FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What would you do if you were in complete control of ICT?

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

What would you do if you were in complete control of ICT?  Here's what I'd do:

1. Ticket prices would be as follows:

Main Stand - Adult - ?10|Child/OAP - ?6

North Stand - Adult - ?7|Child/OAP - ?5

West Stand - All - ?5

2. Home shirts would be predominantly red and blue stipes, with black and white trim.  These shirt designs would be the same every season, so the fans do not get ripped off. 

3.  Aggressive, power hungry stewarts would be sacked.

4. There will be no sponsor on the kits, and like Athletic Bilbao ICT will focus heavily on youth players from the Inverness area.

5. ICT will become the "greenest" team in Britain.  A winf turbine will be put up near the ground which will power the flood lights.  The amount of recyclable garbage fans bring (cans, boxes etc.) will result in stuff like money off in the club shop.

6. Season tickets will be ?100, and holders from the previous season will get money off the season ticket for the next season.

7. Every pre-season, ICT should have open trials where people between the ages of 15-21 have the opportunity to be signed for ICT.

8. Directors and others in high profile jobs will be given 5 year terms in charge and would be elected by the Supporters Trust and Season Ticket holders.

9. ICT shirts would be made by the club themselves, as Killie are doing.

10. On matchdays, people will be at the bottom of the stands selling food like in American baseball games.

11. Fans would not be persecuted for standing and signing.

12. Fan noise would be encouraged.

13. Programmes will be ?2

14. ICT would try and encourage fans from the local area.  FC St. Pauli did this and went from having 3,000 fans everyweek to 12,000.

15. The car park would be tarred.

16. A better club shop would be built.

17. Numbers would also be one on the front of the shirts, like international teams have.

18. Away fans in the home end would be banned from TCS.

19. ICT would start doing things for the fans benefit and not for large corporations.

20. Long ball football will be stopped.

I think that's about it.

I like your style, and even some of your ideas, but there are a few problems with your perfect world scenario. see comments in red !

What would you do if you were in complete control of ICT?  Here's what I'd do:

1. Ticket prices would be as follows:

Main Stand - Adult - ?10|Child/OAP - ?6

North Stand - Adult - ?7|Child/OAP - ?5

West Stand - All - ?5

As I understand it, the club have to set "normal" prices within a certain range (but can offer "specials"). This was certainly true in the SFL where each division had a minimum gate price that had to be charged. I like your idea, but apart from the questionable financial viability of it, I am not sure how much of this ICT can control !

2. Home shirts would be predominantly red and blue stipes, with black and white trim.  These shirt designs would be the same every season, so the fans do not get ripped off. 

Agree with red/blue stripes. dont agree with staying the same every year, think they should be varied slightly every couple of years but still as stripes. Although I dont particularly like the new strip, I think the club are actually quite good when it comes to strips. Each one is kept for a minimum of two years and we dont have 3, 4 or 5 different kits like some other teams. 

3.  Aggressive, power hungry stewarts would be sacked.

Stewarding is a real issue and those who overstep the mark should have sanctions taken against them ... but some fans are not exactly innocent parties either !!! If stewards could be trained to be quietly effective, letting normal fans get on with enjoying the game and cracking down on anyone actually causing a problem then that would do for me.

4. There will be no sponsor on the kits, and like Athletic Bilbao ICT will focus heavily on youth players from the Inverness area.

Sorry, cant see that ever happening. financial suicide ! If enough local talent, then no problem with next part of your idea.

5. ICT will become the "greenest" team in Britain.  A winf turbine will be put up near the ground which will power the flood lights.  The amount of recyclable garbage fans bring (cans, boxes etc.) will result in stuff like money off in the club shop.

Think this was discussed in another thread. would love the club to go greener but it would take a **** of a lot more than one simple wind turbine to power the floodlights ! However, nothing wrong with trying little things to make the club more environmentally aware.

6. Season tickets will be ?100, and holders from the previous season will get money off the season ticket for the next season.

great idea but financial suicide. Hope you have loads of money when you are in complete control !

7. Every pre-season, ICT should have open trials where people between the ages of 15-21 have the opportunity to be signed for ICT.

I kinda like this idea. its cheap and tacky but I like it LOL.

8. Directors and others in high profile jobs will be given 5 year terms in charge and would be elected by the Supporters Trust and Season Ticket holders.

You would no longer be in complete control and when someone else was elected they might reverse all your good work LOL. I have always been against people having a fixed maximum number of terms .... its fine if you get someone who cant actually do the job as you know you can get rid of them but what happens if you get someone really really good .... you cant keep them after their term is up.

