FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

RiG

Another outstanding performance from the midfield maestro on Saturday capped with a rare goal. Must be said once or twice he went in quite hard on Saturday but, other than that, he has controlled his temper well so far this year and has a fine eye for a pass. He really has turned in some fine performances this season and is well worth a new deal. Hopefully the club get it sorted sooner rather than later.

All hail Ian Black :rotflmao:

What concerns me is the very real prospect of being without either Ian Black or Don Cowie next season. What a hole that would leave in our midfield.

Come on, get these contracts sorted out sooner rather than later !

An Iain Vigurs shaped hole?

Blackie is brilliant. I can't believe he's still with us!

Black has said himself he is happy to stay...and frankly i am too. :rotflmao:

Vigurs and Cowie defnitely need sorted out as well. Despite missing a sitter i thought he really improved the midfield when he came on.

I like the following few lines taken from an article in Teamtalk.com

As soon as the young midfielder finds himself anywhere near the opposition box, he only has one thing on his mind and that is to have a strike at goal.

Occasionally, the 23-year-old will produce a thunderous finish, and sometimes he has the spectators behind the goal ducking for cover.

One thing the 5ft 8ins midfielder is not renowned for is his heading prowess, so he surprised everyone when he ventured into the box to seal Saturday's impressive 3-1 Scottish Premier League home victory over Kilmarnock by nodding home an Iain Vigurs corner.

Black said: "That's the first header I have scored for Inverness and my first goal of the season so it was extra special for me. I think I was one of the smallest players on the park at the time so to go and win the ball amongst all those big boys was absolutely brilliant."

What concerns me is the very real prospect of being without either Ian Black or Don Cowie next season. What a hole that would leave in our midfield.

Come on, get these contracts sorted out sooner rather than later !

We`managed all right without Cowie on Saturday. He's had a very poor start to the season after being nearly everyone's player of the year last year.

Blackie would leave a much bigger hole in the midfield, he's on fire at the moment and is going to be pretty expensive to keep.

Ian needs to settle down and get maybe two good seasons in then he would be able to select a big club of his choice. He has a long way to go but he is moving in the right direction. A Charlie Christie type performance against Celtic in October would raise his stock but he has to reach a level of performance where a move to a big club is more than good money sitting on a bench and then being sold on a few years later to find himself back at the start - even though a few quid richer.

Watch the highlights again and see just how high off the ground Black is. He might be renowned for his heading but he certainly has a spring in his step and will not shirk out of a headed challenge despite his hobbit like stature.

I've said before that Black has the biggest potential of any ICT player ever and I think he has been showing that this season. I firmly believe he will play for Scotland one day.

Maybe I should change my name to BlackisGod....

Blackie has been my MOTM in every game this season. One brilliant performance after another.

He's always had the ability, but unfortunately he's let his temperament overshadow that ability in the past.

This season he's cut out all the nonsense, and he's just got better and better.

It's not the first time I've said that Black is the tallest midget in Scottish Football....I think he has one of those self image conditions...you know, where he looks in a mirror and sees a 7 foot giant, because he plays like he thinks he is (and that's no criticism) :rotflmao:

Watch the highlights again and see just how high off the ground Black is. He might be renowned for his heading but he certainly has a spring in his step and will not shirk out of a headed challenge despite his hobbit like stature.

Yes. And watch how many defensive headers he wins, many of them against chaps a good few inches taller. Timing is key. Other players, McGuire not the only one, are already on the way down when the ball arrives.

Blackies celebration...he points at his head, then mimics his own heading action, as if to say "Me! With my head!" Joyful, as was Barrowmans run in front of the main stand. Best day at TCS for a yonk and a half! moremoremore

What always impresses me is his timing in the air when he jumps. Having seen the highlights his header was top drawer and quite far out too (in more ways than one!)

He has indeed become a class act and will improve further, sign him long term now.

Read in paper, him, fraser and Munro are the 1st three to start contract talks. Saying that with international break coming up now is as good a time to start as any.

Sounds promising.

Don't hold your breath!!! These things tend to drag on forever with ICT. Talks are always usually about to begin 'next week' :rotflmao:

A couple of weeks ago talks were due to start "next week" and at the beginning of this week talks were due "in the next couple of weeks". Seems Brewster has made his stance clear and "demanded" that Bennet gets the trio sorted out ASAP.

Winning me over Brew! :rotflmao: