FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

First visit from Wales

WelshRef

Shwmai fy nghefndrid Celtaidd ! Hello to my Celtic cousins !!

I'm hoping to bring my family up to ski in the Cairngorms for half-term and as I'm a referee and assistant in the Welsh League I'd love to see a Scottish League match. I've seen that you have a match v QofS on Sat Feb 20 k.o 3pm - do you think this is a good match to see ? [i know it's a little further North - but as we're so close I'd love to come to Inverness]

If we do come - and if the weather's ok by then?!? - what tickets would you recommend?

I can see the different prices - but where is the family stand? [i can't find a map of the ground - or am I missing something obvious?] :P

Diolch/Thanks :lol:

WelshRef

The Q.O.S. match should be a good choice. Ought to be a free flowing game with both sides likely to score and concede in equal measure. Neither team is quite out of the promotion race just yet but neither can relly afford to lose any further ground to Dundeeso the game ought to be tense and exciting as well free flowing.

As far as seats ae concerned, if you are a fogey like me, I'd go for the Main Stand towards the rear. If less of fogey, the North Stand has a better atmosphere although our ground tends to be pretty quiet even when he crowd is relatively healthy.

Let us know how you get on.

Unfortunately the appointments for the 20th haven't been announced on the SFA website as yet so we don't know who'll be officiating the match. Word of warning - the stadium is in a very exposed position next to the Moray Firth so wrap up well!

There are plenty of wandering sheep in the Aviemore area if you get frisky - take it ya hate the feckin English as well - At 46 ya are abit of an old git but I should be present and will be yer yooful minder.

Good song to yer fekin anthem boyo is "Caley Thistle - Caley Thisltle - we'll support you ever more".

I'm sure I'll feel at home in the middle of the cold and the sheep !

I can hear the song already - but it's not the anthem - it's the hymn "Guide me O thou great Jehova" and the Caleythistle part would fit perfectly into the "Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven - feed me now and evermore" bit - and who knows after our visit I may well become a Caleythistle fan for evermore?!

Take care, WelshRef....

For those of us unlucky enough not to be born and bred Invernesians, supporting Caley Thisle is an affliction comparable to serious drug addiction.

Serious drug addicts rarely go without their fix, especially a big fix like a cup final. :P

Serious drug addicts rarely go without their fix, especially a big fix like a cup final. :P

You're right there, Birdy...

Don't worry though, I did manage to get myself perched in front of a TV, on that Sunday afternoon and saw the whole game live. I even tried to phone Heilandee at half time regarding when he was going to pay up the ?20 bet I had on with him.

:P

I'm sure I'll feel at home in the middle of the cold and the sheep !

the Caleythistle part would fit perfectly into the "Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven - feed me now and evermore"

Or, as the Howden Enders sang at the Jaggies at Inverness Derbies during the merger..."What's it like to, what's it like to, what's it like to play in blue..."

Nice flag, Welsh Ref. What is your dragon's name?

:cdn-flag:Yours compares favourably with the Canadian Maple Leaf, n'est ce pas?

Over here we have lots of rednecks and over there in Inverness they have a few red faces the noo.

But we rabid ex Invernessians of advancing years

Can thole the wind of disappointment buzzing in our ears.

Our loyal fans through thick and thin

Know how to take it on the chin

Though the snell breeze frae the Yukon wasteland

Disnae faze us yins without a wasteband

From dreaming of one final visit to the Caley Park

One day I am sure, like you, we will go there for a lark.

And if it's cald like the noo I am also sure we willnae furget oor

Cuttyy Sark.

We have a motley crew here on this site so welcome if you are slightly different to the average Pleb.You will fit in real nice.

Some of them loves me and doth praise the Pimple high, whilst the ither yins can hardly stand the Pimple and would like plant his face wi' a PIE.

Nevertheless, on balance fair, I'd rather be at Tulloch Park than in mah lair.

Mumphin' an' moanin' tae ma foxy wife telling her all aboot ma trouble and strife

She told me wance that the game of footie was the most boring thing that she had ever seen in her life.

For days on end ah was in a state

Worried seek aboot ma mate.

Is she wise or is she mad?

A'thing, ah thought, was awfy bad

But, wan visit tae the Caley park

Got me back upon the track and aff mah cruel rack

And when ah goat mah sanity back ah changed ma name tae Tonald Tuck and duly went,"Quack, quack"

Dear, Dear , says she, all upset and full of concern

He's actin' like a wee, wee bairn

She then went oot and bot a ticket

Stuck it oan mah forehead and pushed me on the plane.

Ah woke up all tired and sore with a major thump at the entrance to the harbour dump

Oh my! I cried, my pain forgotten.There's Footballers's wife and she's nae rotten.

I like whit she is wearin' and it's made of cotten.

Wi' a wee draw string roond the neck.

Methinks ah'l go over and gie her a peck. After all, I AM in Sneck.

The lovely lass took haud o' mah airm and led me away tae the Northern Stand

And made me listen right carefully tae the Simon Fraser University Pipe Band

That was it! Ah lost ma fit ;and promptly woke up to find mahself jolly happy and.......... totally sane. :cdn-flag:

• 1 month later...

Well guys - I made it to Inverness on Saturday - but so did the frost ! I've posted the story of the day in the QOS game thread.

But just to say here that we had a great welcome from a couple of very kind ladies from the club - and got treated to a quick tour of the stadium. All my family became fans as a result of this ! And I'll do my best to get back up to see Caley Thistle sometime.

All the best for the rest of the season - I'll be keeping a close eye on your results. See you soon !

Welsh Ref

ps - Immortal Howden Ender - llongyfarchiadau !! How come your Welsh is so bendigedig ?!