9. ICT shirts would be made by the club themselves, as Killie are doing.

Nope. ICT are a football club not a shirt manufacturer. I would however try to have someone like Adidas or Nike who produce quality gear that is more suited to the size and shape of (many) football fans.

10. On matchdays, people will be at the bottom of the stands selling food like in American baseball games.

To be honest, they do this at TorontoFC and it can be kind of distracting. I would however like to see additional hatches or more availability to reduce queue size.

11. Fans would not be persecuted for standing and signing.

Unless you also have complete control of the SPL as well you will get nowhere with this one. It is the club enforcing the policy of the SPL although the level/severity of stewarding could be looked at

12. Fan noise would be encouraged.

No argument there.

13. Programmes will be ?2

dont think 2.50 is that bad for what is a decent program.

14. ICT would try and encourage fans from the local area.  FC St. Pauli did this and went from having 3,000 fans everyweek to 12,000.

No argument there.

15. The car park would be tarred.

I like the idea but one of the reasons it has never been tarred is to keep costs down. the minute that area is tarred it will increase the club's tax bill to the council significantly

16. A better club shop would be built.

No argument there.

17. Numbers would also be one on the front of the shirts, like international teams have.

Dont think this is controllable by the club. think the amount and size of lettering/numbers/logos etc on the shirt is an SPL rule

18. Away fans in the home end would be banned from TCS.

No argument there.

19. ICT would start doing things for the fans benefit and not for large corporations.

Thats a toughie. there are times when I think they are doing things for the fans, there are times when they dont seem to be. However, they do also have to try and keep sponsors happy. I think we started with a very fan friendly club but as we have climbed the leagues, the "drift" has been away from fan friendly to sponsor friendly. A bit of a re-alignment might actually keep both happy

Sack Rory McAllister!!! Pick players that are good and not that i 'am friends with and look out more for decent free agents on the market.

Could may'be do with our own training facilities as well.

Give full rights to any Home fans that wish to beat up people who have snuck into the home end to support Celtic or Rangers....or Aberdeen for that matter.  :tic01:

I think the club should become more green.

Guest TinCanFan

Some stuff I forgot earlier:

21. Flags, banners, throwing toilet roll etc will be encouraged

22. An alliance will be set up with a foreign team. (Celtic did it with FC St Pauli)

23. Fans can create an unofficial logo which could be out on merchandise.

24. More red seats.

25. TV/video screen will be installed.

some interesting points raised by TCF...I agree with most of what has been raised, but as the Mod has indicated on a few points, we are at the beckoning of the SPL and to the SFA on a number of these points.

I totally agree with an affiliation with a foreign team. Normally this means ICT would get first dibs on a player, loan exhanges which benefit not only the other teams players but ICT players as well, especially our Youth team.

I would add maybe 1 point myself : Our board would be made up of more people with a Football backround. Im sure if we looked at the board they are all builders & business execs.. Yes i  know someone is going to point out that they have the money which finances the club and have the experiance of running a business ...but please we must all agree that money is what is ruining football clubs, unless your at the top of the football foodchain

I would build a disabled persons section higher up in the Bridge end with access from the rear of the stand, because where they have to sit to watch a game is criminal.

Now they have added a metal pole to the top of the wall, which means the view of the game is reduced even further, i would not be happy, very unhappy indeed.

Could not agree more with Caley100 - surely it is not too difficult/expensive to raise the area in front of the north stand a bit, to offer better vision, to the disabled, or some such work.

I realise disabled people are very much in the minority but surely disabled people matter or should that be, surely ICT fans caring for them, matters!

Some very good ideas here  :021:

A link with a foreign club would be good maybe a romanian team since we of course have niculae it would raise the profile of our club and also give us first choice on players. a loan link would also be good for our youngsters to gain experience.

I think we should opt for FSV Mainz 05, because 1) they promoted to the Bundesliga at the same time we promoted to the SPL, 2) Marius has played for both and 3) most importantly, I support them already.

And they also have a bridge and a Kastel  :001:

Guest TinCanFan

I think we should opt for FSV Mainz 05, because 1) they promoted to the Bundesliga at the same time we promoted to the SPL, 2) Marius has played for both and 3) most importantly, I support them already.

Nah, Celtic have done this with a German team.  I'd go for a North American or Australian team.

Nah, Celtic have done this with a German team.  I'd go for a North American or Australian team.

Yes, but you can fly to Hahn or Frankfurt more cheaply than Toronto or Sydney.

Well, most of us  :004:

Some great points there.  I've got to say that the stewarding issue is a huge problem.  The club should be getting it sorted out.  After all, no fans - no club. 

The police should be chucking the people out who are in the North stand supporting other teams