FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre-Season 2015

Renegade

I wouldn't read too much into Wedderburn not doing so well tonight considering it's probably the first time he's ever played at left back. Hopefully a failed experiment which proves to Yogi how much we need to sign an actual left back.

Fort William 3-3 Inverness CT U20s

Forres Mechanics v Inverness CT (Tuesday 7th July - 7.45pm)
Lossiemouth v Inverness CT U20s (Saturday 11th July - 1pm)
Inverness CT v St. Mirren (Saturday 11th July - 3pm)

Romanian Liga 1 - FC Astra Giurgiu v Concordia Chiajna (Saturday 11th July)
Europa League Q2 - 1st leg - Inverness CT v FC Astra Giurgiu (Thursday 16th July)
Draw for Europa League Q3 (Friday 17th July)
Wick Academy v Inverness CT U20s (Saturday 18th July - 2pm)
Nairn County v Inverness CT (Saturday 18th July - 3pm)

Romanian Liga 1 - FC Astra Giurgiu v Targu Mures (Saturday 18th July)
Europa League Q2 - 2nd leg - FC Astra Giurgiu v Inverness CT (Thursday 23rd July)
Europa League Q3 - 1st leg (Thursday 30th July)
Premiership - Inverness CT v Motherwell (Saturday 1st August - 3pm)
Europa League Q3 - 2nd leg (Thursday 6th August)

• Agree 1

I see someone on Twitter is saying that Brian Rice was in the dugout, considering he isn't exactly the type of guy most people would recognise in the street (I wouldn't anyway!), I'll take that with a pinch of salt for now.

I was told last week that Russell Latapy had left the club and had been replaced by Brian Rice. I decided not to post until it is confirmed by the club but from the above ..............

I've since seen the photo of the ICT dugout from the Deveronvale game and it is indeed Brian Rice.  Yogi's comments about Rice just being here by chance are possible, but I wonder if he's being diplomatic.  Someone on Twitter was saying he was shouting instructions from the players and the photo shows him kitted out in ICT gear.  Would he be doing that if he wasn't the new man?  I'm not so sure.

Re the trialists - from today's paper, Jordan Roberts is signing, but still awaiting 'paperwork'.
JJ Hooper and Oliver Norburn will play against Forres Mechanics tomorrow, with JJ Hooper probably having to impress to have a chance of a contract!

Article:
Trialist forward J. J. Hooper will be given another week to prove he deserves a Caley Thistle contract. Hooper has featured in all three of Inverness’ pre-season friendly matches, scoring in 3-0 wins against Clachnacuddin and Brora Rangers. Fellow attacker Jordan Robers has agreed terms on a move to Caley Jags after the former Aldershot Town player scored in all three of his outings as a trialist.

Manager John Hughes has yet to make a decision about 21-year-old Hooper, who scored 20 goals in 29 appearances for Conference South outfit Havant and Waterlooville last season. Hooper and former Plymouth Argyle midfielder Oliver Norburn will play in tomorrow night’s friendly at Forres Mechanics and Hughes said:
“J. J. hasn’t been offered anything yet. We’ll keep him with us for another week. He’s doing well, but if I have to be honest I feel for him a little bit because he’s been playing up front by himself. He has been little bit behind on his fitness but he’s in attack by himself and he’s done every training session. It would be nice to get somebody up there with him just to see what he’s got when he is playing with another forward.”

Sincerely hope Yogi has some irons in the fire regards a striker, if he waits another week to see if Hooper is up to scratch this may to late to organise anybody for the Astra games if they don't keep him. 

• Agree 1

Highland News - "Hughes confirmed that Latapy is ready to take a job elsewhere and said, while Rice was only visiting to “cast an eye over things”, he may talk to him about taking on the role should Latapy indeed move on."

Edited by Tree

So we've still no confirmation of what the situation is one way or the other? Hopefully someone from the club can clarify what's going on.

The same thing happened with Alloa.  We didn't know about it until after he'd turned it down.

Going back to what I said in my previous post.  I think it's fair to assume that Brian Rice is now the de facto assistant manager.  Would someone just up on a conveniently timed 'holiday' be in all the gear and shouting instructions?  I don't think so.  It's not like he wandered in and was sat in the stand.

• Agree 1

So we've still no confirmation of what the situation is one way or the other? Hopefully someone from the club can clarify what's going on.

The same thing happened with Alloa.  We didn't know about it until after he'd turned it down.

Going back to what I said in my previous post.  I think it's fair to assume that Brian Rice is now the de facto assistant manager.  Would someone just up on a conveniently timed 'holiday' be in all the gear and shouting instructions?  I don't think so.  It's not like he wandered in and was sat in the stand.

I think its all very clear. Russell Latapy is looking for a management position and has some applications sent. Until he confirms a new position he's still with us. If he goes Rice could well be the new No2. Brian has obviously got sorted out with his foreign problems and, I would hope, has sorted the gambling issue. Being a very good friend of Yogi I presume he was invited to look the place over while he decides his next job. Personally I'd prefer any upcoming role to go to Richie

Would someone just up on a conveniently timed 'holiday' be in all the gear and shouting instructions?  I don't think so.  It's not like he wandered in and was sat in the stand.

Nobody gets a free holiday when they come up to visit Yogi...not even his kids :lol:

Take a close look at images of the dugout from the Cup Final....he had someone who'd come to visit with him that day as well.

Edited by CaleyD

Lossiemouth v Inverness CT U20s (Saturday 11th July - 1pm)
Inverness CT v St. Mirren (Saturday 11th July - 3pm)

Romanian Liga 1 - FC Astra Giurgiu v Concordia Chiajna (Saturday 11th July)
Europa League Q2 - 1st leg - Inverness CT v FC Astra Giurgiu (Thursday 16th July)
Draw for Europa League Q3 (Friday 17th July)
Wick Academy v Inverness CT U20s (Saturday 18th July - 2pm)
Nairn County v Inverness CT (Saturday 18th July - 3pm)

Romanian Liga 1 - FC Astra Giurgiu v Targu Mures (Saturday 18th July)
Europa League Q2 - 2nd leg - FC Astra Giurgiu v Inverness CT (Thursday 23rd July)
Europa League Q3 - 1st leg (Thursday 30th July)
Premiership - Inverness CT v Motherwell (Saturday 1st August - 3pm)
Europa League Q3 - 2nd leg (Thursday 6th August)

Just seen it's £15 for an adult on Saturday.......for a pre-season friendly!  Christ!

It's £10

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1573-st-mirren-friendly-info

Who knows what it is. £10 on the 6th, £15 on the 8th in the new signing news.

On the e ticketing website, they are selling it for £10. I would say that today's article was a typo. 

Just seen it's £15 for an adult on Saturday.......for a pre-season friendly!  Christ!

It's £10

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1573-st-mirren-friendly-info

Who knows what it is. £10 on the 6th, £15 on the 8th in the new signing news.

On the e ticketing website, they are selling it for £10. I would say that today's article was a typo. 

I tried to buy a ticket and it comes up at £25, 

Only kidding as pointed out its a tenner.

Just seen that our U20s squad had a game tonight against Strathspey Thistle which finished 4-4. Our scorers were Andrew Macrae, Jaime Wilson, Ali Sutherland and Stephen Rennie. 

• Agree 2