FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster At It Again!

RiG

Brew's just an erse! What makes him think players are going to consider a club when the manager's got the shortest odds on being sacked over the course of the season?  :001:

Maybe its just frustration over the knowledge that he willingly left the best job he's ever likely to have. Robbo displayed it in a more physical way but he had it too.  :001:

Well done Mo Malpas for saying what he said. Although he never played for Dunfermline he was always one of that town's favourite sons.... A great international full back, and a real nice guy... He's also got a university degree in something or other....

I wish him well at 'Well.....

David Sutherland really put Thompson and Brewster in their place with his firm but direct response...

"If it is meant to unsettle players and put pressure on us to accept, then I can only say our previous reluctance to sell is now a complete determination.

Our manager, Charlie Christie, wants to keep his players, and it is unfair to try to take our players with our first SPL game on Saturday.

It is also unfair to our supporters, who do not know the truth.

For avoidance of all doubt, and to make any future media leaks futile, we will not be doing transfer business with Dundee United in relation to players who are important to our manager's plans. End of story."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love that last paragraph. "Fvck off and never darken our doors again". I sincerely hope Brewster comes to Inverness on 16th September sitting at the bottom of the league!

Guest kingkojak

:015

i wish them lots of luck in keeping their record breaking losing streak frm last season going long into 06/07!!

You know ... A few weeks ago, I didnt really care who got relegated this year (except us of course) ... I was thinking maybe St Mirren because of their fans treatment of Tokely and superior attitude especially on places like P&B, then I wondered maybe Dunfermline or Falkirk because they seem to have the worst teams on paper .... but I now want the Tannadump To55ers to go down so much I can taste it ... I would also like to see Brewster be another casualty of the Grocer before Xmas and for ET to get his comeuppance for his **** Dastardly behaviour time after time after time .....

I am beginning to think I hate this side more than i loathe Livi and far more than the minor irritation that Ross COunty provide.

See http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/DundeeUnited-Dundee United have an amazingly poor record in the SPL. In 8 seasons they have got as high as 5th just once. That was their only top 6 finish. Three times they have finished 11th. As Charlie said the only reason players go there is for money. Recently the Norwegian Club upped the ante for their full back. The young centre half upped his salary request three times. A queue of players is still heading out of the club with their pay-offs. They are living on memories.

Even Brewster only went there to feed an insatiable ego. Most weekends he takes his pay and heads to the fresh air of Inverness to invest it wisely.

Guest cantbeatus

See http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/DundeeUnited-Dundee United have an amazingly poor record in the SPL. In 8 seasons they have got as high as 5th just once. That was their only top 6 finish. Three times they have finished 11th. As Charlie said the only reason players go there is for money. Recently the Norwegian Club upped the ante for their full back. The young centre half upped his salary request three times. A queue of players is still heading out of the club with their pay-offs. They are living on memories.

Even Brewster only went there to feed an insatiable ego. Most weekends he takes his pay and heads to the fresh air of Inverness to invest it wisely.

We have been dreadully sh!t in the SPL thats true.

Whats the highest ICT have finished in the SPL though?

We are living off memories....even if this was true, at least we have memories to live off

By my calculations United have an average finishing position of 9th in the SPL.

ICT have an average of 7.5  :003:

Aside from one season where they finished 5th, United finish around the same level, if not below ICT  :015:

Dundee Utd chairman caught blasting Brewster

tribalfooball.com - July 30, 2006

Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson was caught slaughtering manager Craig Brewster on his mobile phone after yesterday's opening day defeat to Falkirk.

Scotland on Sunday says after spotting the assembled media pack within listening distance, Thompson stood within metres of them questioning the tactics of Brewster and naming Steven Robb, Barry Robson, Mark Kerr and Lee Mair as the chief offenders on the day.

This quote from Scotland on Sunday is even funnier:

Brewster gets a wrong number

MANAGER Craig Brewster suffered a stinging attack from his chairman Eddie Thompson as Dundee United again failed to open their season with a win.

"I wish I could snap my fingers and get us a win," said the manager. "But we're here for the long haul and while we need to make changes it can't be done overnight."

On the evidence of his employer's outburst yesterday, Brewster had better make those changes soon.

Fae the Scotsman

"MANAGER Craig Brewster suffered a stinging attack from his chairman Eddie Thompson as Dundee United again failed to open their season with a win.

It is now seven years since United managed that feat and Thompson, for one, was none too happy, choosing the club canteen - conveniently next door to the Tannadice press room - as the venue to publicly berate the ability of both Brewster and several first team players over his mobile phone.

After clocking the assembled media pack within listening distance, Thompson stood within metres of them questioning the tactics of Brewster and naming Agent Robb, Barry Robson, Mark Kerr and Agent Mair as the chief offenders on the day.

Whether the five-minute call was made in public deliberately or not, the fact that Thompson chose to do it does throw uncertainty over the long-term reign of Brewster.

sounds like Eddie

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Guest kingkojak

"I wish I could snap my fingers and get us a win," said the manager. "But we're here for the long haul and while we need to make changes it can't be done overnight."

:015: :015: :015:  brewster sounds like he's getting desperate..... he's had alomost 6 months now to turn things around but he's made a dogs erse of it. 

he's completely lost the faith of the fans down here in dundee.  my yinted mates arent happy  :015: - £200k for him has turned out to be a great bit of business by grassa and davey  :clapping04: