FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Partick : Matchday Thread

Scotty

possibly too early to say but maybe some of the posters who thought these new players were duds might be trying to wipe the egg off their faces

Ha, one in the eye for the serial moaners! :rotflmao:

Doesn,t take much for the pro Brewster peeps smugness to come out, does it.

Its Partick thistle from the first division. At least we should get 6 points off them next season

Pro-Brewster i am not Dewsbury..but many people did pour scorn over the 3 new faces without them playing a game in an ICT shirt, which i thought unfair. So hope they have changed their minds

Born Caley while they had very good debuts and the signs look very good but I dont think to many will have made thier final desisions on players on one game particulary against a team from a division below. Is Brew a tactical genius by playing a winger up front then he scores 2 goals, I really dont know.

Stevieco+ Dalneigh - I agree that it will take more than 1 game to change peoples minds, but there are too many posters who make judgements too early.

Im willing to give them the chance and pass judgement after 2 or 3 games

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home, I still can't feel my legs! I think you can call us hardy souls hardcore! We were freezing our backsides off with nothing much to cheer for the last half hour, however at least for a change this was because we were coasting to a win rather than a defeat.

I would firstly like to eat a slice of humble pie after my comments about the signing of Filipe Morais. One swallow does not make a summer, but considering he still looks a yard or two off full match sharpness, he played a blinder today. Brew gave him a free role in what appeared to be a 4-4-1-1 formation, and Partick found him a nightmare to pick up. He covered a heck of a lot of ground, pressed defenders, chased lost causes, and had an eye for a pass too. His goals were complete contrasts - the first a shot from distance which didn't appear to have a lot of venom, but which ended up presumably skidding off the wet surface and found itself in the bottom corner, the other coming off a long punt and a flick by Barrowman, where he held off a couple of defenders and bundled it past the keeper. A very promising debut indeed.

The other goal was the pick of the bunch. It was nice to see us score at the start of a second half, rather than concede! Some brilliant one touch football culminated in Cowie playing Vigurs in, and the young lad put his left boot right through it and stuck it in the top corner. An absolutely fabulous goal, honestly.

We had other chances, and though we took our foot off the gas late on, Partick didn't offer too much. Ike kept himself warm with a couple of good stops. Mihadjuks strolled through the game. I don't how he will fair against SPL strikers, but he looked comfortable in the air and his positioning was impeccable throughout. I was very impressed indeed. The rest? Plenty solid if unspectacular performances. Barrowman again showed his link play has improved, though he missed a gilt-edged opportunity early on and still looks like he couldn't find the goal if he had some sat-nav.

As I say, Partick were really disappointing, so I suspect we will need to move up a gear against Hamilton next week. It's a great boost for the confidence though.

As a postscript, there will be a fair few mentions of Djebi-Zadi's performance I think. He just had to be hooked at half-time, he was so out of his depth. I feel for the guy, who looked nervous and lacking in confidence, but he is absolutely not good enough for this level and I doubt we will see him in an ICT shirt again.

Good performance from caley considering the weather. Morais was fantastic he's fast, has quick feet and has skill. Vigurs made a great finish. The latvian defender was solid throughout as was the rest of the team apart from Lionel. He is absolutely useless.

That was a great result on a truly horrible day for football. I'm only slowly regaining the feeling in my feet!

I don't think anyone should get too carried away though because Partick Thistle were RANK rotten. Still you can only beat who you are up against and given the conditions and the referee it's a job well done.

For those who stayed away you missed a truly comedically bad display from Djebi-Zadi. Words really cannot describe how bad he was. I can't see him ever playing for us again. Let him go and free up some wages

Cracking goal from Vigurs and quite a debut for Morais who seemed to be given a free role today.

Hopefully that should boost confidence for next weeks crucial fixture :rotflmao:

That was a great result on a truly horrible day for football. I'm only slowly regaining the feeling in my feet!

I don't think anyone should get too carried away though because Partick Thistle were RANK rotten. Still you can only beat who you are up against and given the conditions and the referee it's a job well done.

For those who stayed away you missed a truly comedically bad display from Djebi-Zadi. Words really cannot describe how bad he was. I can't see him ever playing for us again. Let him go and free up some wages

Dont think there will be to many surprised by this, there was word he was been released a few weeks ago which Brew disputed perhaps today will have convinced him

So has big Pavels fully signed for us or can you play trialists in the cup?

Anyway a good result against a potential banana skin with good debuts for Morais and Mihadjuks and a good 3-0 scoreline at home to boot.

However lets not get carried away. Brew aint safe in my book by a long shot and has alot of work to do.

First of all it was against 1st division opposition and 1st division opposition that have as bad an away record as we do at home.

Its a cup game. The league is still the priority. If we dont get 3 points next weekend it will be really hard and if we get beat this result is meaningless.

I hope though that it breeds confidence and we can build on todays good result. Also a cup run would be good for the coffers im sure.

