FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Section G Leadership

MacBandy

As I sit in Section G I am fully aware of the abuse you boys have been getting for not singing. I don't think that you should be goaded in that way.

But.....you have gone quiet this season. Now there are lots of other people that could also make some noise but they need Leadership...from you. I am one of them; I always join in but would never start it off...so shoot me for being shy!

I sit in Section G because it is the only place with any atmosphere. I know somebody that moved away this season and is already moving back. That's down to you guys and I would hate to see your numbers diminish.

It's hard when you are trying to get the atmosphere back and noboy is joining and even worse when you are getting abuse but I think that group of...ahem....more 'senior' fans and yourselves could call a truce and get together.

In the meantime take it from me that you are appreciated!

I don't think it should be and the people who don't sing should speak up and be counted! Also people that give us abuse for not singing, ie - Alex Macleod, then if we shout for them to start a song we get the finger!! Typical ICT fan, not wanting to make themselves look stupid and moody towards their own fans who make an effort!

Come on, don't by shy like you are at the games, say if you don't sing! Which will no doubt be 9 and 3/4s out of 10 people who read this! Disgrace to the club, then you come on here and moan!!

You got no "abuse" from anyone until you started with the swearing. All Alex was doing was asking/encouraging you to get the drum out so we could all have a sing song together and you only got the finger when you started with the hardman act.

Seriously, as I said elsewhere, you boys are turning in to bigger whing merchants than the "sweety rustlers" you complain about.

I don't give a flying fig if you don't sing, chant or play the drum...but don't come on here playing the whole "high and mighty" card about others not doing something you no longer seem prepared to do. You seem more interested in causing arguments and problems with those around you than singing and drumming and it's getting to the stage where it's not only the sweety rustlers that want you to GTF....your quickly alienating all those who have spoken up for and supported you in the past.

Am I right in saying that people are letting this Section G lot sit together by giving up their seats so they can make a noise? I'm sure I read Alex saying one of them sits in his seat but he doesn't (usually) mind as they get an atmosphere going.

He was asking or encouraging us, he was trying to be cheeky. Also as I've said before, I never shouted anything at you's, but getting the finger and that guy shouting at one of us for shouting at Rory was too far.

But, let's not argue. We would sing if people joined in, I know that the group that were with Alex were singing, but let's face it....Thats like 20 of us. Thats still pathetic, we are fighting a lost cause in trying to get an atmosphere and that's why we stop and don't try that much.

I wasn't meaning for people like CaleyD and Alex to stand up and be counted, it's the ones in the Main Stand and North, that don't sing at all!

ICT fans are summed up in this really...

When we parked our car in the ground car park, there was people in cars, sitting sipping their cups of tea! Now that I feel just sums our fans up. Pathetic and sad!

If you want to sing/chant/smack the drum then just do it....don't get so worked up by other people joining in or not, or even those who might look on disapprovingly.

Fail to see why your getting so upset because someone flipped you the birdie, after all it was in response to a mouthful that came from among your group of mates.

As to those sitting having a cuppa in the carpark....have you ever thought that these are fans that travel a considerable distance to see the team and grab a cuppa before heading in to the game, or take 10 minutes for one afterwards before heading home?

Really, you have to lose this whole "we're superior fans because we make more noise" attitude. People support the team in a variety of ways and everyone should be made welcome and be (within reason) tolerant of how other people choose to support the team....that goes just as much for you tolerating those who don't wish to sing, as it does for those who don't sing tolerating those of you who do.

Nobody should feel the need to "stand up and be counted" because of the way they choose to act on a matchday, and your doing nothing to garner support by calling fellow fans "Pathetic and Sad".

I'm not saying that that's pathetic and sad, I'm saying that just ICT fans in general, that don't support their team by singing and that is just the sort of fans that we have, the ones that would rather sit in their car sipping tea then be in the ground getting a good atmosphere before the start of the game and during.

We would sing if people joined in,

I was among the goupe with Alex and we sang a couple of times - granted sitting down - and on a few occasions the boys at the back remained quiet.

I understand and truely believe it is not these boys responsibility to get the crowd going, but when they say they will join in and don't, there seems little or no point even starting ourselves.

This may be why Alex tried to get the boys to bang the drum. Why take it to the match and not hit it unless we're winning? I dont think he tried to wind you up, but perhaps if the drum beat gets going, then some other may join in. I also agree with what is said about the abuse towards Rory. Totally un called for. What confidence can it give the lad if whenever he comes to warm up he gets dogs abuse. Furthermore, it was good-natured banta between Dougie Imrie and Alex. Imrie acknowledged Alex with a rye smile and carried on... no abuse intended or dished out IMO there.

