FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ooooh ooooh Gary warren

CALEYJACK

He was something else today, banging goals in at one end and stopping them at the other.  Ngoo was lucky not to see a red card for lashing out at him, and I suspect he would have had it been the 30th minute instead of the 30th second of the match.  From that moment on Warren had him in his pocket, much to the disdain of the Hearts Support.

Future ICT captain, IMO.

• Agree 3

He's certainly been one of our unsung hero's thing season.
Himself and Josh Meekings. I think these two have been immense this season.

If we can keep our back line and tighten up a little, next season will be extremely difficult for teams to score against us.

Nice little Garry Warren party on here, yes he shows signs of being one of our better defensive signings from Terry and I have been impressed with him, but in my opinion he is also a part of one of the most generous defenses we have ever had in the SPL.

For as long as we are are scoring goals at the other end our defensive frailties will mainly be ignored.

Conceding goals isn't just down to the back four, lack of protection from an attacking midfield is a big factor.

Lack of protection from any defending players regardless of their main role within the team. The fact remains we are poor at the back, only the two Dundee teams are worse right now. We might be getting away with it this season but it is an issue that will have to be addressed during the summer otherwise this season will be a flash in the pan.

It's true what they say....some people are never happy!!!

Realistic more like and feet firmly on the ground. Very pleased so far with how our season has gone, but I've only picked out one of our weaknesses which is part of the whole picture, it doesn't mean I have a glass half empty view on how the team has performed this season.

:lol:  :lol: The slightest piece of realistic criticism and the happy clappers engulf like vultures :lol:  :lol:

I would say though that the back four are as good as we have had for a long time. Warren may not have that much experience at SPL level but he is clearly a "thinker", a leader and he deffo plays fer the shirt.

When Dods was  in the defence there appeared to be less goals scored against us. Is that correct?

As I recall he stood out like a sore thumb because he was noted for marshalling the defence around him. Like the rock-y fulcrum around which the team turned.

Is Warren like that? Or is he just very good at his own job?

When Dods was  in the defence there appeared to be less goals scored against us. Is that correct? Yes, far fewer, although team tactics etc are also a factor there.

As I recall he stood out like a sore thumb because he was noted for marshalling the defence around him. Yes, besides being a great ball winner he led and organised the whole defence.

Warren has been a fantastic signing, what a find.

But personally I think Dods was in a different league altogether.  Perhaps the more interesting debate would be Warren v Munro.

Ngoo was lucky not to see a red card for lashing out at him, and I suspect he would have had it been the 30th minute instead of the 30th second of the match.

Well, in the handball Champions League match at Hamburg on Saturday night the Montpellier keeper got himself red-carded after 33 seconds, and a week ago that Fenerbahce midfielder didn't last much longer in the Europa League match at Borissow. But of course none of the involved referees was Scottish (though I think the guy at Borissow was Mr Kelly from Ireland)

I'll agree that the defense has been worryingly leaky but down to the lads hard work at the back.. They're still keeping it from being far, far worse.

I just love how passionate Warren gets. Clear whenever he scores a goal, these two, the one at Dundee United, and again, Dundee.

The moment against hearts where they got the disputed corner, he was right in about it and putting his mind across. Top lad, reminds me of Foran when he argues..

What a lad, long may it continue!

I would happily put Warren in the same league as Dods. For a long time people said we had never properly replaced Dods but i would say Warren is as close as we have ever got. He settled into the defence almost instantly. He is clearly a team leader, he's been one of our most consistent players this season too. Definitely got the ability to be captain. 

I'll agree that the defense has been worryingly leaky but down to the lads hard work at the back.. They're still keeping it from being far, far worse.

I just love how passionate Warren gets. Clear whenever he scores a goal, these two, the one at Dundee United, and again, Dundee.

The moment against hearts where they got the disputed corner, he was right in about it and putting his mind across. Top lad, reminds me of Foran when he argues..

What a lad, long may it continue!

I'm not sure how much experience Josh Meekings had in the center of defence before he came here but this season should stand him in good stead and he will have learn't a lot. He's only 20 but his ability to play at both center and on the right brings me to mind on where Rosscoe was at that point in his career with us, Meekings is further along. I think also that people forget that despite having a very settled line up we have a make do defence through this season with two defenders long term injured and also Esson missing first from injury then kept out by the form of Reguero. Had the injury to King not happened we probably have had Warren and King at the back with Meekings up against Raven for the right back slot or cover for the central defence places.

I agree with Snafu's point and he is right our defence statistically at least is not great.  However like the majority of others having actually watched the team I think that Warren and Meekings are the best central defensive pairing that we have had for a long, long time.  And Davie Raven... well he's made that position his own in my opinion.  He just seems to get better everytime I see him.  I made a few other points about how good Warren and Raven are on the thread regarding Cooper coming in when Meekings was out.

Sign them both up now please!