FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Clach 0-6 Inverness CT (FT)

caleyrule

Mackay-Steven played for Peterhead a few days ago in a draw against Keith, but not with a view to signing for them:

The lack of bodies available meant Cooper was pleased to hand former Liverpool starlet Gary Mackay-Steven a start as a trialist after receiving a phone call from the winger seeking advice around finding a way back into the game.

Source

I think I'm right in saying he's never actually played a first team game in his life, but I think the same applied to Ian Black and he turned out not too bad.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First half was good with some neat finishing and a bizarre offside call where Dani Sanchez went on a good run and finished by popping it in the botttom corner, how the linesman flaged for offside i'll never know

Was surprised and impressed by the appearance of the lad Mackay-Stevens, looked pacy, keen to beat his man, could spot a pass and scored a nice goal.

The other trialists looked steady enough but as mentioned previously was hard to rate them against highland league opposition.

Enjoyed the game. As others have mentioned, the fair-haired lad, Mackay-Steven, was impressive. Gil Blumanshtein looked promising. Dani Sanchez took his disallowed goal well. The second-half was underwhelming. Bring on the Can-Cans!

post-4190-1279233686_thumb.jpg

What was so good about Tuffey's welcome?

He got a nice ovation. On the whole, it was a good performace. The best players for me were Shane Sutherland who played well and Blumenshtein looked good. He has pace, skill, class, creativity and a good set piece. He looks a good signing. But the Renegade MOTM has to go to the number 7 MacKay-Stevens. He was excellent. Fast, tricky and good at finishing. A very very good player from what I could see. I'd sign him up.

Edited by Renegade

Guest Mahonio

Gary Mackay-Steven has always been a good player and i agree Renegade about signing up because i can get a Caley players autograph because he lives in the same town as me :( :blink:.

Also, thanks to caleyrule and Wyness101 for keeping me updated :lol: .

Edited by Mahonio

Mind playing a game for the school up in Thurso a few years back and had to mark a certain Mackay-Stevens. The boy just ran the show for them and clearly had a lot of potential so wasn't surprised to hear he was at Liverpool a couple of years after. If he's continued to progress since that windy day a few years back then should definitely be a worthy addition to the squad.

I think you are right, it is a stupid question :lol:

A bit of searching on him reveals:

- he is a big Hibee

- he is very good when not injured

- a posting today on an Aberdeen forum with a rumour that he was/is supposed to be getting trial with them.

I would be delighted if Mackay Steven ended up with us. He did really well at Liverpool and broke into the reserve side in only his second season there. From watching a few of the reserve and u-19 games on LFC TV a couple years back he looked a great prospect. Fast, direct, tricky winger who could play in the middle too if required although he probably doesn't have the physical presence for that in the SPL. Not sure about his injury history but he has got to be worth a years contract anyway from what I have seen of him in the past.

Shouldnt any semi decent player look good against Clach? I mean...the HL standard now is probably about the same as Inverness Amateur League about 10-15 yrs ago. Ad rather see these guys play well against the tougher pre season opponents coming up, before i call for any signings. But i have an incling that Mackay-Stephen could prove to be a shrewd signing.

Forgot to say, the Clach stadium announcer last night was out-of-this-world dance.gif

The word 'legend' is bandied about far too frequently these days but the fella at Clach ~ truly deserving of such an accolade dance3.gif

Forgot to say, the Clach stadium announcer last night was out-of-this-world dance.gif

The word 'legend' is bandied about far too frequently these days but the fella at Clach ~ truly deserving of such an accolade dance3.gif

RIGHT ENUFF!!!!!!!!! :lol:

i was in the same year as gary mackay steven and shane sutherland at Thurso high School and they both looked like going proffesional but gary was by far the better player and i wasnt surprised that liverpool were interested a very decent buy if terry thinks its worth pursueing which i think he should

- a posting today on an Aberdeen forum with a rumour that he was/is supposed to be getting trial with them.

Aberdeen took in 6 trialists today but Mackay-Steven was not one of them.

Aberdeen took in 6 trialists today but Mackay-Steven was not one of them.

i hope we offer him a deal before he moves on, definite potential there

He did that gramophone gag the last time I was there!

He did that gramophone gag the last time I was there!

2006 Pre-season friendly at Grant Street, 6 - 0 to ICT and best entertainment was the announcer. Think Charles Bannermann said it was Billy Nelson. Was it him this time around What was the gramophone gag?

2006 Pre-season friendly at Grant Street, 6 - 0 to ICT and best entertainment was the announcer. Think Charles Bannermann said it was Billy Nelson. Was it him this time around What was the gramophone gag?

Aye I think it was him. The gag was that he was talking about Rod Stewart concert and was going to play a Rod Stewart CD, but that wouldn't work on his gramophone! The last time it was along the lines of the same thing but his gramophone had broken IIRC.