FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT's Performance This Season

Laurence

• 4 months later...

The problem is if we don't pull our socks up it doesn't matter if it is a two team SPL. Which it virtually is, or a 20 team SPL.

We will always be struggling.

The games I have seen this season, I think we are pathetic. My daughter came with me on Boxing day. Her reaction was " a waste of twenty quid" .

As she is a student the waste of ?20 hurt.

We can' retain the ball, we can't pass to feet. We can't take corners, We can't take throw ins for love nor money. Our free kick taking is as bad as it gets.

Our midfield is none existent, so we have to boot the ball over their heads. In short in footballing terms it is primitive crap.

What are the coaches doing all week in training, I see better throw in takers in the park on Sunday mornings.

I was sent an email by this forum, to say , why have you not visited us, now you know why.

The supporters, are the worst I have ever seen. They are the quietest I have ever seen, unless they are berating the referee or telling the opposition manager to get back in his box, they seem incapable of understanding what is going on. Every time the ref blows in favour of the opps. They shout cheat or similar at the ref.

The team in defence stand off all the time ( closing down, seems anathema to them ) The ops attack can take pop shots all game long, with no challenge.

No wonder the team like it better away from home.

Of course I am new to the area, I gave ITC a chance, I now wonder why?

So Mr Doncaster do what you want, but from where I am standing you are peeing up brew as they say in my native Lancashire.

[Hi I wrote this lot above way back

I didn't expect anyone to take any notice, but there is such a thing as second season syndrome.

I expect either ICT or Dunfermline to be retegated this year. Because Dunfermline have just been promoted and will fight for every point I think ICT will miss out

I havent got a season ticket this year. Not prepared to be bored out of my mind for a second year running

Either learn to take throw ins or sign Rory Dilap when he becomes a free agent

Doubt if I shall visit this forum again

Laurence

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 13

"I havent got a season ticket this year. Not prepared to be bored out of my mind for a second year running"

Did anyone else feel bored when ICT were on their unbeaten away run? Or when they thrashed Dundee Utd 4-0? or when we sent the title to Ibrox? or when Johnny Hayes scored the goal of the season against Rangers (IMO)?

No? though not!

Farewell Laurence! Sorry the team couldn't live up to your expectations

Edited by BornCaley

Dear Laurence,

I'm very disappointed to hear that you won't be attending games or visiting this site again. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that the Caley Stadium will feel somewhat empty without you there and this forum won't be half as interesting without your fantastic and intelligent input. Hopefully one day we'll all be able to move on from this terrible news and eventually find a reason to live again. I don't know about you, but in my and many others opinion, supporting a football team is about getting behind them rain or shine, winning or losing, no matter how big or how small. Some may say that Celtic have the best fans in the world - but they are wrong. The best fans in the world are the ones who support their local team, and get behind them no matter what their size or circumstance. ICT have had a great journey to get to where they are now, and that journey will continue on - this season and beyond. It's just a shame that you won't be able to join us.

I'm going to have to stop now, as I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

Goodnight and God Bless

Renegade

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 11

Dear Laurence,

I'm very disappointed to hear that you won't be attending games or visiting this site again. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that the Caley Stadium will feel somewhat empty without you there and this forum won't be half as interesting without your fantastic and intelligent input. Hopefully one day we'll all be able to move on from this terrible news and eventually find a reason to live again. I don't know about you, but in my and many others opinion, supporting a football team is about getting behind them rain or shine, winning or losing, no matter how big or how small. Some may say that Celtic have the best fans in the world - but they are wrong. The best fans in the world are the ones who support their local team, and get behind them no matter what their size or circumstance. ICT have had a great journey to get to where they are now, and that journey will continue on - this season and beyond. It's just a shame that you won't be able to join us.

Goodnight and God Bless

Renegade

Well said Rene couldnt have put it any better!

Dear Laurence,

Goodnight and God Bless

Renegade

Well said Rene couldnt have put it any better!

I could.

Laurence for someone who has stated that they are new to the area, has bought a ST for only 1 season and isnt renewing it, you seem to have created a bit of a stir.

I have a slightly different opinion than the majority regarding the red and green dot system, I will give a red dot to your opening post which slags off the team and fans, then give you a green dot for the post that says your not coming back.

Edited by 12th Man

Laurence for someone who has stated that they are new to the area, has bought a ST for only 1 season and isnt renewing it, you seem to have created a bit of a stir.

I have slightly a slightly different opinion than the majority regarding the red and green dot system, I will give a red dot to your opening post which slags off the team and fans, then give you a green dot for the post that says your not coming back.

why not just not give him any dots??? :ponder:

I have slightly a slightly different opinion than the majority regarding the red and green dot system, I will give a red dot to your opening post which slags off the team and fans, then give you a green dot for the post that says your not coming back.

why not just not give him any dots??? :ponder:

Why didnt I think of that.

The problem is if we don't pull our socks up it doesn't matter if it is a two team SPL. Which it virtually is, or a 20 team SPL.

The games I have seen this season, I think we are pathetic. My daughter came with me on Boxing day. Her reaction was " a waste of twenty quid" .

As she is a student the waste of £20 hurt.

We can' retain the ball, we can't pass to feet. We can't take corners, We can't take throw ins for love nor money. Our free kick taking is as bad as it gets.

