FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

the name should be.........

caley89

what should the name be for the ultra group??  

160 members have voted

1. 1.

• Caley Thistle Ultras (the CTU)
    • Section G ultras
    • Bridge End Ultras
    • RossoBlu Ultras (italian for red and blue ultras)
    • something else, please specify

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah the BENI banter at Pittodrie was always brilliant! I wish we still played there as the atmosphere has never been so good. Think we (The BENI) and all the guys who came along to sing got mentioned in the papers after each game for their support. Cracking atmosphere indeed.

Bring back the BENI!  :015:

EDIT: I doubt the club would give you funding given they wouldn't let us store the drums down at the stadium but maybe we will be pleasantly surprised!

I think some attitudes at the club might have moved on a bit since the days of the BENI and although I have my doubts as to them offering financial assistance I think that if any supporters group went to them and proved they were well organised and had a clear proposal/request for how the club could assist with things like storing of drums or placement of banners/flags on matchdays then they would possibly be more accommodating than they have been in the past.

The BENI of old weren't all that well organised and they were more than a little guilty of going to the club with false promises which I think lead to the opinion that they were nothing more than a group of "silly wee boys" who were wasting the clubs time.

I know that fans are mostly in it for a laugh and improving atmosphere on matchdays, but you have to realise that ICT is a business and everything is (or should be) done to a plan.  They need to know what to expect, especially when your talking about large flags/banners so as they can advise/plan accordingly.  It's all fair and well buying a 20 foot flag, but have you thought about where your going to put it?  Some way of hanging it from the roof at the back of the stand would probably be most suitable, but these things need to be sorted in advance and as with other similar groups elsewhere they would likely expect you to be at the stadium early enough to do it so as not to be causing a disruption when other fans arrive.

Before racing out and buying a flag/banner why not check with the club as to what's acceptable/safe....perhaps the Supporters Trust could assist on this front.  The last thing you want is to spend a few hundred notes on something only to find that some Healthy and Safety issue prevents you from ever being able to use it properly.

In short, get yourself organised, get some idea of number of people involved, what you want to do, when you want to do it and ask the club before you dive in and do anything instead of making assumptions and demands.  It may all sound like BS Politicis but it will save you problems further down the line.

Guest TinCanFan

bridge end elite,shortened to the  beeeeeeeeeeeeee's

So it's going to be shortened to something longer than the original name is it?  :017:

I think some attitudes at the club might have moved on a bit since the days of the BENI and although I have my doubts as to them offering financial assistance I think that if any supporters group went to them and proved they were well organised and had a clear proposal/request for how the club could assist with things like storing of drums or placement of banners/flags on matchdays then they would possibly be more accommodating than they have been in the past.

The BENI of old weren't all that well organised and they were more than a little guilty of going to the club with false promises which I think lead to the opinion that they were nothing more than a group of "silly wee boys" who were wasting the clubs time.

I know that fans are mostly in it for a laugh and improving atmosphere on matchdays, but you have to realise that ICT is a business and everything is (or should be) done to a plan.  They need to know what to expect, especially when your talking about large flags/banners so as they can advise/plan accordingly.  It's all fair and well buying a 20 foot flag, but have you thought about where your going to put it?  Some way of hanging it from the roof at the back of the stand would probably be most suitable, but these things need to be sorted in advance and as with other similar groups elsewhere they would likely expect you to be at the stadium early enough to do it so as not to be causing a disruption when other fans arrive.

Before racing out and buying a flag/banner why not check with the club as to what's acceptable/safe....perhaps the Supporters Trust could assist on this front.  The last thing you want is to spend a few hundred notes on something only to find that some Healthy and Safety issue prevents you from ever being able to use it properly.

In short, get yourself organised, get some idea of number of people involved, what you want to do, when you want to do it and ask the club before you dive in and do anything instead of making assumptions and demands.  It may all sound like BS Politicis but it will save you problems further down the line.

:clapping03: