FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Game/Goal highlights

Council Juice

The point I was making is that as InvernessTV.net is not an official ICT site then, as I understand it, they cannot show the highlights without first agreeing terms/paying for the privilege. This understanding comes from having spoken to those who run the highlight service for other clubs.

Those who already provide the service do so through the clubs official site, or a separate club owned/controlled media site, and it is done under the clubs rights. The club do not have the authority to transfer those rights to a third party.

I have a copy of the SFA/SFL Agreement for this somewhere and I'll dig it out and post it.

It's not impossible to provide the service, that's not what I'm saying, and I actually think it's a relatively straight forward thing to get put in place. What I am saying, is that without the clubs co-operation then it then becomes a far more complicated and costly process.....at which point it would not be viable.

Perhaps with there being a change in general manager (Mike Smith leaving) then now is a good time to raise this issue. A fresh face might like the idea of utilising technology. In my opinion ICT has always been a little slow in embracing the Web and other such devices.

If we can find a model that is cost effective - even if it does no more than cover its costs (profit for the club would obviously be preferrable) then it seems suprising that the club wont even look into it.

Put it this way, if Clyde and Livi can run 1, then surely we can afford it.

I doubt a limited goal/major incident only package would take fans away from the games as the club seems to somehow fear. Keep it similar to the Beebs website SPL round-up. 3-5 minutes max.

It is indeed quite frustrating that there are local, willing fans offering to get it up and running. Set up websites etc and yet the club ignore it. And thus by doing this basically stoppong it ever happening as it wouldnt be as Caley D said economically viable to run independently.

Under a clubs right to put highlights online (without paying a fee), they are only allowed to do so on their own official website. If anyone else wishes to do it then they have to become a "media partner" and pay a license fee.

Those who already provide the service do so through the clubs official site, or a separate club owned/controlled media site, and it is done under the clubs rights. The club do not have the authority to transfer those rights to a third party.

I believe a joint-venture site would be acceptable under the rules so long as you give the club 50 or 51% of the say.

Anyone see the guy with the camcorder today?

All ICT games are recorded for training I believe.

Under a clubs right to put highlights online (without paying a fee), they are only allowed to do so on their own official website. If anyone else wishes to do it then they have to become a "media partner" and pay a license fee.

I believe a joint-venture site would be acceptable under the rules so long as you give the club 50 or 51% of the say.

Anyone see the guy with the camcorder today?

All ICT games are recorded for training I believe.

So, they have the technology, it's being used already and they have someone to do the filming. Then they miss out the revenue raising bit, the good PR bit and the service to the fans bit despite any amount of goodwill being expressed in helping the "community based" club to take the idea forward? Who would have believed it.

So, they have the technology, it's being used already and they have someone to do the filming. Then they miss out the revenue raising bit, the good PR bit and the service to the fans bit despite any amount of goodwill being expressed in helping the "community based" club to take the idea forward? Who would have believed it.

you are kind of correct but its not quite that simple ... Bear in mind that the club cant just video it and stick it up on youtube, there are permissions and rights issues involved with putting it anywhere.

As CD stated earlier, we will see what comes in the near future in discussions with Darren. we stand ready to work with them to create a separate site for audio/video but we simply cant do it without club buy-in as they hold all the rights and permissions and paying for those as a 3rd party would be a no-no.

you are kind of correct but its not quite that simple ... Bear in mind that the club cant just video it and stick it up on youtube, there are permissions and rights issues involved with putting it anywhere.

As CD stated earlier, we will see what comes in the near future in discussions with Darren. we stand ready to work with them to create a separate site for audio/video but we simply cant do it without club buy-in as they hold all the rights and permissions and paying for those as a 3rd party would be a no-no.

Scotty, I realise the complexity of this, but could no one at ICT see the benefits of a bit of effort?

like many in today's society, there are those who would like the benefit without the bother of effort. we will endeavour to persuade them to make an effort and if they do so, we will match it ;)

Perhaps with there being a change in general manager (Mike Smith leaving) then now is a good time to raise this issue. A fresh face might like the idea of utilising technology. In my opinion ICT has always been a little slow in embracing the Web and other such devices.

