FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Skipper

TomCaleyJag

:015:

You wont realise having only made 4 posts but we've had this topic on a couple of occasions.

Think last time the majority of people voted for Munro, I'd probably go with that and Tokely as vice captain

edited, I wasn't meaning to sound like a cheeky ba5tard  :003:

If and when Golly leaves, who do you want to see aas the new captain?

Rossco, Baz and Grantie are probably the most likeliest candidates.

I'd like to see Baz as the captain. What do you think?

mmm hard call

Barry for age and guile

Rossco for passion

Grantie for youth and potential

Answer -  Circulate it!

My only worry if Wilson is named captain would be that if he doesn't play us much next season (which is very likely) then it would be a similar scenario to what we have just now with Golly.  And if we carry on giving the captaincy to the oldest player we will be appointing a new captain every season, idealy we need someone that can lead the team for a few seasons.

Definitely Munro for me. He has come on so much in the last couple of years it really does beggar belief at times. He used to just be a bit part player with the odd appearance in the defence and now the thought of ICT starting a game without him makes you shudder. An excellent, excellent player.

Guest neksor

The new captain needs to be someone with a bit brain and I am sorry(along with many others) that Tokley does not have this capability. He brawn, muscle, slow, disorientated and lucky to be in employment!

Grant Munro is the obvious one but I am sure that are are a number of players who cold fill the captain's roll but please not RT.

Neksor

Ross Tokely------11 years at ICT------Played 400 games---------29 career goals-------------won every award going 04/05 season----------got us out of the mire on a fair few occassions--------------heart and sole in ICT-----------and you have the audacity to say he's lucky to have a job--------get real man.

CC believes Granty will make a good captain and so do I but not sure if he's quite ready yet. I'd go for Baz for one year with Grant as deputy then he can step in the following year.

Ross Tokely------11 years at ICT------Played 400 games---------29 career goals-------------won every award going 04/05 season----------got us out of the mire on a fair few occassions--------------heart and sole in ICT-----------and you have the audacity to say he's lucky to have a job--------get real man.

CC believes Granty will make a good captain and so do I but not sure if he's quite ready yet. I'd go for Baz for one year with Grant as deputy then he can step in the following year.

I'll go along with that Alex.  That would be my preferred choice

Who cares? It's just an armband at the end of the day.

??????

Toklers for me. For two reasons. First of all as Alex and LG have said roscoe is the heart and soul of this team. Second of all I think hes the kid of motivational player who would try and get the boys heads up, wheres I think granty might just keep his mouth shut the whole game.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

You don't have to be the captain to motivate your teammates. All the players should be pushing each other all the time. The captains armband is just a formality for the toin coss.

You don't have to be the captain to motivate your teammates. All the players should be pushing each other all the time. The captains armband is just a formality for the toin coss.

bollox

Keane, Gerrard, Terry, Golly (when he was playing) and Dods this season have all led their teams and kept the workrate high when heads might have gone down.  Your captain is your leader on the park, there has never been a decent team EVER that has not had a dominant captain.

The consensus seems to favour Grant Munro and I wouldn't argue with that. Seems to me that centrl defece is the ideal position for a skipper to get an overview of the game.

I agree with Mee.

It seems Charlie does too.

Sophia are you saying 'Kingsmills' is really Charlie?

Is so, Kingsmills what did you say to Alex Bone at Victoria Park?

Oh yes, Grant for captaincy sounds good to me, too.

Also if you want a little fun at the expense of a few gudgies they've just uncensored '****' on the Jailender, it'll help pass a few hours til the game. :023:

• 4 weeks later...

Assume that was done on the basis that the squads have been prematurely updated for 2007/08 and as Dods has let then he could not be set as captain.

I have done some minor edits to the wiki pages over the years and it always ends up in a battle with the self proclaimed experts and powers who be who threaten to have you banished from the face of the earth should you choose to disagree with something they have added or pick them up on an error.

The most recent one that has made me laugh is the removal of Rankin as a "Famous Player" whilst Xausa was happily allowed to remain...lol.