FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Post-Split Fixtures

Renegade

So, done out of a cash generating second home game against Celtic with a third visit to Parkhead instead. Only to be expected from the Central Scotland League.

Ach well, it gives us something else to moan about other than the manager.

Edited by Kingsmills

As I said in another thread that I wouldn't be surprised if we go to Parkhead again and low and behold we are going to Parkhead again on a Sunday too, least it's a 3pm KO though. I would have been at the end of my tether if it was a 12.15 KO.

Rest of the fixtures are fine and I am looking forward to Sheep up here on a Friday night.

As I predicted in the a few weeks ago!

Shame we hadn't still been in the hunt for Europe because home games against Aberdeen, St J and DUFC might have worked in our favour. As it is, we can't win at home anyway (or away!), so it would have been better to get the cash from a bigger gate against Celtic. P!sh!

I'm actually quite content with that though I suspect I am in a minority. I am offshore at the end of April / start of May so I am quite happy that one of the game I am missing is one v Celtic. I don't enjoy those games to be honest and ones at Celtic Park even less. I had pretty much resigned myself to missing two games but at least one is a game I had intended to miss anyway.

It was going to happen that we get 3 aways against someone. Just happens to be Celtic. Would be better to take consolation from us having three home games this split. Two of which are Aberdeen and Dundee U. Both teams that will take a few extra fans. We should also remember that last season we had 20 home games.

Our average attendance will certainly now be easily the lowest of any of our SPL/Premiership campaigns and could even 'threaten' to be around the same as our last season in the old 1st division, when we bounced straight back up. We'll also, very likely, have the poorest home average in the Premiership.

To be fair, all of the above would probably still be true even if we had got Celtic at home again!

Team Total Average 1 Celtic 748,926 46,807 2 Heart of Midlothian 226,931 14,183 3 Aberdeen 195,357 13,023 4 Hibernian 170,618 10,663 5 Dundee United 118,296 7,393 6 Partick Thistle 80,394 5,024 7 Motherwell 79,146 4,946 8 St Mirren 65,315 4,354 9 Kilmarnock 67,193 4,199 10 Ross County 60,266 3,766 11 St Johnstone 62,476 3,675 12 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 56,824 3,551

Average attendances....I know Celtic's is a fantasy, but the rest are probably not far off the truth. A couple of months ago we were above RC and St J - a stack of midweek games have not helped our cause, but the likely scenario is that we will now certainly have the lowest attendaces at the end of the season. Missing out on a ~5k attendance for a match against Celtic will have an impact.