranded at the last minute.

Flybe have cancelled loads of flight routes for the winter from the end of Oct. That means I'll have to drive around 2,000 miles instead of my in-laws flying up here for xmas.

They don't mention that in their ads in the Coutrier do they......

I'm busy colouring them off my Caley shirt

Where are they flying from? Can they not fly to somewhere like Aberdeen, Glasgow or Edinburgh and thus cut any journey you need to make to pick them up?

BMI, Ryanair and Easyjet are all doing the same.

If you are refering to flights out of Inverness, BMI no-longer operate and havn't done for at least 3-4 months. Perhaps one reason I rarely see 'PartTimer' in the terminal with a bottle of cheap magners.

Ryanair pulled their flights to Liverpool months ago also. It was popular one week and not the next, so I guess the reason for this being pulled was inconsistancy. As for their East Midlands Flight, this is more likely due to the price of fuel. As far as I am aware, there will be just 2 flights a week now rather than 4.

Easyjet are pulling quite a few flights because of fuel prices and the current ecconomic climate blah blah blah. Understandable when passenger numbers are notoriously low throughout the winter timetable.

Flybe are cutting some flight. Exter springs to mind. Not a popular flight when you consider flights head to Bristol and Southampton also. Add to that the trip from Exeter stops by Aberdeen instead of travelling Direct.

Flights to Birmingham and Manchester will probably stay the same baring in mind Eastern Aiirways no longer operate these routes.

Winter timatable should be on Inverness Airport website for all flights

in-laws were going to travel from Exeter.....and have decided that changing at Edinburgh is too much hassle. to be fair they're elderly and would prob end up on the wrong flight!

So I'm driving us down to visit them instead....at least it's downhill on the way there

Re: flights.....cut them to a few a week fair enough, but to cut them completely and then still advertise as if they are providing a good service is a bit off imo

Re: flights.....cut them to a few a week fair enough, but to cut them completely and then still advertise as if they are providing a good service is a bit off imo

Fair point though I guess they may have relinquished the slot or mothballed the plane or whatever.

I had a similar interest in the flight but I did always wonder how it was going to be economic to have daily+ flights to Bristol, Southampton and Exeter.