FEB 8th 2000 - DVD

CaleyD

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic night last ight and some pure gold recorded during the interviews....even if Jimmy Calders interview consisted mostly of a 15 minute laughing fit :lol:

We should have held off on setting the price as the value probably went up another fiver off the back of the quality of the interviews.

Fantastic night last ight and some pure gold recorded during the interviews....even if Jimmy Calders interview consisted mostly of a 15 minute laughing fit :)

We should have held off on setting the price as the value probably went up another fiver off the back of the quality of the interviews.

Jim Calder's slot wouldn't be out of place on an out take show, could be worth money. lol

Really enjoyed all of the interviews and it was great to see the team of 2000 enjoying catching up with each other after 10 years.

Guest Mahonio

Fantastic night last night and some pure gold recorded during the interviews....even if Jimmy Calders interview consisted mostly of a 15 minute laughing fit :)

What like a turn out was it and was a lot of drink consumed :lol: ?

Damn work or i would have been down as it sounded like it was going to be a good night plus i could have got autographs from a few people especially arguably the best manager we ever had, Charlie Christie.

Really enjoyed all of the interviews and it was great to see the team of 2000 enjoying catching up with each other after 10 years.

All very well spending a night wallowing in nostalgia, but I wouldn't have missed Jimmy says aye to a Killie pie for the world...

It was utterly hillarious for about 3 minutes... :D

I will admit though, I was finding it a wee bit tedious after about 20 mins - you know - maybe just a tad repetitive... :)

After 40 mins I'd had enough, don't know what would have been worse... watching Lionel continue to give the ball away, or put up with another 10 minutes of Jimmy says aye to a Killie pie...

:lol:

heya don. when are u wanting the request forms send to ya. as me and my dad got on off ya on the sunday showing of the dvd :D . i remember 10 years today so well

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Alex,maybe I can help here, I am Vic from Dynam Events, we are putting together the DVD for the Supporters Trust. To put you in the full picture we filmed the interviews on the night at the Drumossie,filmed the interviews that were shown on the night,collated all the footage that was supplied to us from the BBC. The surprise about the commentary I will leave for L_G to tell, suffice to say we had a small hand in it. We are sifting through all of that at the moment with a view to putting together the absolute best value package of that night and the subsequent event at the Drumossie a few weeks ago, at the moment we are on schedule for the mid March release, but not before then. All I can really add is that this is a premium product with regard to the content, that all ICT fans should own, the commentary and the interviews I agree with Don are worth the purchaseon their own,I fear we may have to employ the beep machine!

All going well we will deliver on time but please it will be worth the wait and if you are hesitant about ordering don't, get online to order it now.

Vic

Edited by ed waiter

• 2 weeks later...

As things stand, we are on track.....the only thing out of our control is the sign off from the SFA who have requested sight of the DVD before we distribute it. They tell us it's because it has licensed content, but I think they are just desperate to get their hands on a free copy :cry:

All done, we just need the go ahead from the SFA before we can begin the replication process. As Don says this is the bit that is outwith our control. Won't be long now though, we'll keep you informed

Yes of course. We pre sold a lot of them, and you can still pre order so that you it just as soon as it is ready. You will also be able to buy one once they are released

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I am aware all approvals are now in place and it should be away for replication as we speak. We are just waiting for a guarenteed delivery date which we'll share once we have it.

I've had a preview and I'm delighted with it. The Barry/Charlie commentary is really good, but you can also watch without it if you prefer.

Glad you said "Replication" LG as I got told off for saying "Duplication" :rolleyes:

For the more geek minded among us the difference (as I understand it) is that a Replicated DVD is produced by first creating a Glass Master which they use to make a Nickel Stamp which is then used to "stamp" the copies into liquid polycarbonate before the DVD is printed and lacquered for protection.

This is a far more reliable way of doing it and removes some of the DVD Media compatibility issues that can still crop up when using Burned (Duplicated) DVD's churned out on pre-manufactured DVD+/-R Discs.

Glad you said "Replication" LG as I got told off for saying "Duplication" :lol:

For the more geek minded among us the difference (as I understand it) is that a Replicated DVD is produced by first creating a Glass Master which they use to make a Nickel Stamp which is then used to "stamp" the copies into liquid polycarbonate before the DVD is printed and lacquered for protection.

This is a far more reliable way of doing it and removes some of the DVD Media compatibility issues that can still crop up when using Burned (Duplicated) DVD's churned out on pre-manufactured DVD+/-R Discs.

Someone's been watching "how's it's made" on Discovery ...... :lol: :lol: