FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT to appeal Niculae decision

Scotty

Sort out a deal with Dinamo 1st and get them to bid

I don't think anyone is disputing that that is pretty much what happened. Niculae's bone of contention seems to be that he did this with the blessing and encouragement of ICT, who then argued that he instigated his own transfer.

I wish it was so simple, it seems as if the club has a very good case but it seems as though Marius thinks the club has screwed him over which i cant see being true. From everything that i have rad and heard, he instigated his own transfer and is entitled to nothing!

I wish it was so simple, it seems as if the club has a very good case but it seems as though Marius thinks the club has screwed him over which i cant see being true.

Then why hasn't the club paid all his signing on fee, which isn't even dependant upon his transfer?

From everything that i have rad and heard, he instigated his own transfer and is entitled to nothing!

And everything I've read and heard says the exact opposite. The club instigated his leaving and Marius chose which club.

If he arranges it, he is the instigator.

:huh: the arranger organises. The instigator starts. No reason why they both must be the same.

:ohmy: the arranger organises. The instigator starts. No reason why they both must be the same.

Was Marius told to find himself a new club? I am probably well wide of the mark but from everything I have heard or read ICT stated they would consider offers from other clubs but Marius went and arranged or perhaps instigated his own transfer to Bucharest off his own back. As I have said before there is a difference between the club stating they cannot afford a player and telling that player to go find a new club.

I know it's a different situation but on one occasion I worked for an offshore support company, they stated to the workforce that because of a downturn in the market they were considering redundancies as it was no longer financially viable to keep ships crewed at the levels which they were. As it turned out there were no redundancies but if anyone had left of their own accord then they would have been entitled to nothing by way of monetary compensation, despite the differences in the situations I can see enough similarities to believe that ICT are acting in the correct manner, given all the information I have been able to find.

I find it astonishing that people think that a panel of experts from FIFA have no idea about employment law.

Have that FIFA panel of experts ever been over ruled by the court of arbitration? Was Marius told to go find a new club?

Birddog as I said on a previous post not going through the in's and out's of it once again its been done to death. Its up to courts to decide now in both cases

Then why keep commenting? Do you wish just to have your say with no reply? I take it your reply means that Marius was not told to find a new club and his agent jumped the gun :ohmy:

Whatever a persons stance/view/opinion, it can't be argued that yet again we have a situation involving ICT which is about as clear as mud and raises more questions every day than it serves to answer.

Whilst I can appreciate that the club have to be guarded in what they say when court cases and the like are involved, they could still answer the questions pertaining to why our Major Shareholder was in the press saying we could not afford the player and why our Director of Football was in the press saying we were happy with the deal and acknowledging money was due.

What has changed since then to bring about our refusal to pay? Is it simply a case that we think we might have found some loophole to allow us to withhold the money and not honour the contract/agreement?...and if we have, is that moral and the kind of action we want our club associated with?

We've gone from DFS saying we can't afford him, Brewster saying he is very much a part of his plans, but we would listen to any offers, to Dinamo claiming a deal was done, to ICT denying a deal was done, to Dinamo publishing documents proving deal was done and provision of bank details by ICT for payment, to ICT saying their was some confusion involving pounds and Euros, to ICT saying everything was now sorted and payment to player was due, to ICT refusing to pay player, to FIFA ruling we need to cough up, to ICT claiming they don't know why FIFA are saying we should pay up, to ICT acknowledging they now know why and communicating intention to appeal to CAS.

It's no wonder people's heads are spinning, and that's before we start looking at why the club have not paid the second half of his signing on fee and the court hearing for that due next week.

What never ceases to amaze me however, is that we have people, who might be considered perfectly intelligent, that choose to pick and choose at the information to make it fit what they want to be the case. Of course FIFA have been overruled by the CAS in the past, but they've had far more cases upheld and clinging to the hope that because they (CAS) might have overruled a couple of cases in the past then they are going to do so with this one is taking blind faith to the extreme.

