FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Djebi-zadi

AJS

Nobody can deny Lionel puts his heart and soul into playing for ICT. The guy was just gutted when he was sent off this afternoon but he will bounce back I am sure of that. Aye, he could become an ICT legend, and for the right reasons too !

:rotflmao:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i have to say he looked really upset walking off...

was he crying???? he kept on putting his hands to his face

Edited by Muir-Jaggie

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i think any of our defenders in Lionels situation would have done the same kind of thing but everyone nos the player of the other team will always be looking for a Pen so will always try go down on a easy tap on him. Thats the first mistake hes made i think he'll get over it and will prove and he still has alot to offer but now hes made it harder for his place now hastings can show what hes got and take the place from him

Oh - fer fecks sake - he is a nice guy but he is not SPL standard - he will never make the grade - if we go fer the nice guy routine - we may hit the SPL. He is / was an accident waiting to happen. We are now in a situstion where we cannot take risks.

By that reasoning should you not be "overthebridge"? :rotflmao:

Oh - fer fecks sake - he is a nice guy but he is not SPL standard - he will never make the grade - if we go fer the nice guy routine - we may hit the SPL. He is / was an accident waiting to happen. We are now in a situstion where we cannot take risks.

I just don't understand you.

You still haven't answered my previous question - which players are consistent and a 100% reliable???

It'll be interesting to see how well Hastings does when Lionel is out. Last time I saw him a few months back he didn't look like the player he once was. He looked a bit passed it and didn't seem to be too keen on making his usual forward runs and crossing from the edge of the box as he once did. As he been kept out the team in recent times he'll have to put in some performance for Butcher to play him infront of Lionel and also the likes of McBain and Gathuessi who can also play left-back as well as having to show he good enough to keep for next season, especially with the return of Richie Byrne (who may or may not be any good). Perhaps a good performance by Richard Hastings could mean an improvement from Lionel Djebi-Zadi as well as I reckon they'll both be fighting it out for that place from here till the end of the season.

By that reasoning should you not be "overthebridge"? :rotflmao:

Or perhaps Lionel should be ?

You still haven't answered my previous question - which players are consistent and a 100% reliable???

I cant think of one in the world actually. I suspect that is the right answer ?

Here are a few fer you - 1) which player ultimately cost ICT a place in a Hampden semi final ? 2) Name the player whose ineptitude cost the club at least ?250,000.00 ? 3) Name the player who has only just encouraged a section of the support to take him seriously ? 4) Name the player that many fans hold their breaths when he gets on the ball ?

One answer fer 1,2,3 - multi choice in 4. :thumb04:

You're right to inply that no player is 100% reliable. We've seen that many times this season alone. However what you need to understand is that once IHE has a 'down' on a player, there is no changing him, no matter how well that player does. We've seen it before with Marius. Fortunately, not all ICT supporters are so blinkered. Keep the faith!

?

Here are a few fer you - 1) which player ultimately cost ICT a place in a Hampden semi final ? 2) Name the player whose ineptitude cost the club at least ?250,000.00 ? 3) Name the player who has only just encouraged a section of the support to take him seriously ? 4) Name the player that many fans hold their breaths when he gets on the ball ?

One answer fer 1,2,3 - multi choice in 4. :rotflmao:

You could name any of our alleged strikers who couldn't put the ball in the net....

It's supposed to be a team game.

At worst Djebi-zadi gave away a penalty yesterday... There is no way he should have been sent off...

It's a crazy feckin rule that anyway and it's ruined many a game over the years... Awarding a penalty should be sufficient punishment for conceeding a foul in the box...

You're right to inply that no player is 100% reliable. We've seen that many times this season alone. However what you need to understand is that once IHE has a 'down' on a player, there is no changing him, no matter how well that player does. We've seen it before with Marius. Fortunately, not all ICT supporters are so blinkered. Keep the faith!

I ended up loving Marius - and I said many, many complimentary things about him. I suppose that my problem is that I have a sharp tactical brain and I am not shy to voice criticism when it is required. I am the one who doesnt look at things through rose tinted specs. I actually answered the question befor you did but again that is probably down to speed of thought. I am keeping the faith and protecting the faith.

Have you actually ever seen Lionel play ? :rotflmao:

?

You could name any of our alleged strikers who couldn't put the ball in the net....

It's supposed to be a team game.

At worst Djebi-zadi gave away a penalty yesterday... There is no way he should have been sent off...

It's a crazy feckin rule that anyway and it's ruined many a game over the years... Awarding a penalty should be sufficient punishment for conceeding a foul in the box...

You scored 1 out of 4.

Here goes:

1) Richie Foran - had the chances, couldn't score

2) Richie Foran - what the hell's he still doing in the team if he can't put away chances

3) It could be Duncan, Tokely, Munro, Imrie, Djebi-Zadi, McBain, Morais or Proctor...hmmm...I'll go for Munro. Worst player in our defence.

4) In awe? Probably Black, maybe Imrie. In terror? Tokely, Munro, Imrie, Duncan or Djebi-Zadi. Over all, Duncan. almost guaranteed to give away the ball. And, guess what, he's a midfielder!!!

How'd I do?

Good post Johnboy, my thoughts entirely.

What the heck are the guys up the other end of the pitch supposed to be doing. They're shooting is far worse than Lionel's defending.

And you wait till you see how determined Lionel will be the next time he runs out, this incident will make him a better player.

I'ts about time everyone got off his back, I know he plays on the edge but I find him entertaining. So far he has done himself proud, leave him alone for goodness sake.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

And you wait till you see how determined Lionel will be the next time he runs out, this incident will make him a better player.

what makes you think he'll get a run out after that?? mcbain and hastings can play at left back they both no that they can take that place away from lionel. he made a stupid mistake on saturday and he nos that himself

Here's another one:

1) Which player surprisingly played in the Celtic match much to the horror of the supporters but ended up winning most of them over?

2) Who was playing at left-back when Inverness managed clean sheets against BOTH Old Firm teams ?

3) What player was named Man of the Match against Hibs by both the Scotsman and the Daily Record?

4) Who is the poster that's been unfairly criticising a player that's been surprisingly one of our best performers in recent games, desperate to pounce on a mistake to prove him right, even though the man in question has been neither our worst player nor our worst defender?

At this stage, yep Hastings. He's a decent left-back that's probably got the bit between his teeth again after being left out. I thought he really suffered as well with no leader (i.e. Mihadjuks) in the team. McBain? Never see him tackling much. Maybe now is not the time to experiment. After the next couple of games when we're safe perhaps? :rotflmao:

Edited by starchief

Hastings proved only one thing yesterday, he is still rubbish, he offered nothing going forward and his crosses match Imries shots and Duncans passing.