FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

RiG

time for Mr Burley to open his eyes to the talent that does exist in smaller teams...

Surely is Black continues with these performances that a Scotland call up is required.

I do think that had Ian signed for a central belt team, he would be in the Scotland setup. As per the Dodds thinking, nothing very much that is good happens up here with our team, however that is a blessing in disguise as we may hold him for a wee while yet.

He is, imo, destined for a bigger stage once his apprenticeship is over. Brew took him to task and we can see the difference on the park, he still goes in like a terrier BUT walks away without protest. It was this protest that made the referees take action in a lot of cases in the past . He may have walked away from a foul, but not without miscalling the ref, his next foul was followed by a card. Referees are only human and we would all do the same if some little s..t gave us a hard time and we had the opportunity to shut them up. Those days are gone.

Ian is almost the end product now and it will not be long before the big boys come calling and he will get the recognition he deserves, however, as we need the cashflow, we have to be realistic and hope that we can fill his position from within or by good scouting/signing from without, so that we do not lose too much skill by his waygoing.

time for Mr Burley to open his eyes to the talent that does exist in smaller teams...

Surely is Black continues with these performances that a Scotland call up is required.

Long way off. I have said on previous threads that he is talented enough, but doesn't have the consitency. Ferguson, Hartley, Brown, Fletcher, Stewart and Arfield are all ahead of him at the moment.

Long way off. I have said on previous threads that he is talented enough, but doesn't have the consitency. Ferguson, Hartley, Brown, Fletcher, Stewart and Arfield are all ahead of him at the moment.

i still think he's a little off even being considered for a scotland call up, however, i would say Black is far ahead of Arfield...iain vigurs is already better than Arfield.

Edited by CaleyP

i still think he's a little off even being considered for a scotland call up, however, i would say Black is far ahead of Arfield...iain vigurs is already better than Arfield.

:rotflmao:

As talented as I think Black is, have you seen Arfield. The boy is special.

i just think Arfield is average, nothing great...just a good average scottish player.

i just think Arfield is average, nothing great...just a good average scottish player.

Arfield will be Scotland's most creative player within five years. Black is an excellent player, but offers virtually nothing going forward with the exception of the odd pop at goal.

Arfield will be Scotland's most creative player within five years. Black is an excellent player, but offers virtually nothing going forward with the exception of the odd pop at goal.

well i do agree with the lack of forward play from black but i think he plays a diiferent role from Arfield, but now anyway i think Black is a better player, i was at the away game to falkirk and black was controlling that midfield. as everyone will gather by now i am a maasive fan of vigurs and think he has more potential than arfield so i dont think arfield will be scotlands most creative player within five years.

i seen vigurs rip apart arfield in every reserve game they played against each other.

well i do agree with the lack of forward play from black but i think he plays a diiferent role from Arfield, but now anyway i think Black is a better player, i was at the away game to falkirk and black was controlling that midfield. as everyone will gather by now i am a maasive fan of vigurs and think he has more potential than arfield so i dont think arfield will be scotlands most creative player within five years.

i seen vigurs rip apart arfield in every reserve game they played against each other.

Do either Vigurs or Black have any under 21 caps?

Has Alex Ferguson had Vigurs or Black watched?

all im saying is when thse players have come up against each other Arfield has come up second best in my opinion.

this is my opinion, i think black is better than Arfield and i think Vigurs is technically one of the best players i've seen in the spl and when he has had as much games as Arfield he'll be better. your not going to change my view. im not asking you to change yours i respect your opinion but we're just two different ppl with different views, thats all. :thumb04:

Edited by CaleyP

all im saying is when thse players have come up against each other Arfield has come up second best in my opinion.

this is my opinion, i think black is better than Arfield and i think Vigurs is technically one of the best players i've seen in the spl and when he has had as much games as Arfield he'll be better. your not going to change my view. im not asking you to change yours i respect your opinion but we're just two different ppl with different views, thats all. :thumb04:

Fair doos.

But arfields better :018:

this is my opinion, i think black is better than Arfield and i think Vigurs is technically one of the best players i've seen in the spl and when he has had as much games as Arfield he'll be better. your not going to change my view. im not asking you to change yours i respect your opinion but we're just two different ppl with different views, thats all. ;)

Fair doos.

But arfields better :thumb04:

we'll see :018:

whoah whoah guys

Im not suggesting that Black should be thrusted into the Scotland 1st team, but at least Burley and his OF loving drones should be watching him in action at least... and someone mentioned that Black had not played a European game, well if you look at the SFA website and see who is on the A squad you will see people like Darren Barr: Falkirk & Kris Commons: Derby C, who i dont think have played a European tie...i could be wrong

Im not to say GIRUY...but you can make the squad without playing on that Euro stage...

Yes Black is a someway off that, but he's getting there double speed with his recent performances

nuff said

PS on the SFA site, Rory is included in the U21 squad

Edited by BornCaley

The present team at Scotland HQ do look further than the OF. Also managers will flag up a player who they think could do a job at national level.

Unfortunately for Ian at this time there's too many to choose from in his position.

Not sure that I can make comparrisons between Arfield and Black. Arfield is 5 years younger and very enthusiastic at the moment Ian was the same at that age. Maturity shows differences. I think Ian probably reads a game a lot better now.