FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ritchie on Radio Scotland

izzy

Oh well after hearing what Ritchie had to say on Radio Scotland Butcher was well aware

of his decision on Sat so no way was he being neutral .....this stinks even more the longer

It's going on . Beginning to believe it was well planned .

Just heard Foran on BBC Scotland radio doing a live phone interview. He was excellent ,So very positive in every way.

Said players were given 5 days off but they didn't want that so came they back to train hard a day early. They motivate themselves every day

but altho they would miss TB well` that's football` & they look forward to the next chapter on their journey.

Told the board not to rush but to take  time to get a new man in as he promised the players would work hard & be ready for the next game.

WELL SAID RICHIE

• Agree 4

Never heard the interview, but if thats the sentiment and attitude shown by the captain, the board need to get his contract tied up now and make him the offer to help him through his coaching badges (if he wants that). This is one guy I don't want going to Hibs and we need to make sure all the steps are in place to keep him as an on pitch influence and assist with asperations moving forwards.

• Agree 6

Richie is very loyal to Butcher which is not surprising as he has spent more than half his long career playing under him.

He was publicly quoted not so long ago as saying he was waiting to see whether Butcher signed a new contract before considering his own position.

Richie has been a wonderful player for us but I would be surprised, although delighted, if he didn't follow his mentor to Leith. Apart from anything else, his grit and leadership are precisely what Hibs are lacking.

That said, I have no doubt that he will be fully committed to the cause for whatever time he has left in Inverness.

I agree with CapitalCaley above but my head says he'll be off to Leith soon.

I'd love to see him sign a new contract and maybe even take up a coaching or managerial role if he fancies it.

I feel he's a good fit at ICT and an intelligent man so would like to stay but then I never though Statler and Waldorf would have behaved the way they have.

I am sure that the ex manager will want Foran at Hibs. His only "success" has been with his assistant and Foran in tow. And at the age of 33, it would be Forans last chance of a decent pay day.  So I am resigned to losing Foran. Just hope its not until summer.

Foran is on Sportsound tonight. send in a question here.

#BBCSportsound 6.10 - @ICTFC fans questions to me please for Richie Foran who joins us on prog. #Inverness

Spoke very, very positively on Sportsound about the club and the squad, and didn't bite when offered the opportunity to be critical of the fanbase. Also made it pretty clear that he wouldn't be tempted by a player/manager contract at this stage, although he didn't rule out a coaching role.

Less positive was his admission that he was '50/50' about where his future lies. Reading between the lines, I think he suspects there would be a contract for him at Hibs next season if he was so inclined - there was an implication that he would find it difficult to choose between linking up again with Butcher and staying in Inverness. Fair play for the honesty, but I do wonder if Butcher has already talked to him about moving south.  

• Agree 3

Spoke very, very positively on Sportsound about the club and the squad, and didn't bite when offered the opportunity to be critical of the fanbase. Also made it pretty clear that he wouldn't be tempted by a player/manager contract at this stage, although he didn't rule out a coaching role.

Less positive was his admission that he was '50/50' about where his future lies. Reading between the lines, I think he suspects there would be a contract for him at Hibs next season if he was so inclined - there was an implication that he would find it difficult to choose between linking up again with Butcher and staying in Inverness. Fair play for the honesty, but I do wonder if Butcher has already talked to him about moving south.  

Totally agree with everything Maryhill has said and sadly i think there is a very strong possibility that he may go to Hibs. If this is the case i hope he decides to stay until the end of the season and lead this side to Cup glory and to its first ever European Campaign. He was unsure on the contract issue but i think the new manager will play a big part. If we can get someone in that Ritchie trusts and works well then he may be tempted to stay. But we have to face facts Foran has worked very close to Butcher throughout his career and Hibs need a leader and some strength in that team and he gives that exact quality.

Bang on Mary H,

Reading between the lines, his 50/50 is between his loyalty to Tel and Mo, and his enjoyment of our success. What I think he means with his decision in a few weeks will be based on who the new man is, and if he is offered a player coaching roll by the unknown new manager. 

If he were to go to Hibs, and Bitcher lasted two years, I've no doubt he would join the coaching staff with Tel and Mo, but will they turn Hibs around, will they last the two years, that would be a risky decision.

He would be much better off finacally if it worked out, however ICT are definitely  the more secure choice,

It was refreshing to hear his understanding about the fan base. Unlike the former management who complained about numbers, Richie see's the effect of being a young club and the effect of the Ugly Sisters. He also acknowledges the good work being done in the schools and community by the club in trying to recruit young fans.

I am more hopeful now that he may stay past this season, but only slightly, 60/40 in our favour.

Don't forget the cup semi final being a factor and whether Foran believes we can get to the final with the team we have, he could be the captain to lift that trophy - don't think he has won much in his career so a medal would be a big achievement. That makes me think he will at least stay til the summer regardless, but as I put above I hope the board do everything they can to make his decision VERY hard.

• 2 months later...

Our captain fantastic Ambassador for ICT on BBC Radio Sportsound again this evening.

He said we won the semi-final because we were the fittest team in the SPFL with the biggest `Hearts` in the SPFL and the best Dressing Room.

He was PROUD ! Great 5 minutes or so listening.

• Agree 2