FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

POLL: Time to bin Brew?

SMEE

Time to bin Brew ?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or go ?

• Keep Him
    • Sack Him

rangers: a team with 100 times the transfer budget, 100 times the wage budget and 100 times the fanbase. Hardly a disgrace or a sackable offence if we lose to them. Granted it wasn't pretty and we deserved to lose by more, but its only one game out of the entire season so far that we've lsot convinvingly.

I'll have some of what ever you're on. Though perhaps not the same dose... :rotflmao:

It's high time more people voted with their feet until Brewster and Thomson vacate the premises.

Its a mix of optimism, realsim, common sense and loyalty. I take it in small doses after each game, but recently i've been taking them on a daily basis and especially after seeing this and various other anti-brewster topics springing up.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brew has not been getting the rub of the green needed to win games in the spl,

we have been playing attractive football.

As soon as we win one game, we'll go on another run of being unbeaten; its what always happens.

Realistically we had very little chance of taking anything from todays game, and the result shouldn't be a surprise.

The performance was disappointing but now everyone should forget about it and move on to the hibs game.

• You cant rely on "rub of the green" in every single game !!! In most you need tactics and a gameplan and not be scared to change things around if it doesnt work. We seen unwilling or scared to do that.
  • We occasionally play attractive football, when we leave it on the deck. Funnily enough, we tend to win when its on the deck. Unfortunately however, it seems that most of the time we play the 'HOOF' and we dont have the height or strength for that.
  • We last won two back to back league games in April. Before that it was Nov/Dec 07 when we won 4 in a row. On the other hand we have now lost 4 league games in a row, and last season lost 7 in a row and went 10 games without a win (L8, D2) during Jan/Mar.
  • Realistically we should have competed but not have been surprised to lose by the odd goal. 5-0 is an embarrassment. It is the record defeat in the SPL so far this season.
  • We should certainly move on, but forgetting is not a good or acceptable idea.

rangers: a team with 100 times the transfer budget, 100 times the wage budget and 100 times the fanbase. Hardly a disgrace or a sackable offence if we lose to them. Granted it wasn't pretty and we deserved to lose by more, but its only one game out of the entire season so far that we've lsot convinvingly.

I'll have some of what ever you're on. Though perhaps not the same dose... :rotflmao:

It's high time more people voted with their feet until Brewster and Thomson vacate the premises.

Its a mix of optimism, realsim, common sense and loyalty. I take it in small doses after each game, but recently i've been taking them on a daily basis and especially after seeing this and various other anti-brewster topics springing up.

Are you Brewster in disguise? I have always been the optomist but today I witnessed a team that didn't want to play. Why?

Not saying we should rely on the rub of the green, but look at the motherwell game. Wood through on goal and an unlucky ricochet means than motherwell go up the other end and score a good goal. That changes the game completely. If we had scored from that chance, like i'm sure we would have had that bounce not occured, then the 3 points owuld have been safe. As it was we lost thanks to a wonder goals from Bob Malcolm. Small margins, and soon they will turn in our favour. Its the same wth the falkirk game.

If the players didn't want to play, then there is something wrong with their attitude and they should be hooked.

Brewster should not go. He is a good manager, and is the best man for the job right now (narring crazy ideas). Bring back john robertson? Thats just taking the p*ss. Brew has not been getting the rub ofthe green needed to win games in the spl, but we have been playing attractive football. As soon as we win one game, we'll go on another run of being unbeaten; its what always happens. Realistically we had very little chance of taking anything from todays game, and the result shouldn't be a surprise. The performance was disappointing but now everyone should forget about it and move on to the hibs game.

What, you mean the runs we went on after each of our 3 wins this season?

Attractive football?

I'll have some too please.

I'll be there at Easter Road but I'll give you a prediction now. We come out fighting and get beat 2-1 with loads of hard luck stories.

You, like at lot of people on here, have been calling for Brew's head since the day he joined.

I have not called for his head from day one, but I do know when enough is enough.

I would love you to give some examples from day one and beyond. I will not say I have always been supportive of him, but certainly not anti-brew from day one. If you believe I have, please substantiate your claims with examples ..... or can your guide dog not work the keyboard.

**** off you Canadian ****.

I thought our profiles on here remained confidential, so how did you know I was registered blind?

I guess if its on your profile or you entered it somewhere, as an admin he will be able to see.......

But if anyone didnt know - they do now...

Were we ever going to win today? No!

Its the manner of defeat that galls us most, i'm weel pished, and cant type well, but the way we went 4 down is feckin scary, think brester has lost the ability to motivate the players.