If I remember right the official club website, ictfc.co.uk, only came into being after promotion to the SPL IN 2004? There was no official ICT presence on the internet before that although this site was mentioned in the matchday programme.

The developers of ictfc.co.uk, Perform Group, can even provide this service as part of the official site, no mention of what the added cost would be but when you look at some of their other clients, 13 Premiership clubs, pretty much all of the lower English clubs and half dozen Scottish clubs including Rangers, Hearts, Killie and Dunfermline, surely it isn't a difficult option to include?

Also, was registration not required initially with ictfc.co.uk with the hint that further services would be forthcoming?

If I remember right the official club website, ictfc.co.uk, only came into being after promotion to the SPL IN 2004? There was no official ICT presence on the internet before that although this site was mentioned in the matchday programme.

This site was formed in 94 and although "independent" was classed by the club as the "officially endorsed" site and then as the "almost official" site from around 1996 to 2000. It then became the fully fledged official site for the club in 2000 until our elevation to the SPL in 2004 when it reverted back to independent status.

The club advertised the official site on billboards, in the centre pages of the program and on some of the merchandise. In fact, a full 6 years after we were no longer the official site, I still got my last club shop order in a caleythistleonline.com poly bag ;) .

There is no animosity from me over the fact we are not official any more. It was becoming harder and harder to have an independent forum and an official site together on the same platform. As the internet flourished, the official bodies were making it plain that clubs could be held accountable for ALL content on their sites including fan postings, and clubs were either censoring or closing down interactive elements like this. We resisted this change and although we did suggest we could provide two separate sites, this was not the chosen option.

At that time, the club chose to go with a 3rd party provider who would provide them with the same template used by many SPL and English clubs. It gave them less freedom to display how and what thy wanted but did give them something we could not provide which was a bigger exposure to online advertising revenue.

The developers of ictfc.co.uk, Perform Group, can even provide this service as part of the official site, no mention of what the added cost would be but when you look at some of their other clients, 13 Premiership clubs, pretty much all of the lower English clubs and half dozen Scottish clubs including Rangers, Hearts, Killie and Dunfermline, surely it isn't a difficult option to include? Also, was registration not required initially with ictfc.co.uk with the hint that further services would be forthcoming?

Yup. "perform group" or "Premium TV" can definitely provide this service but it comes at a significant cost to the club I believe. This was one of the first questions asked by me and others when they went with PTV (as we saw things like RedTV on the aberdeen site etc) and that was the response we received.

Basically, the PTV platform is (or was at the time of the ICT deal) a generic bolt-on platform where clubs could pick as much or as litle as they liked from the menu and get their bill at the end of it !!!!

You have your basic internet site, provided for free by the company. With that you get the generic stuff you see there now and to pay for it PTV take a percentage of all advertising revenue. The club are contracted to put a certain numbr of stories on the site per week or face the prospect of removal from the network.

If you want, you can then add on things like video, the online shop and all manner of other things. Again, this comes at a cost either up front as a charge for bandwidth usage for things like audio/video or on an ongoing basis as a commission of all sales (shop). This may explain why the ICT-PTV club shop is now located on another network and why TV packages never materialised. Again, the club would be contracted to supply a certain number of articles or videos per week to make this viable or face removal from the network.

If the club were to have handled all of this in-house, they would reap the benefits, but sadly, that option was rejected out of hand by Mr Smith .... and the rest, as they say, is history.

I wont slag off the official site, or Fiona as she has to work within the limitations of the system chosen by others and put in front of her (as we did with Rivals and SportNetwork) and she does a great job, but the current site leaves a lot to be desired and hopefully I think Darren and others may realise that its not all about how many adverts you can fit on the site for your providers .... its more to do with how you can use the site as a tool to advertise, promote and support your own initiatives

Being selfish I only want to see video (if humanly possible) and hear a match day commentary so I am willing to pay.Would this help?

How many other overseas persons, or indeed other fans wherever they may reside, would be willing to pay also.?

Would you consider an online survey here ,Scotty ,to see how many are willing to pay for such a service?

Might be a powerful tool to persuade the club to get involved.

Forgive me if I'm being thick or missed something in another thread, but there were two cameras opposite the Main Stand filming the game on Saturday. What was that all about and who were they filming for?