Not Enough Singing At Matches

Guest Sigmor

Guest Sigmor

I think the words of decent caley songs should be printed in the match day programme so everyone can get involved. it is sometimes embarrassing when a couple of hundred away fans out sing the home support,even when they have not got much to sing about. i think the players and manager deserve this given the recent results.

ICT are staying up.

I think the words of decent caley songs should be printed in the match day programme so everyone can get involved. it is sometimes embarrassing when a couple of hundred away fans out sing the home support,even when they have not got much to sing about. i think the players and manager deserve this given the recent results.

ICT are staying up.

The atmosphere in the North Stand is far better than the Main Stand and the youngsters there are starting to get a lot more support from older fans like myself when they get some songs started. Things are a lot better than they once were but as with any "new" club it is going to take a long time for the crowd to generate an atmosphere to rival long established clubs.

I've been getting a lot of stick at work about having a bridge and a castle which isn't helped when I start to sing it on request. :rotflmao:

Your sentiments are correct sigmor. We are generally a nice quiet bunch of reserved Highlanders. I see you are new to posting on the boards, but as edgeley said, this subject has been done to death and back again.

By all means discuss it, but because it has been discussed at great lengths on a number of occasions, the responses might be a little muted.

In fact, sigmor should sing more.

Guest Sigmor

Your sentiments are correct sigmor. We are generally a nice quiet bunch of reserved Highlanders. I see you are new to posting on the boards, but as edgeley said, this subject has been done to death and back again.

By all means discuss it, but because it has been discussed at great lengths on a number of occasions, the responses might be a little muted.

In fact, sigmor should sing more.

your right i should sing more but as my posts suggest i am a fairly new caley fan and as such do not know the words to any songs. hence my suggestion of having the words printed in the programmes. As you rightly pointed out this subject has been discussed many times over. maybe like me other fans dont know the words to songs either

Edited by Sigmor

Guest Muir-Jaggie

The away fans buy the same programmes as us. How bad would it look when they turn the page and theres songs on it for the ICT fans

CALEY (CLAP,CLAP,CLAP) CALEY (CLAP,CLAP,CLAP)

bad idea

Guest Sigmor

The away fans buy the same programmes as us. How bad would it look when they turn the page and theres songs on it for the ICT fans

bad idea

Yes fair point maybe then on a sheet of A4 collected from the club shop

bad idea

At Pittodrie the Ultras put the sheets (I said sheets) on the seats for the sing alongs.

At Hibs they go round the local pubs in Easter Road and hand out the song sheets.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

bad idea

At Pittodrie the Ultras put the sheets (I said sheets) on the seats for the sing alongs.

At Hibs they go round the local pubs in Easter Road and hand out the song sheets.

That would be good if they put out songs on a sheet of paper in the north stand. No point for the main stand they'll just be doing there knitting for the full 90 mins :rotflmao:

Going round pubs is a great idea :thumb04:

Guest Sigmor

bad idea

That sounds like a workable solution. i have been to pitodrie and easter road and their fans can definitley sing. the club already hands out team sheets before the match so i guess it wouldnt be too difficult to add some more sheets.

Edited by Sigmor

Guest Sigmor

This is not a problem which is unique to TCS. CLICK

if some one was to put the words to songs on line i would defenitely learn them and lend another voice.

ICT are staying up

Guest Muir-Jaggie

make a designated singing section and thats the start, you can sing out of it of cource but as at away game the people who do sing all sit together with no hastle, theres your starting place

They added that west stand was that no meant to be for the singing section??? aka its looks stupid no one sitting in it

Away games is always the best for singing. You just go in and sit with the bunch of guys who are standing up and thats that. No one says a word to you or anything

The atmosphere in the North Stand is far better than the Main Stand and the youngsters there are starting to get a lot more support from older fans like myself when they get some songs started. Things are a lot better than they once were but as with any "new" club it is going to take a long time for the crowd to generate an atmosphere to rival long established clubs.

I've been getting a lot of stick at work about having a bridge and a castle which isn't helped when I start to sing it on request. :thumb04:

Aye - it is up to the old cnuts to show the yoof the way - personally I would be too shy and embarrassed to stand up and start the singing off - but I would be willing to join in.

The Sesh Army versions of Adam Rooney and Eric Obdhiambo should be family favourites. :rotflmao:

Aye - it is up to the old cnuts to show the yoof the way - personally I would be too shy and embarrassed to stand up and start the singing off - but I would be willing to join in.

The Sesh Army versions of Adam Rooney and Eric Obdhiambo should be family favourites. :rotflmao:

Which group do you fall into then? Yoof or old ****?

And care to share the sesh army versions then?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

The Sesh Army versions of Adam Rooney and Eric Obdhiambo should be family favourites. :thumb04:

Which group do you fall into then? Yoof or old ****?

IHE falls into the middle of them :rotflmao:

[

Aye - it is up to the old cnuts to show the yoof the way - personally I would be too shy and embarrassed to stand up and start the singing off - but I would be willing to join in. :rotflmao:

The Sesh Army versions of Adam Rooney and Eric Obdhiambo should be family favourites. :thumb04:

He came over from the Stoke City, Roooney Roooney

Said Caley are the team for me, Roooney Rooney

Hes 6 foot 2 wi ginger hair,

We'd rather Wayne, but we don't care,

Adaaaam Roooney, Caley number 9.

Na na na na na na na na na na na ;) :lol: :018: