FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ayr game on/off thread

caley100

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we make adiquate provisions to ensure the game is on and Ayr don't make kickoff, think we should be automaticly awarded three points.

No, under FIFA rules if one team doesn't show up, the game gets rescheduled to take place in Monaco and ends up 0-0.

If we make adiquate provisions to ensure the game is on and Ayr don't make kickoff, think we should be automaticly awarded three points.

well if the referee gets both managers to agree(over the phone i guess) then it would be postponed. otherwise if teh ref gives the game the go-ahead and Ayr dont make in time then ICT would be awarded a 3-0 win and Ayr would be hammered by the SFL for not making the k/o.

That would be a great situation of picking up 3 points and a 3-0 win without playing but it won't happen. Common sense will dictate it. Happened earlier this season when the Kilmarnock team bus got stuck on the M8 due to an oil spill. The players even warmed up on the motorway but couldn't make it to tynecastle on time so the game was rescheduled.

well if the referee gets both managers to agree(over the phone i guess) then it would be postponed. otherwise if teh ref gives the game the go-ahead and Ayr dont make in time then ICT would be awarded a 3-0 win and Ayr would be hammered by the SFL for not making the k/o.

What guff, if they are stuck in snow, cant get up the road then it would be replayed. Teams have been stuck in traffic quite a few times before leading to games kicking off late or being postponed and replayed. Do some people just make things up here as they go along?

Pulling a stunt like that would be lower than a snake's belly IMHO and I would hope (and am pretty sure) we wouldnt even consider it let alone get the SFA/SFL to rule on it.

If the roads are bad and a team is late then the kickoff should be delayed to accomodate them or the match postponed, its not like they wouldnt be making the attempt to get here !

I am a great believer in Karma and in 'what goes around comes around' ... just think how often we travel to away games over a fair distance and how we would squeal and howl if anyone tried that on us !

I left Glasgow at 1415 and arrived safe and sound in Inverness at 1715. Only delay was roadworks at Carrbridge. Was one of the easiest journeys on the A9 for a long time. I am sure the Ayr bus will be fine. Dont know who advised the A82 as it was shut at 1400 and still at 1500 at Tyndrum!

<Admin Hat>

Can I just pass on a general reminder that if there is a pitch inspection or game in doubt a lot of people will be using this site to find out the latest news.

If you do have firm and reliable information about a pitch inspection or similar then please go ahead and post. If you are only going on second or third hand information that you can't be 100% sure about then please consider carefully before posting - it's frustrating for somebody to read a post saying "the pitch passed the inspection" when the inspection hasn't even taken place yet!!!

We appreciate everyone's eager to know what's going on, but knowing the wrong info is worse than nothing at all

</Admin Hat>

I left Glasgow at 1415 and arrived safe and sound in Inverness at 1715. Only delay was roadworks at Carrbridge. Was one of the easiest journeys on the A9 for a long time. I am sure the Ayr bus will be fine. Dont know who advised the A82 as it was shut at 1400 and still at 1500 at Tyndrum!

Snow what snow? I drove from Dundee up to Aberdeen, Oldmeldrum, Turriff, Banff then on to Inverness, not a bit of snow on the road. I was expecting to see Inverness covered in snow when I got back, where is it.

Ps, Alex thanks for the loan of your sat nav.

Edited by 12th Man

Snow what snow? I drove from Dundee up to Aberdeen, Oldmeldrum, Turriff, Banff then on to Inverness, not a bit of snow on the road. I was expecting to see Inverness covered in snow when I got back, where is it.

Ps, Alex thanks for the loan of your sat nav.

Where are you really? :026:

does anyone know the situation with the trains and whether it will be open tomoz

Still blocked by snow in places. Should be ok tomorrow as teams work overnight to clear the line.

Check for updates Here.