FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Falkirk

Alex MacLeod

Just watched Setanta highlights and we wis robbed. Very hard to say if Finnigan was offside but Barry should def had a corner. Johns goal was a cracker though. Didn't look much at the match but the replay shows the ball come in from the left and Rankin takes it on his left foot and squeezes it in. As Butcher and Dodds say, how do you coach that?? Johns 22 yard shot was only a whisker off target as well.

Was really pleased to see Richie Hart play so well today. I dont want him to get my shirt too dirty but I've always been a fan of the guy and really hope he can get back into his old ways and establish his place for a few more seasons. His dipping volley was a cracker and Smiechel deserves credit for the save.

All in all the team done well. There were good play, there were mistakes but we stopped Falkirk from playing their game and made more of the chances. The one thing that I noted though was the pitch. It looked really good but the ball just didnt seem to do what it should. Seemed to be a lot of bawbled balls. The bounces didnt go where they were expected and the ball seemed to stick to the ground at times.

Referee...................absolutely atrocious. Would whistle when he should have allowed advantage and let the game  go on when players were hurt. Half the time he didn't seem to know where the play was. Hope not to see him in a top flight game again.

Were you at the game Alex? Not having a go just asking?

We weren't robbed we were bloody jammy to get the draw in the game we could have easily won!!

The Ref was pretty poor but the linesman who gave the goal kick when the Falkirk player kicked the ball out stole the show!!

Hart played pretty well but he wasn't MOtM he made some truly shocking passes out of the field of play but for him it was a decent performance.

Of course that's a personal opinion and for what it;'s worth I thought Stuart McAffrey had a pretty decent game today and he was my MoTM match.

I'm still amazed why Markus didn't start the game and then when the hapless Rory was brought on instead of him I had to admit I feared the worst. Still we scrapped a draw at home which we made every attempt to lose  :006:

Yes I was at the game...........and I've also just watched the highlights on Setanta.

I also thought Caff had a good game.

I really disagree with your nagative points though kencar. We were up against a team who are our every equal and we bettered them in all quarters. had some of our finishing been better your comments would have been different.

Obviously they would have been but 100 shots off target still doesn't equate to 1 goal.

We could have easily been 2 or 3 nil up by the end of the first half but none of our chances went in!!

When we play well I think we could and should beat the likes of Falkirk. It's all well and good raising our game for the likes of Rangers and Celtic but the games against the likes of Falkirk, Motherwell and Dundee United are where we should be looking to pick up 3 points at home!!

car, thats a standard response from you as you have previously slated Hart on this site explicitly.

We did not deserve to lose, we did draw and had do do it after conceding a mugging goal, but hey, we still did it.

Hart was for me the best we had on show today.........no not just me................the radio and the sponsors MoM as well.

Are you sure you are looking at the same stuff as us.

And further, why not post this on the matchday thread and see what the rest think............is it create a new thread day....

Alex............it's all your fault............sack CC :015:

Not sure what you are on about? I thought we could have and should have won today as well. I just thought after we went behind we were lucky to get the draw.

I also said I though Hart had a good game I just didn't think he was the MoTM -I thought Mcaffrey was!! That's my opinion. If it doesn't agree with yours tough  :016:

Please guys, no bitching. Everyones opinion is valid.

Manny, if I want to start a new thread to debate my thoughts, I will. The matchday thread is good and I did post there but that thread always gets lost half hour after final whistle.

Its a during match thread

And thats my opinion

Caff had a decentish game but was also guilty of the hopeful punt into oblivion on numerous occasions. Yes Harty did slice the ball wildly into touch, amusingly just after being named MoM, but overall his drive and endeavour was rewarded rightfully........ not just by me............. and is testament to his committment to ICT.

I know you are not one of his fans, although you acknowleged his contribution today, but you did the same when he was given accolades against Gers only to lessen the praise with a demeaning last line.

I am not really having a go at you, much as it may seem, but differing opinions are what is required.

The truth will out. :016: :016:

Alex, what is a matchday thread if it is not about the match on the day.................then everything gets fragmented and post like this appear on threads pertinent to the match on the day :017:

It's not as far as I can see from the small print a thread about what goes on during the match, it's a thread about the match full stop.

