FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

McBain's Red Card

ubern

I just saw Roy's sending off on the BBC Alba coverage and I am at a complete loss as to what happened and not being a gaelic speaker the commentary wasn't of much help to me...

So yeah, anyone able to explain to me what went on and why he was ordered off?

Most people seem to be missing the fact that McBain is also having his shirt tugged in the above picture....which is what it looked like at the time, a two-way tussle between the players to get to the ball.

Aye but why does he have both hands on the Hearts lad?? This is football not wrestling. Looks like a stonewaller!

So he was booked and then shown a straight red for mouthing off?

Utter stupidity

No loss though

Edited by kencar

Iv not seen no highlights but i felt driver went down very easily.

Even if McBain fouled Driver for the penalty i doubt it was worthy of a yellow. The ref decided to wait 3-4 seconds before making the decision (whilst the HMFC players were screaming at him) no advantage was available as Driver was on the floor so he couldnt have been waiting for that. It appears it was a will i/ wont i decision and he decided to give it.

A straight red for foul and abusive language in this day and age is in my opinion riduculous! Swearing at officials happens all the time in Football but it seems the 'linesmans' wanted to make the headlines. Im not saying disrespect towards officials is right but it must happen all the time. If it was a 'big name' player i doubt it would be a similar decision by the linesman.

We were well on top until the sending off. Esson(wat a keeper)tially that decision changed the game!

Talking back immediately after being booked is stupid, very stupid. If it was never merited a straight red then he would have walked anyway witha second booking.

My brother told me that the penalty prevented a goal and with Esson saving the penalty I think that I would praise McBain for doing so as I did when he gave away a penalty (with straight red) against Clyde in the run up to us winning the SFL championship I belive that this game had the same level of importance to it. But, to get away with a yellow then be stupid enough to chat back after being booked is unforgivable. Silly silly man.

McBain's yellow was for the foul leading to the penalty, McBain's red was for dissent and unsporting behaviour after the penalty for giving the linesman the GIRUY sign (slappin the elbow showin the fist in the air) when Esson saved it.

Linesman/Assistant wanted him sent off and used it as his excuse :rotflmao: to get him off after the ref did'nt give him the red for the initial foul.

Utter stupidity by McBain for doing it and there is no excuse for it, silly and childish, but he was obviously frustrated by the Assistant enough to do it.

Interview with Esson after yesterday's game where he gives his view on the penalty and sending off...

Caley keeper gutted by defeat

Esson said: "I don't want to get into blaming the referee, but when some calls are given and others similar aren't, you have to question consistency. On another week, the penalty would have been a free kick the other way."

He has definitely been a decent acquisition for the team....not many times in the recent years that we have penalties saved by an ICT keeper.... :rotflmao:

He has definitely been a decent acquisition for the team....not many times in the recent years that we have penalties saved by an ICT keeper.... :rotflmao:

Aye, you are right there. I think he'll prove to be the best keeper we've had at The Dump.

McBain was foolish to get sent off and judging by the pictures on BBC Alba, his challenge was needless and careless.

Looks like a stonewall penalty to me, but difficult to tell how much force was used by Roy, although he appeared to pull him back using both arms. Foolish thing to do Roy. Sometimes it's better to remain invisible.

Went to the BBC site 5 minutes ago to veiw the highlights, every feckers game but ours is on there!!

What the hell is going on??

The game was being shown on BBC Alba again today, think the show just finished ten minutes ago so I can only imagine it's something to do with the licensing..??

Thanks for that........I thought it was only live games that would have held up highlights, and there was me thinking there's a referees conspiracy going on :rotflmao:

At the game it just looked like a clumsy challenge - stand on yer feet and you dont give a diver the excuse to dive. Roy should be docked wages for unprofessionalism and leeting the side down.

BUT HEY - RYAN ESSON KICKING LUMPS OUT OF THE PENALTY SPOT HAS TO GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE FECKIN FUNNIEST MOMENTS IN ICT HISTORY - CLASSIC - WAS IT CAUGHT ON ALBA ?

Both 2nd and 3rd goals conceded with runs down the right channel where we look exposed after the sending off - the third was pretty soft as no pressure on two hearts players at any time at all....will have to work on that or that level of defending (mid and defence) will cost us even more points....game looked excellent though and some good opportunities....as they say on another day we might have had a different result....

I've never seen so many short sighted posts on one thread in all my life... The problem wasn't the penalty itself - it actually started with Obua's goal.... That goal should never have been allowed to stand - Obua got nowhere near the ball -he just charged into Esson while his feet were off the deck as he tried to catch the ball.. it was a clear foul on the keeper.

Nobody expected that goal to stand... but it did.

Decisions like that can seriously affect a professional player's livelyhood.... That decision could even end up being the difference between SPL and Div 1 football next season...

So how was Roy supposed to feel, when Conroy added insult to the proceedings by awarding the penalty? This was adjudged by most neutral observers at the game, to be one of the extremely soft variety..

Of course Roy should have said something like.. " Oh referree, are you sure that was a penalty?"

But he didn't say that... Of course he didn't feckin say that.... he's a feckin human being - thank God.

What would anyone else in his position, with half a brain have said to the ref?

just saw the penalty - thought it was very soft, the Hearts boy went down far too easy, although McBain should learn to keep his hands to himself.

As for the sending off - also very soft, wasn't much of a gesture at all - Tokely did nearly the same thing.

Referring decisions can cost you so much!

Terrible defending after the equaliser!!!!!