FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

CELTIC -V- ICT

Celtic Park, Glasgow, 3:00pm

Discuss it during the game in the CHATROOM

Audio Coverage

Match Feed (UK only)

Sportsound/Open All Mics Feed (Worldwide)

Livescores

SKY SPORTS

BBC - ICT Live Text

P&J - ICT Live Text

SportBox

Sporting Life

Lineups

(click for full size image)

post-2-1227970233_thumb.png

Well played. Disappointing of course not to be able to steal anything at the end, but we were in with a chance at it, and that's a far stretch from the 5-0 loss last season, or the same thing last trip to Glasgow. Hate to lose, but great to see the team keep it close in Glasgow.

had to rely on open-all-mics today and the coverage was disappointing to say the least ... but it sounded like we gave it a good go today but just couldn't score ...... so :rotflmao: for a good attempt.

Only really two disappointments in that game today for me.

Firstly, we got caught again trying to play the offside trap....lost count of how many goals we've lost as a result of that this season.

Secondly, we were unable to record a shot on goal over the 90+ minutes and then subbed a striker for a striker when we really needed to be increasing the attacking threat (IMO)

Not blaming anyone in particular for that second point, it was always going to be the risk this season that we'd be weak at the front as we're relying so much on less experienced forwards and as much as Wood seemed to be pushing in on goal, you really do need a bit of luck to score when your a loan striker against a defence like Celtics.

Every player seemed to be playing their part, Duncan sounded like he was having a stormer (and got Sportsound MotM). Commentators remarked on Black controlling the middle of the park, winning all the 50/50 balls and picking up all the scraps and Imrie constantly seemed to be running the line before running out of options (again a product of only one up front, so not much else he could have done).

Again I live in hope that we can start performing like that at home (with the addition of threatening the opposite goal more often).

Am quite happy with the performance today. Yeah...we got beat...but many better teams than us have come to Parkhead and done less. And am talking the cream of europe here!

Would like to see barry Wilson Start when we play 1 up front, and just get him to sit on the last man. Wood is not a goalscorer!

TWS texted me to say that Hartley committed a foul in the build up to Celtics goal.

the commentator mentioned how it would be intresting if ICT were to make anything about that incident. Whats the point tho?

Finally managed to see a game on TV.

The Celtic goal was down to a lack of awareness in central defence...we actually had a one-on-one early in the second half that was, to my eyes, wrongly called offside.

ICT looked confident and composed. First half we were playing some lovely one touch stuff in the middle third and the defence, on the whole, seemed to be well organised.

Celtic were made to play today.

Second half we started flinging a few balls into the penalty area (Tokely) and there's the problem.

I've seen 2 games this season (1st game v Aberdeen away and this one on TV) and even on that very limited visual evidence I see we need a commanding central defender and a genuine final 3rd threat.

The last will never be bought in because the type of player we need is out of our budget, but the defender is an absolute must.

I've said it before, Black must be tearing his hair out that there's no-one ahead of him able to make the runs and make a target.

Finally, on a big stage, at Celtic Park, ICT looked at home. Ball on the deck, nice runs and competing with 'Champions'. What happens at TCS is anyone's guess.

TWS texted me to say that Hartley committed a foul in the build up to Celtics goal.

Yep...but...50/50 that an away team in Glesga will never be given.

I was not in the house during the game today smee, but do Celtic not broadcast these games on their own channels and they can be viewed on certain illegal sites.......p2p live streaming etc.

I caught a bit of the Hearts-Rangers game online before I went out on one of these channels

Thing is we have a 6'2" defender in Duff, but he aint Brewsters mate...

Wonder who will play next week in a crucial home game vs Arabs?

He doesn't pick the defence on the basis of mates. I think you'll find that none of todays back four are MATES of the manager.

Think theres a good chance that todays back four will get another start next week, they did pretty well after all !