FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cowie staying?

Joonya

I thought it was great seeing Don Cowie mention in the P&J that he wants a contract extension, after a report suggesting the Dons were after his services.

He has done fantastic for us this season. I just hope he keeps his word and doesn;t cave in to an expected improved offer.

Don Cowie - The future of ICT!!! :021:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICT really do need to sort out Don's contract ASAP. A 3 year deal at around ?1500 per week would surely be fair to both parties.

Stop wasting cash on not-good-enough casualties like Markus and use it to keep Cowie instead.

Cowie has been a great signing and has proved himself at the highest level of football in scotland.  Can only be a matter of time before someone else comes in with an offer too good to refuse.

ps my thanks to graham linton or whoever i was for including me in the couriers 'fan mail' bit, proudest moment of my literary career. :004: :024:

For once we see someone saying they want to extend their deal it ICT and it happens to be one of the best signings we have made in years

..... so what if it means he wants a pay rise ... perhaps he deserves it ..... time for the manager and/or DoF to get the pen and paper out and extend this deal ASAP.

For once we see someone saying they want to extend their deal it ICT and it happens to be one of the best signings we have made in years

..... so what if it means he wants a pay rise ... perhaps he deserves it ..... time for the manager and/or DoF to get the pen and paper out and extend this deal ASAP.

The cynic in me says those in charge at ICT will not heed Cowie's request...  :rolleyes02:

Rankin.....had no desire to move until he was told he was surplus to requirements

Wyness.....definitely didn't want to move, but was forced into it.

Niculae.....In no hurry to depart from ICT yet we've basically been told he'll be sold if possible.

Cowie.....Wants to extend his deal.....I'm hoping we can break the pattern!!!!

Perhaps he should go out and break his leg or something during the summer, it seems about the only way to secure a contract extension at the moment.  :tic01:

Totally agree. Seems a no brainer that we should be tying him up on a long contract ASAP.

Saying that what odds, come January, we'll be beginning negotiations 'next week'  :029:

Just to clear up were he was born not sure whether it was Inverness or aberdeen but he is from Dingwall. His dad was the backbone of Bobby Wilsons successful Highland league team which also included Barry.

That will be clear then.!!!!

Rankin.....had no desire to move until he was told he was surplus to requirements

Wyness.....definitely didn't want to move, but was forced into it.

Niculae.....In no hurry to depart from ICT yet we've basically been told he'll be sold if possible.

Cowie.....Wants to extend his deal.....I'm hoping we can break the pattern!!!!

Rankin was sown the Hibs idea when Parkie moved, Park told him he could get him a move and big money.

Wyness could have stayed, the ball was in his court to play better and score goals-neither of which he did.

Niculae was here to regain form and was always going to leave for better things if he improved.

Like you, i really hope we do something about Cowies desire to stay.

Rankin was sown the Hibs idea when Parkie moved, Park told him he could get him a move and big money.

Wyness could have stayed, the ball was in his court to play better and score goals-neither of which he did.

Niculae was here to regain form and was always going to leave for better things if he improved.

on the other side of the coin though C100 ... from what I hear, or have heard

Rankin was told he was surplus to requirements long before Park moved

Wyness did have an offer on the table that was removed

Niculae is happy to stay if the club want him

We could argue all of this around in circles and come up with half a dozen different arguments each depending on which story or stories we each heard but I think each and every one of us would probably agree that Cowie is worth signing up on a longer term deal now if that is what he wants ... and it seems like it is.

His first season in the SPL has resulted in him taking most if not all of the POY awards at the club, he has had positive comments from most of us, and he is attributed as making remarks that he wants to get a longer deal at ICT. We should be working vigorously to make sure that deal is in place before the start of season 08/09 .... it would be a very positive way to start the season and I think we all need that after the crap and bullshit of the season just past.