FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

what is considered an acceptable season

stevico1

What is considered as an acceptable season for ICT these days?

Should we be looking for a top six spot now having established ourselves in the SPL for a few seasons?

Is just surviving in the SPL each season a success?

It will be interesting to see what the fans now think is considered a successful season

Edited by stevico1

A successful season would be to still be in the running for the Top 6 as we approach the split. A great season would be getting the top six. An acceptable season - well if we're honest merely staying in the SPL is an achievement for a club with Caley Thistles resources, I'd say 9th or above was just about acceptable and though disappointing not to be going forward, staying up ultimately isn't too bad a season even if 11th, if you don't believe that, ask the supporters of the club that finishes 12th.

In the present climate, where cash is the over-riding factor, survival is the priority.

And also to see youngsters come through the ranks and succeed in the game.

I tend to agree, while I would love to see the club challenging for top six with our average crowds and the lack of a sugar daddy I think survival in the SPL is priority, also due to lack of finances young players coming through is vital along with keeping our best talents such as Black and Cowie

Surviving relegation is obviously our priority. Anything else, Cup runs included, is a bonus.

Interesting to see a huge turn around now in the fans expectations when before it was that we should be aiming for Top 6 minimum :rotflmao:

Surviving comfortably will do me.

Seeing us play decent football at home that produces results.

Make some good signings and clearing out the waste players.

Get at least one decent result against each of the old firm.

Thats my idea of a perfect season. :rotflmao:

An acceptable season for me is one where you come away at the end knowing that regardless of where you finished in the league you know that we gave it our best....and that goes for everyone from top to bottom at the club who all have an influence, to a greater or lesser extent, with what happens on the pitch.

Guest Mahonio

i would say being in top 6 and getting to cup semi.

As i have said on another page, if Kilmarnock can be get into top 6 on limited budget so can we and If Gretna can get to cup final we should get at least semi of one of cups.

So far in my opinion this has been a unacceptable start to season!!! I know i will get criticised for thinking like this but tough!

the club aim for 11th first with anything else a bonus which is pretty frustrating as they should be aiming higher otherwise whats the point.with that in mind an acceptable season whether would be bringing through as many young players as possible, selling some our best players to the highest bidder, dont get relegated and maybe a cup run if were lucky

Guest WynessLegend

An acceptable season would be one where the "supporters" get behind the team and don't call for the manger's head at every setback.

Staying up would also be good - but the support need to get their belief back.

An acceptable season would be one where the "supporters" get behind the team and don't call for the manger's head at every setback.

Staying up would also be good - but the support need to get their belief back.

I think you must have your head in a manger.

All this talk about "belief" gets my back up. Belief is only possible for so long without evidence to reinforce it. If one is given no evidence, belief tends to disappear pretty quickly.

Anyway, like probably most other fans, I have plenty of belief in the team; we have some good players out there, and it's not lack of belief from the fans that's hindering them, it's lack of direction and awareness from our so-called manager. Until we get someone who knows what he's doing, we will be incapable of moving forward.