With the benefit of hindsight and not seeing or hearing any of the Rangers game commentary before the hi-lights I did take Harts apparent good performance against Rangers with a pinch of salt.

Today I did see a very good display from him which I may have been over critical of but as a player he just frustrates me. He has all the attributes to be a great player and on his game he should be a first team regular but he just seems to be too erratic. He is very popular amongst the supporters but I often feel that's just because he is a local boy. He's entering his final year of his contract so I guess it's up to him to prove his worth to the team. To quote a cliche at the end of the day if he proves to be our star player from here on in I will be the first to stand up and applaud him   :021:

Just watched Setanta highlights and we wis robbed. Very hard to say if Finnigan was offside but Barry should def had a corner.

And just what would this corner have gotten us? You can't say we were robbed because we didn't get a corner.

Johns goal was a cracker though. Didn't look much at the match but the replay shows the ball come in from the left and Rankin takes it on his left foot and squeezes it in. As Butcher and Dodds say, how do you coach that?? Johns 22 yard shot was only a whisker off target as well.

It seemed to take an age to hit the back of the net. I thought it had gone wide at first. What a great little touch it was. If he had scored with that shot earlier Quique Sánchez Flores would have been on the phone to Charlie offering us Silva in a swap deal.

Was really pleased to see Richie Hart play so well today. I dont want him to get my shirt too dirty but I've always been a fan of the guy and really hope he can get back into his old ways and establish his place for a few more seasons. His dipping volley was a cracker and Smiechel deserves credit for the save.

Hart impressed me as well. I sometimes wonder if a move to central midfield might be a good idea to accommodate him and Wilson in the same team. Richie is very strong in the tackle and seems to have endless energy. He was buzzing all over the place yesterday winning the ball back. A very good showing.

All in all the team done well. There were good play, there were mistakes but we stopped Falkirk from playing their game and made more of the chances. The one thing that I noted though was the pitch. It looked really good but the ball just didnt seem to do what it should. Seemed to be a lot of bawbled balls. The bounces didnt go where they were expected and the ball seemed to stick to the ground at times.

Referee...................absolutely atrocious. Would whistle when he should have allowed advantage and let the game  go on when players were hurt. Half the time he didn't seem to know where the play was. Hope not to see him in a top flight game again.

Referee was excellent. When there was a head knock he halted play right away if the players didn't get up so I've no idea why you think he allowed play to go on. His assistant on the stand side on the other hand...

Were you at the game Alex? Not having a go just asking?

We weren't robbed we were bloody jammy to get the draw in the game we could have easily won!!

The Ref was pretty poor but the linesman who gave the goal kick when the Falkirk player kicked the ball out stole the show!!

Hart played pretty well but he wasn't MOtM he made some truly shocking passes out of the field of play but for him it was a decent performance.

Of course that's a personal opinion and for what it;'s worth I thought Stuart McAffrey had a pretty decent game today and he was my MoTM match.

I'm still amazed why Markus didn't start the game and then when the hapless Rory was brought on instead of him I had to admit I feared the worst. Still we scrapped a draw at home which we made every attempt to lose  :006:

Agree with most of that aside from the Hart and MotM but Caff also did very well. We were lucky to get the draw because we simply couldn't finish. Doesn't matter if we have 5 times more shots than Falkirk, if we can't stick it in the net then we don't deserve anything. Luckily we found a way through at the end.

Most amusing moment of the match today had to be the shout from behind the goals in the North Stand to Schmeichel....

'Kasper, yer old man's sh#te!!!'

Even Kasper had a wee chuckle at that one!!  :015: :015: :015:

Kasper was great crack. He also had a good laugh when we started singing about Danish Bacon (Yummy yum yum!) and at the end he gave us the thumbs up. Good banter with him indeed  :003:

No indication in the highlights that it wasn't actually Rankin who scored?  From where we sit in the North Stand it clearly looked like a Kenny Milne own goal under pressure from Rankin.

I also thought that Charlie waited too long to bring on his second sub and made a big mistake sending on Rory instead of Markus or Zander to occupy the Falkirk full backs.  Instead their left back was allowed to carry and deliver the ball to Finnigan (in an offside position) and bang we're 1-0 down. Rory also had his usual headless chicken run about for the last 10 minutes.