FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wyness

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

I don't think Dennis Wyness should be offered another contract and after seeing his performance yesterday and over the last few weeks, I suspect most others agree.  Sure, he was great in the past but he's awful now.  What does everyone else think?

Denis has been given many chances of late and has not scored for some time. Few of our players have scored. There is still a good chance Denis will score 20 goals or more over two more seasons. A difficult decision for Brew. An agent's nightmare - he asks for the earth and his player does not deliver.

Denis still has a lot to prove at SPL level. Skill is Denis's greatest asset.

Some fans are so fickle its unreal!  :018:

Dennis is one of ICT's most talented players... There's no question whether he's good enough!

Dennis WAS one of ICT's most talented players, however, he is struggling at the moment and I just can't see him coming back up to his previous level.

Thank you for your service to the club, but it's time to move on!  :sillywave:

If Brew stays, no point in Denzil staying. His heart isn't in it.

Waste of time discussing it on here, he's leaving anyway. I hope he does a good job for County.

We can wave ta-ta to Blackie too judging by yesterday.

Hope we can get more points than Hamilton.

At one point in the match yesterday Dennis was passed the ball and seemed terrifed of it. Instead of doing something useful with it he passed it to somebody else as fast he could.

Sorry, but it's time for him to move on to somewhere he can make more of an impact.

:007:

Denzil has always been a confidence player even when he was banging in goals at the rate of more than one every two games.

The way that he has been "managed" has severely undermined his confidence. If that is not to change then he would be as well moving on and working for a boss who will be supportive of him.

We've always been rewarded for showing patience with Wyness in the past and I have no doubt we will be again. Even when we were in the lower leagues he had plenty of doubters, more fool them. You don't score over 10% of the goals in a clubs history without being a bit special.

He is in no way, shape, or form past it. He is as pacy and mobile as he ever was. And even if he wasn't, his strengths have always been his skill, intelligence and positioning - not pace. I think his recent goal drought is purely down to nerves and lack of confidence. Postponing the decision whether to award him a contract was supposed to bring the best out of him, but it has had the opposite effect.

As others have said, where are we going to find a player with the same qualities that Dennis offers us? They don't grow on trees, and now that we risk losing Niculae in the summer we'd be mad to let our next most creative striker go aswell. That isn't to say that Brewster won't have a few aces up his sleeve come the transfer window, I'm fairly optimistic given his previous signings. But he should at least hedge his bets and not try to change too much too soon, that's one of the areas where he fell down at Utd.

Guest TinCanFan

You don't score over 10% of the goals in a clubs history without being a bit special.

Most of those goals were scored at a level that he should be playing at now.  Division One in other words.

We've always been rewarded for showing patience with Wyness in the past and I have no doubt we will be again. Even when we were in the lower leagues he had plenty of doubters, more fool them. You don't score over 10% of the goals in a clubs history without being a bit special.

He is in no way, shape, or form past it. He is as pacy and mobile as he ever was. And even if he wasn't, his strengths have always been his skill, intelligence and positioning - not pace. I think his recent goal drought is purely down to nerves and lack of confidence. Postponing the decision whether to award him a contract was supposed to bring the best out of him, but it has had the opposite effect.

As others have said, where are we going to find a player with the same qualities that Dennis offers us? They don't grow on trees, and now that we risk losing Niculae in the summer we'd be mad to let our next most creative striker go aswell. That isn't to say that Brewster won't have a few aces up his sleeve come the transfer window, I'm fairly optimistic given his previous signings. But he should at least hedge his bets and not try to change too much too soon, that's one of the areas where he fell down at Utd.

:029: Denzil simply hasnt "done it" at the SPL level - He is a SFL "legend". His nerves and lack of confidence have been precipitated by Brewster. Do you think that Brew will bring in players of the quality of Proctor, Maguire and Imrie in the summer ?

I feel really sorry for Dennis.  It's obvious his confidence has been completely destroyed by what's happened to him this season, and that's very sad.  Dennis is a gentleman and he doesn't deserve any of this.  If he does leave, I hope ends up somewhere where he is supported and respected and can get his confidence back.  In the right environment he could still achieve a great deal.

I don't think Dennis Wyness should be offered another contract and after seeing his performance yesterday and over the last few weeks, I suspect most others agree.  Sure, he was great in the past but he's awful now.  What does everyone else think?

I for one don't agree.  What I saw against Kilmarnock was a player who looked a little rusty but still possessed the ability to hold the ball in the last third and allow us to get numbers forward in a manner which no other player at ICT has shown this season.  He also showed on a couple of occasions that he still has the ability to make himself a bit of space to get a shot at goal (prime example on the BBC Highlights).

Our 3 goals against Kilmarnock all came from the fact we were getting forward in numbers and Wyness made more than his contribution to our ability to do that.  Given the chance to shake off the cobwebs I'm confident he'll get back to scoring goals again.

Given the chance to shake off the cobwebs I'm confident he'll get back to scoring goals again.

No-one was a bigger fan than me, but I think the alarm has gone off on Dennis now. He went to Hearts based on his Div 1 record. He failed to make the step up there and whilst he has provided moments here, he has never cut it in the SPL. We kept thinking it us just around the corner - wait till his confidence returns/back from injury/good partner. He has just not found his striking boots,since the lower level. He will succeed at County and will generate a few "promotion contenders" flurries *snigger*, but we need goals, and he aint got them.

Maybe the days of Dennis being a centre forward and goalscorer are behind him, but to lose a talent that could be used in another position would be madness. I believe he could still do a job maybe a little further back creating for others.

Great touch and vision , something that is lacking in the squad.

Guest stevico64

I for one don't agree.  What I saw against Kilmarnock was a player who looked a little rusty but still possessed the ability to hold the ball in the last third and allow us to get numbers forward in a manner which no other player at ICT has shown this season.  He also showed on a couple of occasions that he still has the ability to make himself a bit of space to get a shot at goal (prime example on the BBC Highlights).

Our 3 goals against Kilmarnock all came from the fact we were getting forward in numbers and Wyness made more than his contribution to our ability to do that.  Given the chance to shake off the cobwebs I'm confident he'll get back to scoring goals again.

Agree

I think we all know that Dennis is a confidence player, he had a good run of scoring goals mid way through the season and I think that if he stays and gets a run along and  his confidence back he will be fine. We also have to think if we do lose him are we gauranteed to get a better replacement I am not so sure