Now the story is...... the next 2 games are crucial... we NEED 4 points from hibs/falirk or he is out of a job again

zzzzz night night

I don't see optimism or realism in any of your posts tonight... I see grasping at straws and disillusionment. Brewsters days are numbered... And that's not something I'd keep to myself if I were to catch him in public...

I find it ironic tht your name is WynessLegend... yes Wyness is a legend, but why was it again that he left? The initials CB come to mind. Tactical genius getting rid off our best scorer ever

Brewsters treatment of Wyness was shocking - he should still be here and our no. 1 Striker.

Rankin leaving - again Brewsters mismanagement of a player who'd still be here if it wasnt for Brew telling the press "he can go in January for the right price"........

Parky leaving - due to personal reasons....

Bayne - ok not the best striker in the world but could still be doing a better job than the VERY inexperienced strikers we have just now , NONE of which have any SPL experience / calibre - mismanagement again......

The team cant pass, keep the ball , they sit off teams too often and sit too deep under Mr Brewster. Some of the substitutions baffle me and im tired of taking the lead in games and end up losing them.

And the cherry on the top for me is BREWSTERS RECORD AT DUNDEE UNITED = why was he ever given a 2nd chance at this club..............? I was never for his re-appointment.

Hes had long enough to prove that hes NOT the man for the job - Please step aside Brewster

I find it ironic tht your name is WynessLegend... yes Wyness is a legend, but why was it again that he left? The initials CB come to mind. Tactical genius getting rid off our best scorer ever

Brewsters treatment of Wyness was shocking - he should still be here and our no. 1 Striker.

Rankin leaving - again Brewsters mismanagement of a player who'd still be here if it wasnt for Brew telling the press "he can go in January for the right price"........

Parky leaving - due to personal reasons....

Bayne - ok not the best striker in the world but could still be doing a better job than the VERY inexperienced strikers we have just now , NONE of which have any SPL experience / calibre - mismanagement again......

The team cant pass, keep the ball , they sit off teams too often and sit too deep under Mr Brewster. Some of the substitutions baffle me and im tired of taking the lead in games and end up losing them.

And the cherry on the top for me is BREWSTERS RECORD AT DUNDEE UNITED = why was he ever given a 2nd chance at this club..............? I was never for his re-appointment.

Hes had long enough to prove that hes NOT the man for the job - Please step aside Brewster

Well said that man

when brew first came back i hoped he would do well as i am someone who thinks everyone should be given a chance, BUT, im sorry to say brew has to go...he is tatically challenged...he shows no consistancy in team selection....apparently has no man to man management with all his players...can't sign a decent player to save his life...keeps players that should be playing on the bench...can't see past his own arrogance...can't motivate the players and worsed of all he is a big 'YES' man and that is a scary thought considering the idiots we have higher up in the ranks pulling the strings...i think that is probably enough to validate his sacking or which i'd prefer to see and that is for him to walk away.

please do the right thing brew and walk away before you bring this club down.

The boards worst ever decision was taking Brewster back for a second spell as manager.

I for one was DELIGHTED when Utd bought him and all his backroom staff. We made some great money on the deal, got rid of a **** manager and his ONLY assist to us - his playing ability was coming to an end.

The only thing I was frightened of was him poaching our best players - in the end he took one reserve team player and we got another ?30,000, bonus!!

I think my signature sums up my feeling for Brewster - Great player, **** manager.

I don't think he will walk, but can we afford to sack him and get someone else in? I doubt it !

I don't think he will walk, but can we afford to sack him and get someone else in? I doubt it !

Can we afford not to?

There's certain people involved with ICT who are quick to get the wallet out and splash the cash when they want to prove they are the big "I am" - The same ones who were responsible for Brewsters return.

Let's see now if they are so quick to get the wallet out when it comes to clearing up the mess they have created!!!

Can we afford not to?

There's certain people involved with ICT who are quick to get the wallet out and splash the cash when they want to prove they are the big "I am" - The same ones who were responsible for Brewsters return.

Let's see now if they are so quick to get the wallet out when it comes to clearing up the mess they have created!!!

It will certainly be interesting to see if this transpires. I very much doubt he'll take responsibility though...

?There are none so blind as those, that will not see?

The term "lost the dressing room" is used in football (soccer) to describe the situation where a manager of a club is seemingly very near to being sacked. The team will invariably be struggling on the pitch, the manager will be under a lot of pressure and the signs may be that he has lost the faith and respect of his players.