FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Eastern Promise...

maimie

From the same website 1st Feb:

'The Caley Thistle boss was adamant he would only bring in a fresh face if they would improve the quality in his squad, and following an ultimately futile search he has decided to utilise Graham Bayne, Rory McAllister and Gary McSwegan in attack for now.'

Ooops.... wonder if he having nightmares after saturday? could he not find anyone better than Rory or Sweggie?

I recall a rumour doing the rounds previously when Sutherland was suppose to have been in talks with Romanov about some kind of agreement to bring players in.

It would seem our interest in looking East still exists and I have no objection to bringin in ANY player that helps improve the squad provided the core of the team remains Scottish.

Must be a quiet day on the sports desk. Aye, this one seems out of the same stable as the Sheffield United and Romanov connexions the press were trying to tell us we would be getting but which the club doesnt really need.

Theres also a bit in the P&J about this. Between the two reports, CC isnt quoted at all about this. Did anybody ask him. The P&J also says they want more Highland players and wont lose the Scottish domination of the team. So where are they going to find the places for all these Poles in that case? Seems to me that Bennett doesnt exactly sound all that keen on the idea from what he says.

Looks to me as if some reporter has blown up a casaul remark from the Chiarman out of proportion and tryed to make a story out of it without even asking the manager.

I agree with Howden Ender if hes being serious. Best put on the rumor mill.

Its not rumour. Mr Savage has the contacts and has publicly stated he will look to them to help him. There are players in eastern europe who would easily make the grade over here and be more than happy playing for the wages we offer. So why not try to find a star and make a mint out of him.

Romanov was looking for teams prepared to assist him in his money laundering development of players coming through Kaunas by puting them in the shop window of other clubs for a loan spell before selling them on.

Sheffield U link is still there but they dont have the players to spare who would fit the roles we need to fill.