But Where were all the fans????

wish I could have been there, I love cup football and it would have been great to see a home win for a change but longest month of the year, credit crunch and on top of that i just bought a new place

I think a lot of people would also be deterred by their hatred for Brew and our current league position

but fair play to everyone who did turn out sounds as though they got what they deserved (in a good way)

Edited by Harry Chibber

Nice to report a good performance for once :rotflmao:

Most of the team get pass marks, except Lionel.....he was that bad he got hooked at half time.

And Barrowman, I just don't get what anyone sees in the bloke. He's had countless chances but he just isn't up to it in my opinion. Yet we keep our best striker (Rooney) sat on the bench every week.

Cant really give that much of an opinion on Gathuessi as he came on when we had taken our foot of the gas, but he was quick and had a good eye for a pass, played a great ball across goal at one point to after not giving up at the bye line. But all in all this was a good performance! So happy to be saying that :rotflmao: Morais was, well everyone else has said it so far, superb and looking like he can really lift the team. Number 18 (as I called him throughout) looked comfortable and has composure that we've been looking for I feel. And the rest... well the rest had a very good game to. Special mentions to Vigurs, McBain, Barrowman (I think he is getting there) and Cowie. Next week is where we should really judge the team and hopefully the confidence is now high!

Best home performance of the season today. I was delighted to see sweeping changes to the starting lineup, I would be happy to see the same 11 next week.

Morais looks like he could be a terrific signing for us. His pace, control, passing, crossing and finishing were all top class today. Let's hope he can play with that quality every week.

Mihadjuks looks like a sturdy, no nonsense center half. For once there were no gaping holes in our box. You can't judge after one game but it looks like we may have finally found a replacement for Dodds. He also used the ball well, usually opting to pick out a simple pass to a midfielder rather than dilly dally himself into trouble or senselessly hoof it up the park like we've often seen from ICT defenders this season.

Not sure why some posters seem to be picking on Djebi-Zadi, I thought he had a decent game but perhaps his reputation goes before him. He certainly didn't allow Partick to create anything down the right while he was on the pitch.

Fraser had a good game between the sticks, I can't remember the last time he kept a clean sheet. Perhaps some bench time has done him good.

Finally, it was encouraging to see that we didn't miss Ian Black (or Dougie Imrie for that matter) at all today. While Blackie is obviously a talented player, IMHO we often seem to play better when he's absent.

Finally, it was encouraging to see that we didn't miss Ian Black (or Dougie Imrie for that matter) at all today. While Blackie is obviously a talented player, IMHO we often seem to play better when he's absent.

He was in the stands today sporting a black eye to. Didn't celebrate at any of the goals, not that I was expecting him to go mental but he didn't move.

He looked good on the ball Hairy, some neat touches may turn out to be very good if given a chance.

We played well enough today given the opposition. Morais was well worth his MoM award. His two goals were maybe deflections I don't know, but the first looked like an angled drive from inside the box and his second was great, he shut down the defender on the edge of the box and blocked the clearance, which fortunately fell kindly and squirmed straight through into the middle of the goals. He played wider than Barrowman and slightly behind him picking up the link play from the midfield and tormenting the Partick defence with some tasty skills. Young Vigurs had a decent game and scored with a solid left footer from fifteen yards inside the box to the keepers right. The ball whizzing past him high into the heart of the net. Pavels MacMagic had a solid game and tried to play out of defence, whilst on the left Jimmy Jabby showed glimpses of football, unfortunately only glimpses. Barrowman for me was AWOL again. Roy McBain started very brightly and was the star attraction in the first twenty minutes before Phillipe took over. Special mention for Mike Fraser who performed very well and I for one have no issues with him playing between the sticks.

Low crowd partly due to horrific weather and no season tickets............and the fact it was a cup tie. Check Celtics crowd.

Cant really give that much of an opinion on Gathuessi as he came on when we had taken our foot of the gas, but he was quick and had a good eye for a pass, played a great ball across goal at one point to after not giving up at the bye line. But all in all this was a good performance!

Gathuessi was no to bad. Had a few good touches but didn't see him that much. we still need to see morw to have a proper view but I think he will be fine.

He looked good on the ball Hairy, some neat touches may turn out to be very good if given a chance.

cheers

I watched him when the team were warming up and he struggled to lift his feet off the ground when all about him were doing skips, I think it's the weather getting to him. Some of us can cope with cold and wet weather but he obviously can't. Why did County release him?

Any opinions on Gathuessi, says on BBC site he came on 73rd minute?

Very skillful from what I saw and skinned a few of the Partick players but as with Morais and Mihadjuks who looked to be good signings, I'll reserve judgement for League business.

I have been told that when Gathuessi came on, he was played at Centre Mid?!

Could well be where Brewster was pointing him before he came on but he was spending his time at right of midfield.

Good to leave the stadium with a smile on my face even though it was frozen on.