FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher IN!

PaderbornCaley

"Mother Teresa never joined in anti-war demonstrations. She only joined in peace demonstrations" Terry Butcher, August 2011

So let's have a thread on what's great about Terry Butcher and what he's brought to this club, instead of what's bad about Butcher.

We have the lowest budget in the league, sit 1 point off safety, but we have the ex-England Captain, Terry Butcher as manager. How far has this club come that we have someone who's image is so iconic in British if not world football. He ain't perfect, he's made mistake, quite a few since the summer in fact, but I for one am glad he's our manager. Sam Allardyce was relegated twice with Bolton, and won promotion twice with the same club. Terry Butcher has increased our image in British football. He has brought us '2010 with Terry and Mo'. The amazing away run that will never IMO be beaten by an ICT manager in our history. Let's give him a chance for the rest of the season. Let's get 100% behind the team. We the support, along with the players, and back room staff are the club. We all have our disagreements but we all have the best interests in our heart. The team, the club, ourselves, need us now!

• Agree 13
  • Disagree 1

He still gets my backing for now, however I couldn't give a **** that he's the ex-england captain. Good players don't necessarily mean they will be good at coaching. In Butcher's case his overall managerial record is pretty poor, however we could'nt attract anyone better.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

He still gets my backing for now, however I couldn't give a **** that he's the ex-england captain. Good players don't necessarily mean they will be good at coaching. In Butcher's case his overall managerial record is pretty poor, however we could'nt attract anyone better.

It's unfair to be critical when he has so many positives.

He can only pi55 with the c0ck he's got

It's not unfair, just an opinion. And I don't think his managerial record is poor. Thought he was excellent with Motherwell and Coventry. Ok, with Sunderland. Not much chance with Sydney and Brentford. Didn't have time to develop his squad there. Many people here were all for sacking him before Xmas in SFL1. A manager needs time. He's done well when given that.

• Disagree 1

A good manager makes things look easy, he can see what peoples strengths are, he makes the most of those strengths and improve their weaknesses, he will know what to add to create a good blend and will continually change tactics to confuse and outwit the opposition.

If he cant do those things then I would hope he puts more hours into the job, starting with personally watching his players in a bounce game against ST Johnstone.

I do genuinely hope things come good for him though and he gets the success that warrants an extended contract. I'm sure he must spend hours with hypothetical players on boards so it would be good to get a few wins as payback for all those hours spent plotting the win.

Well I agree with Mark the creep Capital Caley as well. Good to see a bit of positivity on here fer once. You missed out his charisma, personality and the media coverage that he produces for us. Being 100% behind the team is a necessity when the match is being played but being 100% behind the team also requires one to voice their opinion in a constructively criticising manner.

"It's more important to know, and admit to, your weaknesses than your strengths”

Is fhurasda caisteal gun sèisteadh a ghlèidheach.

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Well said CapitalCaley, I totally agree.

ICT needs full positive support, especially at this difficult time !

Negativity never gives a positive result .....does it IHE ?

you seem to have many answers and some eloquent quotes but sometimes, I fear, a little overelaboration on other's comments. Perhaps a yellow card is in the offing !

It is equally important to know your strengths to enable you to overcome your weaknesses

Well said CapitalCaley, I totally agree.

ICT needs full positive support, especially at this difficult time !

Negativity never gives a positive result .....does it IHE ?

you seem to have many answers and some eloquent quotes but sometimes, I fear, a little overelaboration on other's comments. Perhaps a yellow card is in the offing !

It is equally important to know your strengths to enable you to overcome your weaknesses

Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left. Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Once you've established where you are, you go to the character and elaborate on expressions and action. The more elaborate our means of communication, the less we communicate but there can be no defence like elaborate courtesy

Often a strength can be a weakness, and vice versa, a weakness can be a strength. In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang (e.g., dark and light) are described as complementary opposites within a greater whole. Unfotunately the narcissist despises weakness in themselves and others.

Are there any other analytical posters out there - I have to admit that I am struggling to decipher Mr Butcher's latest statement:

Several of the players felt they had played well in the Dunfermline match only to realise they hadn?t, while others who felt they had a real stinker were not that bad after all.

But at least it looks like we will see changes tomorrow.

"I?m playing my cards close to my chest in terms of what I will do on Saturday, but there?s no doubt I?ve got a few decisions to make."

Lets just hope that some fecker has shuffled the feckin pack.