FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

man of the match on saturday

caley89

ye ok don scored th winning goal and didn't play to badly, however i thought russell duncan had a pretty decent game on saturday. he made afew clinical challenges and helped out well at the back when we were under the cosh for so long. i thought saturday was a decent effort from duncan because somtimes he can have quite a bad game.

also i thought proctor was decent and did well in taken over tokely, although i did miss rosscoes burstin runs up the wing lol. its just not th same with "slim jim proctor"  :002:

I am a fan of Duncans and often find myself backing him when others move to criticise...but I would say that Saturdays performance was one of his poorest this season.

You can normally rely on him to do the simple stuff well...like getting a foot on the ball or clearing a ball forward to take the pressure off the midfield and defence and I don't think he did that at all on Saturday and seemed too eager to just hoof it anywhere and everywhere.

Duncan wasn't alone in that respect though, so I wouldn't rate him any poorer than most of the other players.

My top 3 were Niculae, Cowie and Wyness as these were the 3 who were most instrumental in stringing together our counter attacks.  Niculae edged MotM for me as I saw something from him on Saturday that we have lacked as a team all season....a bot of leadership.  On a few occasions I saw him geeing up the team and offering a bit of encouragement and advice and I think this played a big part in ensuring we didn't descend into chaos in the same way we did against Motherwell.

Guest CaleyJaggy

Yeah CaleyD I saw Niculae doing that as well.  It's good to see someone trying to gee up the players and I don't think Munro has been doing that at all this season and that, I think, is what we are missing from our team.  As for Duncan, well I like the guy, I thought he had a decent game and was even running with the ball, something we should be feckin doing all the time, but as you say he wasn't outstanding.  Proctor.....well what can I say?  Though he was poor defensively and poor offensivly.  Why Munro never took the throw ins IDK cause proctors weren't any good, he kept giving them to mirren players ffs.  Hopefully this was just a case of nerves and that he'll settle in a bit better and maybe keep tokely out for a wee spell but somehow I don't see that happening.

Yeah CaleyD I saw Niculae doing that as well.  It's good to see someone trying to gee up the players and I don't think Munro has been doing that at all this season and that, I think, is what we are missing from our team.

Much as I like Munro I Don't think he was the best choice for captain.... Maybe time for a change..?

Happy with Cowie as MOM all the same.... :022:

Funny how opinions of players performance vary, Daily Record match reporter( Ewan Mcarthur)  has Russell down as M.O.M., While Nicolae has only 3 points, and he says about Marius.. ' Needs to have a long hard look at himself, a non contributor' totally feckin amazing, think Ewan needs to attend the match he reports on.

Marius was in my mind the MAIN contributor.

My top 3 were Duncan, Hastings and Cowie.

I thought Duncan had a few wayward passes but on the whole he was reasonable enough in midfield. Hastings had a few good runs down the left and defended well enough and Cowie did not to bad on the left hand side but I was relieved to see him move back to the right when Rankin came on.

I thought Proctor was poor. Caught out of position too many times and slow to get to the ball. He did have some crunching challenges including the one where Cowie was booked only for the ref to "withdraw" the booking and "reaward" it to Proctor. Idiot.

Did you not even rate Marius Andrew?  Hastings did ok, but still has this awful tendency to give attacking players way too much space, cant remember the last time i saw him block a cross.

Thought our midfield were overran on saturday,  they played 451 and we didnt seem to adjust to combat this very well.

He was fine as well. I would say that about the whole team. I didn't think we were that good but we were average to fine. No one really stood head and shoulders above anything in my view. I think okay sums up a lot of the lads. They done good and all that.

I am not sure if they did play 4 - 5 - 1. Mehmet and Kean are both "strikers" so perhaps they had 2 up front?

Didn't you notice Cowie scoring a brilliant goal...?

Did you notice Rankins amazing backheel that nearly sent Wyness through? I think I'll stick him down for MotM.

Cowie did indeed score a wonderful goal but I felt he was much quieter than previous games. Perhaps because he was being deployed on the opposite side from where he has been so efficacious this season. I felt this nullified a lot of his positive play.

Guest macgint71

What is it with people and their Marius tinted specs!!

Ok I must say I was impressed by the way he could take down a ball but I thought that he could have been much more proactive and pass the ball to the likes of Dennis when he was making diagonal runs on the counter intead of hitting the ball with 30 yard strikes. He still hasn't scored, he wasn't involved with the goal but some stillpile praise onto someone who was pretty inaffective throughout the game and who cannot hold a challenge. I took my brother in law to the game for the first time and having not seen him play before, he wasn't impressed by Marius.

And whilst I am on the rant, is it just me or has Fraser developed velcro feet. He used to command his box now he won't come to anything and continued to kick everything out of the park. OMG what are we going to do

:024:

Did anybody else notice that Marius won't shoot when he is straight on goal?  I noticed at least 3 times on Sat times when he could have had a crack at goal but he kept taking it wide of goal and trying to shoot.  Dunno what that was about.  Still reckon he'll come good scoring wise soon enough though.  His other contributions with the ball and sheer hard workrate make him a really good player already.  Thought Duncan and Cowie had good games too and Rankin did well when he came on.  Really hope Brew decides to keep Rankin on.