FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Phil Mcguire Has Left Ict

caleyrule

Glad to hear he's away, but I imagine this has cost us a lump sum pay-off.

My thoughts exactly Yngwie. He still had another year left on his deal and from what i heard he was a high earner. Not dissapointed that he is gone he was one of the most overrated signings. But we shouldnt be paying players off in our situation.

Thought he might have been more than capable of doing a job in the 1st.....and didn't always agree that he was out of his depth in the SPL.

We're going to need battlers for the forthcoming season, so seeing one leaving doesn't hit me as being "great" news.

Thought he might have been more than capable of doing a job in the 1st.....and didn't always agree that he was out of his depth in the SPL.

We're going to need battlers for the forthcoming season, so seeing one leaving doesn't hit me as being "great" news.

His fitness levels was concern for Butcher

McGuire is a legend. All the people above know nothing about true talent.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Edited by Yngwie
Abuse removed

thought mcguire did a fine job in the spl, his problem was not getting enough time to form a partnership with another central defender.

remembering that clearance off the line against celtic. a good defender, strange decision to have paid him off. Maybe he already has a club in mind and it was mutual termination?

caleyrule posted a plausible explanation above.

I am kinda on the fence with this one. If he is not in TB's plans because there is something he doesnt like that he sees in training then fair play to cut down the wage bill. We may have to pay him off, but its likely to be less than the value of his wages for a year.

Yippee!!

A central defender that doesn't use his head lets in a lot of goals, was he injured, I don't think he was even used in the reserves of late.

Maybe Brewster has put in a good word for him??

I think he was injured most of last season as far as i remember to be honest

Was he not brought in in january after Brew came back on a two year deal? If so then he only has six months left.

It was a 2 and a 1/2 deal i think its mainly if you sign a contract in Jan its a so many years + 6 months deal

no he was one of brewsters deadline day signings along with proctor in the summer transfer window when brew came back. He actually did a job when he came in as we had just lost 6 on the bounce and our defence was desperately missing dods but since those first few games I don't think he has shown much.