FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who is your favourite current ICTFC player

TopSix

What a game today! Hayes goal and the team performance made that 6 hour journey up to Inverness worth every minute. I was talking tm4tj pre-match, discussing 'young spud' Hayes. Every time he gets the ball, with a bit of space to run, there's always that wee bit of anticipation as to what he's going to do. By a long way he's my current favourite. Who is your favourite player at the moment?

Yes agree Jonny is a force to be reckoned with. When he's in possesion you know that more times than enough that there is a good chance something positive will come out of it, yesterdays goal an example of that. Duff also shows great inteligence and a cool head, this was demonsrated in the build up to Caleys goal when he drew the Rangers defender thereby opening up the gap for Hayes. A great display from a passionate team with belief.

Edited by topflight

As exciting a player as Johnny is...he drifts out of games. He can play a blinder one half and be annonymous the next. Id say.....I would view Russel Duncan as the most important player, therfore my current fave. He does an excellent and largely unrecognised job of breaking up the opponents play. Sure...his passes can go astray, but hes not in the team for his passing prowess

as a question who is my favourite player.... gotta be munro or tokely really.

fantastic players we do have in the irish trio, duncan, ross you name it. but those two have been at the club for ever and show no signs of wanting to go elsewhere (well occasionally rosco has had different ambitions). and that what i like about them loyal servants who give their all for the team. maybe not the most skillful or best centre backs in the league but by god i am glad to have them. especially this season.

so long may they continue and long may the fun and run continue.

:ictscarf:

Hayes for me, yes he does go in and out of the game at times, but when he does get the ball im off my seat in anticipation as to what he will do. I cant remember another player who makes me do that...awsome talent.

Im beginning to ask myself What the hell were Leicester thinking when they released him?

Tokely for me. The fact that he's defied his critics from day one by constantly upping his game and proving his worth time and time again, coupled with his never say die (unless shouting it at the poor sod he's charging down at the time) attitude, is what sets him apart from most others.

If you had to choose one player who epitomised what ICT have been about since day 1, then it would be Tokely.

• Agree 1

As exciting a player as Johnny is...he drifts out of games. He can play a blinder one half and be annonymous the next. Id say.....I would view Russel Duncan as the most important player, therfore my current fave. He does an excellent and largely unrecognised job of breaking up the opponents play. Sure...his passes can go astray, but hes not in the team for his passing prowess

Feck me I couldn't have put it better myself

Very hard to choose between Russel and Rossco though

It's gotta be Rossco for the reasons CaleyD states above but it makes such an amazing difference having a solid, dependable and slightly mental 'keeper and also Esson has been consistently good for such a long time now that I'll have to pick both Rossco and Ryan.

Although can I also add Hayes, Roooooooooney, Foran, Duncan, Grant, Duff, Young Nick, Eric....

:ictscarf:

Ryan Esson Ryan Esson Ryan Esson Ryan Esson Ryan Esson Ryan Esson Ryan Esson Ryan Esson

etc etc etc

for one reason that he seems to genuinely love the place and always looks so chuffed, and dont think i will ever forget seeing him on the pitch in may with a huge cheeser and bouncing along with the fans looking like he loved every second of it

I agree with CaleyD's comments on Tokely, but the same could also be said of Grant Munro. Not sure if it's a good idea to single anyone out - there are several players in the squad whose contribution cannot be praised highly enough....

Players like Esson, Duff, Shinnie, Cox, Duncan, Hayes, Rooney, Foran, Ross.

Take any one of these guys out and the team definitely looses something. I believe that had Nick Ross played on Saturday, we would have beaten Rangers.

Who is your favourite player at the moment?

Every single one of them that takes to the park and wears the badge with pride !!!!!

We have some good (even excellent) individuals but none of them would be performing to this level if it wasnt for the team effort of everyone.

• Agree 1

Foran for me.

You can play him anywhere on the park and he will do a job, he is fiercely loyal and tells it like it is on the pitch. He can be a bit rash at times but i don't think he would be the same player he is without it.

He's also helped bring the best out in other players in the team.

Who is your favourite player at the moment?

Every single one of them that takes to the park and wears the badge with pride !!!!!

We have some good (even excellent) individuals but none of them would be performing to this level if it wasnt for the team effort of everyone.

I agree 100% with you. I was just wondering what people are thinking as to who is their current favourite. Tricky question eh!

I agree with CaleyD's comments on Tokely, but the same could also be said of Grant Munro. Not sure if it's a good idea to single anyone out - there are several players in the squad whose contribution cannot be praised highly enough....

Players like Esson, Duff, Shinnie, Cox, Duncan, Hayes, Rooney, Foran, Ross.

Take any one of these guys out and the team definitely looses something. I believe that had Nick Ross played on Saturday, we would have beaten Rangers.

The reason I opted for Tokely ahead of Munro is the "constantly defies his critics" part. Since we started progressing through the leagues the calls of "Tokely will be out of his depth" have been ever present on the lips of many. Tokely has carried the "Punching above his weight" tag in much the same way as ICT has...and that's why he is my particular favourite.

Had the question been about contribution to the team, or the clubs success then the answer may have been different, but it was about favourites, and just because we all have a player we like a bit more for a particular reason, doesn't mean we have any less respect for the rest.