Aberdeen -V- ICT : Matchday thread

Scotty

Not much to report on game! Dire dire stuff! I know this topic is getting old but it is a talking point - 12 people that I counted got chucked out (there may have been more). Can't be bothered going into all the details but in a nut shell.. Aberdeen fans allowed to stand whole game.. ICT fans told to sit. refusal to explain from stewards and the usual patronising, aggressive tones from them. As someone in the pub afterwards said (can't quite recall who) they should be throwing people in, not throwing people out! There'll be know-one left at this rate!

What can I say about the game, not much, it was the most dire, dross, pathetic game of football I think I have ever been to and chose not to post yesterday after it as I was so annoyed. Glad I didn't as it seems TB had the same outlook on it as I do and yesterday I was likely to absolutely slate him and the team, something I don't do lightly.

TBH though if I wanted to go and watch guys punting the ball long and scrabbling about to see who the first one can be to emerge with the ball I would go and watch a game of rugby, when is the penny going to drop that playing long ball doesn't work, period!! Just stop it!!!! We had nothing in midfield, both Ross and Cox struggled to get a grip with the game and in turn we lumped it forward all the time, the game cried out for Russell Duncan in the middle to get a grip of it and link up our full backs with the wingers or our midfield with the attack. Instead TB brought him on after we went 1-0 down and way after he brought on Odhiambo for McDonald which was an even more bizarre decision. Yes he was struggling but wouldn't you if you were the same size as Johnny Hayes and had to cope with long balls being lumped into you against their defenders. We don't do it when Hayes plays so why do it yesterday.

I have no plus points to take from yesterdays game other than i don't think I can see any worse and maybe the fact that TB has hopefully saw who is not good enough.

I fear a spanking by Celtic if we play anywhere near what we did yesterday.

I hope TB has some plans for next season as we cannot sustain anything with the team we had out yesterday.

Edited by MrCaleyjag

just got home from another cruel scottish weekend

i will stop coming i think

ranger 1-0 inverness in jan

hibs 2-0 inverness in feb

and yesterdays performance :(

i went to see celtic today and i thought dundee could have done much better, also heard ALOT of fans talking of the tricky prospect of going up the road of a wednesday, which made my weekend!

just got home from another cruel scottish weekend

i will stop coming i think

ranger 1-0 inverness in jan

hibs 2-0 inverness in feb

and yesterdays performance :(

i went to see celtic today and i thought dundee could have done much better, also heard ALOT of fans talking of the tricky prospect of going up the road of a wednesday, which made my weekend!

Dont stop man, it's the mark of a real fan ( read: nutcase) that you ignore all of the down and remember all of the good stuff. That being the case, my last match was at Ayr, at about this time last year. It's like having boils - persevere. It'll get better.

Not much to report on game! Dire dire stuff! I know this topic is getting old but it is a talking point - 12 people that I counted got chucked out (there may have been more). Can't be bothered going into all the details but in a nut shell.. Aberdeen fans allowed to stand whole game.. ICT fans told to sit. refusal to explain from stewards and the usual patronising, aggressive tones from them. As someone in the pub afterwards said (can't quite recall who) they should be throwing people in, not throwing people out! There'll be know-one left at this rate!

It was 16.

It was 16.

i think i hit the jackpot a section to myself :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

I was rajing about the way that the fans were treated by stewards :irritated: there seems to be one rule for them and a different one for us! and they say that it's no there porblem. Well tbh I think that it should be the same stewarding throughout the stadium to stop this confussion and to stop fans arguing. I also found the steawards to be rude. I will not be rushing back there...