For me, ICT have long passed the point where they should be given the benefit of the doubt in any dealings they are involved in, and while they could win this one (stranger things have happened) it's of absolutely no surprise that the majority of people who have commented on the subject over the past 18+ months....yes, that's how long this has been hanging over our heads....have serious doubts about the strength of our case.

What never ceases to amaze me however, is that we have people, who might be considered perfectly intelligent, that choose to pick and choose at the information to make it fit what they want to be the case. Of course FIFA have been overruled by the CAS in the past, but they've had far more cases upheld and clinging to the hope that because they (CAS) might have overruled a couple of cases in the past then they are going to do so with this one is taking blind faith to the extreme.

Don I don't know the answer to these questions but I suspect Stevico1 does, you may or may not, did ICT tell Marius to find a new club? Did Marius take a leave of absence from his commitments to ICT to go and instigate his own transfer in Bucharest? Like I say I don't know but I hope that ICT have their facts right because I am an ICT fan and I want them to win everything they play for, on and off the pitch, unlike some who seem only too desperate to see them slip up!

Whilst I can appreciate that the club have to be guarded in what they say when court cases and the like are involved, they could still answer the questions pertaining to why our Major Shareholder was in the press saying we could not afford the player and why our Director of Football was in the press saying we were happy with the deal and acknowledging money was due.

Oh dear.....

I take it you don't want your old job back then, CD?

Oh dear.....

Thats a pity because the announcing was terrible on saturday. :P

Oh dear.....

Thats a pity because the announcing was terrible on saturday. :thumb02:

Terrible is putting it nicely aswell!

So--what date is the final hearing set for? Atevico --do you know?

It would be a relief to put this case to rest and then be free to get on with current affiars.

Marius hasn't heard the date of the clubs appeal yet.

For the other part of the saga, Marius was meant to be across in Inverness Court next Monday the 8th of March but it has now been delayed.

Edited by stevico1

So is an out of court settlement more likely than it once seemed?

Marius must be sick of this saga, and if his court appearance gets rescheduled for a date when Dinamo won't release him (midweek game perhaps), then presumably he'll have little choice?

Marius must be sick of this saga, and if his court appearance gets rescheduled for a date when Dinamo won't release him (midweek game perhaps), then presumably he'll have little choice?

No Yngwie an out of court settlement is not more likely in fact I am sure it will not happen.

Yes Marius is sick of it, I would imagine the only ones that aren't sick of it are the lawyers.

Birddog as I said on a previous post not going through the in's and out's of it once again its been done to death. Its up to courts to decide now in both cases

No Yngwie an out of court settlement is not more likely in fact I am sure it will not happen.

Yes Marius is sick of it, I would imagine the only ones that aren't sick of it are the lawyers.

And still you feel the need to keep replying?

C'mon ICT!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Ides of march will now be April Showers - My contact suggests the out of court deal is practically sealed and the SPL and FIFA in "talks" as well.

Lets face it - It will NEVER be revealed what actually happened.

I disagree. Kenny has been appointed onto the board IHE. If you read the club website you would have seen the following from the Chairman:

"We see Kenny as having a link role between the board and supporters' organisations to further understanding and mutual development."

I think that we can expect a lot more communication from now on. It is very clear that the club have come out and said they are going to liaise with the supporters trust and the fans and communicate.

Looks like the Ides of march will now be April Showers - My contact suggests the out of court deal is practically sealed and the SPL and FIFA in "talks" as well.

Lets face it - It will NEVER be revealed what actually happened.

I disagree. Kenny has been appointed onto the board IHE. If you read the club website you would have seen the following from the Chairman:

"We see Kenny as having a link role between the board and supporters' organisations to further understanding and mutual development."

I think that we can expect a lot more communication from now on. It is very clear that the club have come out and said they are going to liaise with the supporters trust and the fans and communicate.

Don't be fooled by this blurb. He will only tell what he is told to tell - FULL STOP!

• 1 month later...

So now that the dust kicked up by winning the Scottish Football League championship has settled, what happened to this story?