Lets get behind the boys in unison. I know we can all do it so long as we join forces and not stick to the wee groups who at the minute seem to be trying to out-abuse one another.

I agree with you GJ, we should all just be getting behind the lads and not arguing with each other, I suppose we could say we were just p1shed off cause we were losing and playing crap!

Lets make this now into a positive thread and getting more people to join in at home games!

P.S - I thought Alex's cheeky comment to Dougie was quite funny.

Our next Home game is the day after my wedding at the stadium... I think most of my wedding guests are intending on joining us for the match. They won't know many songs, but I for one intend to teach them :rotflmao:

Lets just get behind the team from start to finish. If we think brew should make a sub, then lets tell him in song rather than muttering to ourselves. If we think a player has made an excellent contribution, chant his name.

Is there not a thread elsewhere for ideas for new songs. I am sure the section G lads have a few ideas. The quality or ideas can only be recognised when out in the open, not locked indoors!

The finger was directed at the 'little boy' hiding behind his mates who thought it ok to let rip with a mouthful of abuse directed at me.

The comment to Dougie was made in response to what he had said in the press. He said he huffed at being dropped and that it fired him up to perform. I said 'hope your huffed today Doug and fired up to show them how its done' Nothing offensive.

Roscoe23, has it ever crossed your mind that those you see having tea etc in their cars may have travelled a considerable distance.

As for the BENI...........I have encouraged and supported those lads and lasses and have defended them in the past. I have provided them with their own flag, at considerable cost, so when I try and get them singing I dont expect a tirade of foul and abusive language.

Also as I've said before, I never shouted anything at you's, but getting the finger and that guy shouting at one of us for shouting at Rory was too far.

I got p1ssed off because the first peep we heard from the back of Section G was "Rory yer sh1te" when the subs came to warm up. I make no apologies for that.

At the same time, and having read this thread and thought about it, i agree that nobody has any right to tell you boys to start the singing. The abuse is not personal, it's just that for a while there was a bit of atmosphere at the Bridge End and we seem to have lost it again which is a lot more sad than people drinking tea in their cars before the game.

Really, you have to lose this whole "we're superior fans because we make more noise" attitude. People support the team in a variety of ways and everyone should be made welcome and be (within reason) tolerant of how other people choose to support the team....that goes just as much for you tolerating those who don't wish to sing, as it does for those who don't sing tolerating those of you who do.

Good point well made. Bottom line is that the atmosphere at TCS is pathetic at best though. To be honest I dont think there is much that can be done about it because when the kids do start singing no one joins in and thats that. So, I cant blame section G for giving up - i would.

Its a shame though because if we had a stadium that was jumping every week it would motivate the players, help boost crowds and attract players. We must be the least inspiring team to play for.

This is my other team St Pauli -

Im not expecting us to be like that impressive but it would be pretty special playing infront of that every week!

Good point well made. Bottom line is that the atmosphere at TCS is pathetic at best though. To be honest I dont think there is much that can be done about it because when the kids do start singing no one joins in and thats that. So, I cant blame section G for giving up - i would.

Its a shame though because if we had a stadium that was jumping every week it would motivate the players, help boost crowds and attract players. We must be the least inspiring team to play for.

This is my other team St Pauli -

Im not expecting us to be like that impressive but it would be pretty special playing infront of that every week!

May i suggest we all become fluent in German? Get some good chants going! Only thing is i think your allowed to drink at German games, which you are not in Scotland thus keepin up those inhibitions. Bummer!

Edited by iamthecaptain1

Others are joining in though, and encouraging the lads at the back of Section G to get the drum going....and all they get in response is a mouthful of filth from the lads.....is it any wonder that others who are a little more shy are reluctant?

People should be drinking whisky and beer before a game - and lots of it. I am on the side of the yoof and suggest the blame lies with the middle aged goody two shoe teetotallers.

Aye a few drams before the game makes a difference :thumb04:

What ever happened to the idea of the new leisure centre with bar at the stadium ? :rotflmao: :018:

there was people in cars, sitting sipping their cups of tea!

How do you know it was tea :thumb04:

People should be drinking whisky and beer before a game - and lots of it.

Aye a few drams before the game makes a difference :rotflmao:

Hip flasks .... a wonderful invention. Doesnt go well with Bovril though

In fairness theres not really been alot to shout about at home this season. I know the fans should be expected to sing even though but poor performances would put a few heads down.

In fairness theres not really been alot to shout about at home this season. I know the fans should be expected to sing even though but poor performances would put a few heads down.

I agree & i also suspect the quiet atmosphere is because most of us are cr@pping it & fearing the worst :rotflmao: