FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch invasion(s)

Murchie

Just back from one of the most fun days out in a long time! Atmosphere fantastic - tremendous support - and the quality of the play and commitment was something I'll remember for a long time. I haven't enjoyed a game so much for ages.

But - and I expect to get a deal of abuse for this - the pitch invasions, DURING the match, are totally unacceptable and these idiots have to learn to appreciate that they are spoiling the match for the other supporters. Not only that they have to realise that if the fans keep coming onto the pitch to celebrate goals - then there could be ramifications for the club.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from one of the most fun days out in a long time! Atmosphere fantastic - tremendous support - and the quality of the play and commitment was something I'll remember for a long time. I haven't enjoyed a game so much for ages.

But - and I expect to get a deal of abuse for this - the pitch invasions, DURING the match, are totally unacceptable and these idiots have to learn to appreciate that they are spoiling the match for the other supporters. Not only that they have to realise that if the fans keep coming onto the pitch to celebrate goals - then there could be ramifications for the club.

get a grip

we were on the park to celebrate with the players and then straight off it after.... the season we've had to celebrate with the players was tremendous and it's not as if the game wasn't already over by the 5th goal

get a grip

we were on the park to celebrate with the players and then straight off it after.... the season we've had to celebrate with the players was tremendous and it's not as if the game wasn't already over by the 5th goal

Well - first of, don't tell me to get a grip. My view of the pitch invasions was shared by many around me. Are you 10 years old?

lets not start arguments on what has been one of the best days of the season in terms of result atmosphere, scoreline etc

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

some people will say it was great and a natural release of all the good feelings of a roller coaster season, others will not like it because it could have ramifications ..... normally I would fall into the :018: :018: brigade because of my sensible head, but today, I reckon I would have been on the pitch had I been there :boldred: :boldred: :boldblue: :boldred: :boldblue:

lets not start arguments on what has been one of the best days of the season in terms of result atmosphere, scoreline etc

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

some people will say it was great and a natural release of all the good feelings of a roller coaster season, others will not like it because it could have ramifications ..... normally I would fall into the :018: :018: brigade because of my sensible head, but today, I reckon I would have been on the pitch had I been there :boldred: :boldred: :boldblue: :boldred: :boldblue:

DURING the game, Scotty?

This mod agree's.

If the thread starts to turn into a slagging match between those who approve and those who dont it will be closed.

It's only high spirits after a very nervous season.

DURING the game, Scotty?

Quite possibly .....

1. This is the first game since we became champions, everyone is relieved, excited, happy and in a party mood (I would be too). I would say that makes you pre-disposed to celebrate... and maybe over-celebrate.

2. Its an away game so many are 'well-oiled' (I would resemble this remark also). Sensible head quite often gets suppressed at this juncture.

3. The manner of victory has you on cloud 9 ..... I have been present when we scored 7 against Ayr before and that was without winning the league and the mood was tremendous .....

Is it right? No

Is it acceptable? Probably not, but that will depend on the ref's report and how far onto the pitch the fans encroached.

Would I have done it in the circumstances? If I am honest, yes, I probably would have got caught up in the moment and been a culprit who went partially onto the side of the pitch. If not at goals 6 or 7, definitely when the FT whistle went.

Let's not bicker and argue about who did and who didn't! I did, no regrets. :clapping03: My third pitch invasion after the last promotion season and Southampton beating Sheffield United on the final day of the 07-08 season to avoid relegation from the Championship.

It didn@t go down too well on open all mics on radio scotland.

By all means run onto the pitch at the end but not while te game is still in play.

:clapping02:

What was said? Or was Chic just being a moany cunto?

I certainly hope there won't be any repercussions from the two pitch invasions. All the ICT fans were just in great spirits today and it would be pretty harsh if the club were to suffer over this.

I think you could moan if it wasnt in the last bit of the game and if ayr still had a chance to get something from the game. We won the league, so of course it was goin to happen. Had to laugh when there was only 2 guys tryin to stop the lot of them. Tokely didnt look too impressed but hey we have been through the horror of last year which makes going up this time that much sweeter for me. Have our party time now. At the end of the day no real damage was done so let the boys have a laugh

By all means run onto the pitch at the end but not while te game is still in play.

richard gordon was going on about it and i hope it calms down.

chick replied after the 3rd invasion that it was all good natured.

the last two goals were so close to full time was bound to happen. players suppose didnt help by running to celebrate with fans but who can blame them. we are the ones who stuck by them when we were struggling at the start of the season

richard gordon was going on about it and i hope it calms down.

chick replied after the 3rd invasion that it was all good natured.

Was Richard Gordon at the match? I thought it was just Chic. BTW, thought it was decent of BBC to put Chic there. I know that we all dislike him yadda yadda yadda, but he is their premier reporter.