Countys pitch

PaderbornCaley

I see their game with Morton was postoponed tonight, half an hour before kick off. The reason was yet again a water logged pitch. This seems to happen a heck of a lot of times in Dingwall. The drainage system is awful. From our own experiences, we know that USH makes it even worse.

If they get promoted, I can see them having some sort of record for most postponed games in the SPL (due to the added problems of USH). The cries of:

'We have to go all the way up there'

'They should play at a neutral venue'

'No midweek games all the way up there'

'Chuck them out of the league' etc etc will be deafening from the Lowland SPL teams.

I do enjoy it when our geographical location / Highland weather angers Lowland teams. They'll be twice as angry if County go up as well.

Pleasing.

Edited by CapitalCaley

That's shocking. It was wet a few weeks ago but the last couple of weeks have been pretty dry. A bit of rain today but nothing too bad. There is more serious rain forecast for tomorrow and perhaps later in the week. There is no way that if their pitch was unplayable 30 minutes before kick off it was playable earlier in the day. The only thing I can think off is that it must be everyone at Victoria Park collectively peeing themselves at the thought of County blowing it again.

This made me wonder ......... and although my tongue is fairly well stuck in my cheek as I suggest the first part, the overall concept may not be a complete dud !!!

My place of employment is a (very large) global engineering firm. We consult on, and take on projects big and small locally and all over the world and traditionally, that has been in various engineering disciplines .... However, the company has recently also seen the value of making other non-engineering services available to our clients ..... roles that would typically be support roles for the main engineering stuff ... like IT/Network sort of stuff, Training, and all that sort of thing ..... We've sent IT guys from the Arctic circle to the South Pacific and all points in between ......

Wonder if ICT could make some money in a similar vein by renting out some of our ICT expertise to consult on County's woes .... namely our award winning Groundsman, Tommy ! :tongueincheek:

Seriously ... as I think about it, I wonder if this could be a revenue stream that football clubs could capitalise on .... A typical club might have experts on fitness, business, sports injuries, physiotherapy, administration (paperwork I mean, not the Rangers kind) ... and all sorts of other skills that are visible but the value of which is perhaps not fully appreciated ..... could that expertise be supplied on a P/T basis to local businesses for a charge? Maybe pie in the sky, but just something to throw out there ....

That's shocking. It was wet a few weeks ago but the last couple of weeks have been pretty dry. A bit of rain today but nothing too bad. There is more serious rain forecast for tomorrow and perhaps later in the week. There is no way that if their pitch was unplayable 30 minutes before kick off it was playable earlier in the day. The only thing I can think off is that it must be everyone at Victoria Park collectively peeing themselves at the thought of County blowing it again.

Perhaps I can help with an eye witness account since I was trackside when the game was postponed at 7:10. On Saturday the pitch was heavy but playable and it remained playable until just after tea time. However there was a lengthy burst of very heavy rain early evening and that put paid to the game. Having driven through that on my way to Dingwall and got soaked by it when I got there, I can confirm that there was a lot of water falling. This was a case of a huge concentration of water at just the wrong time.

However Falkirk and Dundee both dropped points tonight.