Our midfield is none existent, so we have to boot the ball over their heads. In short in footballing terms it is primitive crap.

What are the coaches doing all week in training, I see better throw in takers in the park on Sunday mornings.

I was sent an email by this forum, to say , why have you not visited us, now you know why.

The supporters, are the worst I have ever seen. They are the quietest I have ever seen, unless they are berating the referee or telling the opposition manager to get back in his box, they seem incapable of understanding what is going on. Every time the ref blows in favour of the opps. They shout cheat or similar at the ref.

The team in defence stand off all the time ( closing down, seems anathema to them ) The ops attack can take pop shots all game long, with no challenge.

So Mr Doncaster do what you want, but from where I am standing you are peeing up brew as they say in my native Lancashire.

I didn't expect anyone to take any notice, but there is such a thing as second season syndrome.

I expect either ICT or Dunfermline to be retegated this year. Because Dunfermline have just been promoted and will fight for every point I think ICT will miss out

I havent got a season ticket this year. Not prepared to be bored out of my mind for a second year running

Laurence

******.gif

Damn, that ****** gif aint working!

Edited by fraz

As she is a student the waste of ?20 hurt.

Laurence

Rory Dilap???

Does anyone know who he is? I don't, oh wait I guess you still can't spell or your vast footballing knowledge has outshown you again.

I think you'll find it's Rory Delap!!! Oh and do us all a favour stay away so we can enjoy the forum without glory hunters like you annoying us.

If you do grace us again can you please just clear up who you actually support or who you used to support when you were down south, just so we can be clear about what you are used to watching.

• 3 weeks later...

Like a computer the human brain can only process the varibles that are out into it

I have taken a lot of flack from many of you which is only to be expected ,

I have watch league football in England since 1949 . In fact I never missed a match for years

If there has been anyone more dedicated to supporting teams through thick and thin I would be pleased to see him/her

My last team of any note that I followed was Wimbledon. Not a great team but a team under Joe Kinnear that never gave up, they just didn't raise their game for the big matches and idle around for the small fry. I was always happy even when they lost because you could see they gave their all. They were well drilled and they could certainly do set pieces. I though when I came to ICT I was going to be entertained by exciting football. I gave it my best shot, but after the mess of boxing day against ST. Mirren, I thought enough is enough. I am not ancient but I do feel the strain of travelling any distance. I recently had radical cancer surgery, so I am a little weak. I don't want any one feeling sorry for me, I only mention it to show I have no axe to grind. Sometimes it takes a person from outside to show what is going on. I am not a glory hunter, I would not be at home watching Man U or Real Madrid, although Barcelona seems apealing because of their amazing talent. If people try against the smaller teams as much as they do against the big ones then fine. I began to realise motivation was lacking after the great win last season that was followed by a defeat by Hamilton. ICT that day were diabolical. I though it was a one off untill I saw the ST Mirren debacle. Slag me off as much as you want. I feel the more perceptive of you will realise, I am not into this for a slanging match, but to show there are major problems that need to be addressed if they are not, you will go down.

• Disagree 7

So it was 'we' at the start of the thread, now it's 'you'.

So nobody on here sees these major problems? Only you o wise one......

Read your first post again, which definitely invites a slanging match. You slag off everything including ourselves the fans.

The problem with you, since you deigned to move up amongst us, is that you think you are doing us a favour. Don't patronise us as if we have heather coming out of our ears.

And learn something about the club's history. It's obvious in some of your posts that you haven't bothered.

The fact is ICT probably has the smallest budget in the SPL and we do what we can to stay there. There was plenty of attractive attacking football in the lower divisions. We know Scottish fitba is shyte. If fitba is a big part of your life you should have researched it before moving up.

For most of us ICT is part of our life - not a lifestyle choice.

Edited by TheMantis
Just to rant some more, this guy nips my heid
  • Agree 6

So it was 'we' at the start of the thread, now it's 'you'.

So nobody on here sees these major problems? Only you o wise one......

Read your first post again, which definitely invites a slanging match. You slag off everything including ourselves the fans.

The problem with you, since you deigned to move up amongst us, is that you think you are doing us a favour. Don't patronise us as if we have heather coming out of our ears.

And learn something about the club's history. It's obvious in some of your posts that you haven't bothered.

The fact is ICT probably has the smallest budget in the SPL and we do what we can to stay there. There was plenty of attractive attacking football in the lower divisions. We know Scottish fitba is shyte. If fitba is a big part of your life you should have researched it before moving up.

For most of us ICT is part of our life - not a lifestyle choice.

Spot on, I couldn't have said it better myself

I have watch league football in England since 1949 . In fact I never missed a match for years

If there has been anyone more dedicated to supporting teams through thick and thin I would be pleased to see him/her

My last team of any note that I followed was Wimbledon.

You've never missed a match for years?! Thats a lot of matches to take in. How do you manage to see them all? You truly are the best supporter in the world.

I think you'l find that probably everyone on this forum (maybe even the legend that is Dougal) is a more dedicated football supporter than you are. You claim to have 'supported' lots of teams throughout your life. That doesn't seem dedicated to me. When i'm your age I will be proud to say there is only 1 team for me, even if we are back in the Highland League, I will never have the same attitude as you.

• Agree 1