FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre Season Friendlies

ICTPaisley

I know its getting annoying with all these IF we are in the SPL threads but does anyone know if we have any official pre season friendlies yet? I think i saw someone write Strathspey were playing us and County.

Also IF we are in the SPL next season will we be getting any exciting opposition at TCS in the summer (By this i mean anyone who isn't Scottish). Even a summer tour to Denmark or Italy or somewhere new?

I wouldn't mind a few games against English opposition or even Irish. Playing teams like Sheff Utd, Hartlepool, QPR etc has almost been more exciting than Clach and Lossiemouth in the past.

I like the local friendlies. Usually take in as many as possible - work permitting. It's a good source of revenue for the Highland League clubs. They've been a good source of players for us in the past and having strong HL clubs in the local vicinity works, at times, to our advantage in this respect. I'd like to see Caley play some games down in the Lothians though - purely for personal reasons as it would be close for me.

by the summer we will have been promoted. Ideally I would like to see the likes of Cardiff City or Middlesborough but that isn't going to happen. So would make do with Everton - Phil Jagielka has played up here before why not again?

Maybe a wee tour of england could be arranged. Not too expensive and some decent lower league teams would give us a test. Plus it would be closer, unless its Exeter. Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds would be nice!

Maybe a wee tour of england could be arranged. Not too expensive and some decent lower league teams would give us a test. Plus it would be closer, unless its Exeter. Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds would be nice!

I think all 3 of them teams will beat us atleast 2-0 tbh. But i agree they would still be good. We need the Highland league games as well though to build up confidence!

Don't care as long as we win last 5 games. Usually miss out on these pre season friendlies as away.

only need to win 4 , 5 would be nice but 4 is all that is needed

yes but lets go out of first division in style. Cmon Inverness.

Don't care as long as we win last 5 games. Usually miss out on these pre season friendlies as away.

only need to win 4 , 5 would be nice but 4 is all that is needed

yes but lets go out of first division in style. Cmon Inverness.

Aye , lets just concentrate on the here & now

The pre season friendlies can be discussed in June when theres little else going on !

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon a trip down under is in order. Celtic and Fulham did it at the start of this season.

Come and play the Brisbane Roar!

I am sure Terry would be up for a trip back to Oz.

Roy's testimonial will be due soon as well sometime.

Butch could probably get us a game with plenty teams in the football league which i think will be good pre-season practice.

I would like a game with Brechin just too see if that is the same Rory McAllister playing for them that we punted out 18 months ago.