FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thought for the morning..................

Tug

this post is ot esigned to inflame or incite any trouble but is a genuine thought, mods please edit or remove as you see fit.

okay now the discaliamer is in i was thinkig this morning as i drove back to work,

has there ever been a mexican wave at tcs??

i know this souds daft but with the stewards love of telling people to sit down would one be possible?

personally i think it would be quite good for the atmosphere if we could get some half decent ones going?

do you think we could get one to travel from the north stand into the main and maybe even back again?

if anything would it be something that could at least bring the fans into one as opposed to noisy fans and sweetie rustlers?

okay so i know they are not exactly the newest thing anymore but hey they still look cool when done right i think

or am i just havering?

It'd probably loose its effect due to the lack of a west stand. I recall once some ICT fans tried to start a mexican wave at Ayr but there was only 65 of them. Maybe Mantis could elaborate on that  :symbol_question:

Personally I'm not a fan of the 'wave.

mods please edit or remove as you see fit.

As far as I am concerned a thread suggesting Mexican waves at TCS should be instantly deleted and a ban given to the poster in question!

But I'll restrain myself and simply say I am not in favour of the idea.  :003:

Mexican waves are crap and are generally practiced by crowds who don't have much interest in what they are watching on the park.

If we want to make a point to the stewards then we should focus on the main issue: our desire to stand up and get behind the team.

Our desire to stand up makes no point to the stewards. They are there to carry out the instructions of the match commander who follows the rules of the SPL Continuous lobbying of the SPL is the only way the point will get across.

Guest Jock Watt

Our desire to stand up makes no point to the stewards. They are there to carry out the instructions of the match commander who follows the rules of the SPL Continuous lobbying of the SPL is the only way the point will get across.

And exactly how does one do that, please  :symbol_question: :symbol_question: :symbol_question:

I find the whole "standing" thing quite humorous at times.  We have this misconception that the clubs themselves are all in favour of a return to terracing and/or allowing standing....yet these very same people are the ones who voted it in to begin with.  As each member club is what makes up the voting committee of the SPL, then protesting at club level is as effective as lobbying the SPL direct as they are one in the same people.

From memory, Alan Savage said something about approaching other clubs with a view to getting some support for allowing standing when he arrived as Chairman...but as with many things, it seems to have been quickly forgotten and nothing more has ever been said on it.

not sure I shouldn't be posting this in the non-ICT section, but maybe the thoughts are relevant to the standing/not-standing issues at ICT

Having been a Man City ST holder for nearly 25 years (I'm moving back up north v. soon) the move to the new stadium in Manchester gave the club stewards an excuse to stop the fans standing during matches (from a fans point of view that meant ruining the whole game). At Maine Road we could pretty much do what we wanted short of throwing things onto the pitch. The whole North Stand stood up for the whole game, apart from the away fans when they were losing.

At Eastlands there were initially problems with the atmosphere as the 34,000 fans were dispersed into a 48,000 seater stadium, add in 14,000 'new fans' who didn't know the songs and it was all a bit flat. The noisier fans started to congregate behind the south goal and started standing up whilst singing...it took the club a mere month to start banning fans who were collared by the stewards for standing. Apparently it 'ruined the atmosphere for some fans'. Load of bollocks. We even had whole rows of fans banned because some were caught standing.

It has only been partly resolved by fans reps meeting the City Board, and the club somehow managing to overlook council regs about standing in stadiums. To date no-one has been hurt because of standing, those offended(??) can move, and the atmosphere has come back. It took serious threats of boycotts to bring the club to their senses.

The trouble is if you put a stewards luminous jacket on someone they start to act the role. The club has to tell them to think twice before wading in. Problem being that in a crowd of 4,000 it's easier to pick out fans, on the plus side it doesn't take so many boycotting  to bring them to the club to their senses.

Personally, I'll do my best to fill a space or two in the North Stand, make a bit of noise...and blame Lord Justice Taylor and scouse fans for the seats in the first place....