FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Morais

davieB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was very impressive today. He may only have played one game but in that one game he has shown everything he can do.

His pace was a real threat throughout the whole game. His close control on the ball was top notch and those that said he has no end product can think again because some of his crosses and through balls today created good chances. As well as getting 2 goals.

If he carries on playing like that for the rest of the season then we must do our best to make him a long term player.

Edited by ajsict92

THE NEW HERO

just the type of player we need, someone with bags of energy and knows how to put it to good use. It's been a long time since i have seen a player put in so much effort in one match, the rest of the team should be taking lessons off him in how to impress the fans. One thing: what in gods name was his celebration for his second goal about? Glad to see someone enjoying themself on the ICT though.

also liked the way mihadjuks is shaping up, looked like he knew what he was doing apart from a few misplaced passes.

I remember similar threads after the opening game of the season when everyone thought Barrowman was going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Not looking to knock the lad (Morais) and hope he does keep up with the goals, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Yes...yer not wrong CaleyD. Lets not forget it was a lower league team we were playing AND it was his debut...so he would be trying to impress. Lets not count our chickens just yet. 5 games from now will be a better yardstick.

Comments by Brew in the NOTW:

Inverness boss Brewster admitted: ?It was a big day for us, but we scored three, got a clean sheet and we?re into the next round.?

?Felipe hadn?t even trained with us after coming north on Friday, but I just felt his pace and enthusiasm could hurt Partick. I?ve seen him play a couple of times and he was superb today.?

Just wait until Brew starts training him, that'll put an end of his good play :rotflmao:

Considering he hasn't played a competitive game since August (I think?) and didn't even train with us, was amazing how much sharper and that step ahead of the rest of the team he looked.

Impressive debut yes :rotflmao: but mustn't get too carried away or put too much pressure on the lad.

Thought Ikey had a good, solid performance yesterday too, will be interesting to see who starts in goal against Accies..

I remember similar threads after the opening game of the season when everyone thought Barrowman was going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Not looking to knock the lad (Morais) and hope he does keep up with the goals, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I know your not looking to knock the lad but the above quote only tells me that you weren't at the match.

The man only runs at full speed, only runs in the direction of goal and whoever is in front of him he just skins them and shoots, a very good signing. He plays in the same style of a young Barry Wilson but faster.So its fitting that he wears the no 7 shirt.

The man is a definite crowd pleaser.

I left the match not thinking about relegation but how many points separate us from 6th place (but I'M getting ahead of myself)

The man only runs at full speed, only runs in the direction of goal and whoever is in front of him he just skins them and shoots, a very good signing. He plays in the same style of a young Barry Wilson but faster.So its fitting that he wears the no 7 shirt.

The man is a definite crowd pleaser.

I left the match not thinking about relegation but how many points separate us from 6th place (but I'M getting ahead of myself)

While I agree his performance was heartwarming, let's wait and see how this transfers to the SPL.

iam so disillusioned by this thread 90% of people hve been slagging brewsters 3 signings he made last week,but as myself and a few others said give them a few games before you judge them,suprise filipe and pavel are no being raved about where as 24hrs ago they were 2 bit useless signings :rotflmao:

Think that most were knocking Brewster not the players ?

Looking forward to seeing him rip apart hamilton now, i think most teams won't be able to cope with him if he keeps it up. Mihadjuks + co must have been wondering what the hell they had got themselves in for, coming out into the pouring rain with only 1000 or so cheering them on. To be honest, it didn't look like Morais could have cared less, its been a while sinces hes been the headline maker at any club.

shocking accent though.

The transfer details were undisclosed. One does wonder if we paid a nominal fee at all.

Still if they do the job you wont get any complaints on this front.

Still reckon we need two players in a solid experienced defender and experieced striker. And then get rid of Maguire.

The transfer details were undisclosed. One does wonder if we paid a nominal fee at all.

Still if they do the job you wont get any complaints on this front.

Still reckon we need two players in a solid experienced defender and experieced striker. And then get rid of Maguire.

so you dont think we should replace black+cowie?

Well I suppose we'll have to wait on the Cowie/Black front. See what happens with Hearts moving for Black. (rumours from Hearts Season ticket holders say Wednesday but im sure they were "reliably informed")

And nothing concrete has come in for Cowie yet.

Chances are unless a substancial bid comes in for him the board will hopefully hold out on the thinking keeping the player for 6 months and staying up would be more financially viable than selling him for pennies.

They should do that with Black too. If Hearts want him now then force their hand. If they dont stump up we still have a capable player to help stave of relegation (however this would change if the player gets stroppy) as i feel while he's here he'll remain committed to the cause. He seems that type. His stubborn nature may help us out.

But yes if they are both to go they'll need replaced. And i'd be happy to look at Harkins etc but not at 100k hopefully (60-75k with sell on clauses perhaps)

Why not look at premiership kids looking for experience. They wont all cut it down there and will be looking for the chance to show what they can do.

Only need to replace them if they are leaving in this window.

yes but surely black will be away,so unless we get a swap ,i hope we have 1-2 mids lined up,or at least been scouted

Well I suppose we'll have to wait on the Cowie/Black front. See what happens with Hearts moving for Black. (rumours from Hearts Season ticket holders say Wednesday but im sure they were "reliably informed")

that would fit,i think hearts are set to sell 1-2 players on tues/wed,so may have cash to buy him then

Agree, excellent debut as were the other new signings. Credit to the hardy souls who turned up on Saturday, worst conditions I can recall at TCS.

However what got my dander up was when after going two up early in the second half we reverted to "camping" on our 18 yard line and hitting on the break!! Normal service resumed from Mr Brewster, it would have been an ideal opportunity to keep pressing forward and winning in style instead of making Partick look good. It became so frustrating I bellowed "any chance of coming out of our own half" at Brewster.

Yes, a good confidence boosting result, entertaining first half but disappointed we did not go home to thaw out celebrating a 5 or 6 nil win.

Also there is a clear message from our season ticket holders here, simply by their absence. A crowd of around 1850 and empty stands highlight the need for the return of entertaining, attacking football.

Edited by Donview