Funny how things turn out, & memories.

Dmacca

Got home from work yesterday had tea and a beer as you do, then all out of the Blue thought it would be good to watch MAD MAX!! So off we go to HMV and luckily enough they have the first film, picked it up and as we walk past the CD's I think Ian Dury & the Block Heads, found the album New Boots and Panties.

Id had no thoughts recently of either of these two but all out of the Blue ive ended up with a film & album both produced around the same time in the late 70,s, watched & listened to both last night great nostalgia.

Any thoughts on the two from you guys out there?

A couple of things we picked up on with Mad Max were.

1. 18 certificate rating, but compared to what you see on media rated at 18 today you could almost show Max to junior school kids.

2. Funny to see Mel Gibson before he became a big star in his role in what must have been quite a low budget film.

As for Dury & the Blockheads well what can I say.

Cant remember when I first heard Dury but remember our local record shop where I purchased Reasons To Be Cheerful when I was a kid, can remember watching the Mad Max films in the very early 80's when I lived in Exmouth, we used to have friends around to watch films, one other that really sticks out from that time was The Living Dead.