FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for HMRC FC

Renegade

Esson

Tokely Williams Gillet G.Shinnie

Tansey Jones Foran

Tade McKay Hayes

Subs - Tuffey, Ross, Sutherland, Meekings, Piermayr, Gnakpa, Winnall

A controversial change at full back perhaps, but I think Tokely is still the best right-back at the club albeit a slower version of what he once was. His distribution is better than Meekings' I reckon as well. Jones comes back into the centre, with Tade and McKay coming back up front to partner Hayes in a 4-3-3. While Ross scored last week, he is often crowded out in games involving the Old Firm and thus less effective. No Proctor on the bench by the way, for obvious reasons.....

This Rangers team is there for the taking I reckon. I'm confident of a win.

Don't think Ross has done anything to merit being dropped, and what good would that do his morale having just scored? Nothing worse for a first team player to be honest. Defence needs a re-shuffling once again, however I don't think dropping Meekings is the solution. By all accounts he had a good game v Celtic away, and again did well yesterday and should start again. While changes should be kept to a minimum for a game like this so as not to disrupt the squad too much, Gnakpa could be more effective as an impact substitute I reckon.

I'd go with:

Esson

Meekings Williams Gillet Shinnie

Jones Foran

Ross Tansey Hayes

McKay

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, Tokely, Piermayr, Gnakpa, Sutherland, Tade

The starting line up is strong enough to cause The Queen's XI problems. Jones coming back in after yesterday's performance to strengthen the midfield and hopefully keep Davis quiet, severely limiting their creativity. The Huns defence is very average IMO and with Ross, Tansey and Hayes helping support McKay as much as possible. 2 from Tade/Sutherland/Gnakpa to come on in the 2nd half and take advantage of tired legs.

A 3-0 win for ICT (Hayes, Foran and Tade scoring) and Ally McCoist to admit afterwards that he's suffering from Depression, with Kirk Broadfoot appealing to the nation for "Any spare change pal?" in a scene reminiscent of Baron Taylor's St on a gloomy day. Lee McCulloch apologises to the Rangers fans for lying about being a professional footballer and retires to take up a career in cage-fighting.

• Agree 1

I think Rangers defence is fine. It's the attack that's weak. Bearing that in mind:

Esson

Meekings - Williams - Gillet - G.Shinnie

Hayes - Ross - Jones - Tansey - Foran

Tade

Probably my doubt is Tade up front. That might be better with McKay but we'll try that first off. Jones gives that reliability in midfield so the rest of the team can get forward. Tempted by Tokely but I'll see what Williams is made of. Gnapka from the bench for this one.

• Agree 1

Esson

Meekings, Williams, Tokely, Gillet

Hayes, Tudur-Jones, Tansey, Ross

Mckay, Foran

Subs: Tuffey, Piermayr, G Shinnie, Gnakpa, Tade, Sutherland, Winnall

Edited by ajsict92

Hopefully Tade is back for the weekend.

Just read this in the Courier about tonights friendly in Forress:

Inverness’s top scorer Gregory Tade is unlikely to be involved after suffering an Achilles injury while he was asleep — a problem which ruled him out of the trip to Dunfermline.

:ponder:

Ha. Although Esson is a great keeper i'll have 10 players in front of him.

ESSON

MEEKINGS TOKELY PROCTOR GILLET

TANSEY FORAN

HAYES ROSS/MORRISON/JONES TADE/GNAPKA

MCKAY

Jones looked good when he came on, Morrison was excellent in Dundee United Reserve game, Winnall could also play behind McKay, he had a great finish against united and looks very tidy on the ball. Claude has lots of attributes, needs to work hard. Proctor was excellent against united and was falsley accused of mistake at goal against dunfermline by reporters and others that don't watch the game properly, he was his usual commanding self, and held together a shakey back four, still all the defenders playing on Saturday are great players on their day. Shinne rested although with a lot of the players off form its maybe harsh to drop him, great player (possibly a left mid).