FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season Ticket next year

caleyrule

Season ticket  

117 members have voted

1. 1. As it stands are you renewing your season ticket next year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that Brew made mention on the TV about the "credit crunch" regarding contracts. If we apply the same logic to season tickets then this very much falls into discretionary spending which will take a hit during the recession.

A handfull of wins in 2008 at TCS is not going to encourage people to decide to spend on an ICT season ticket as opposed to say a gym membership or golf club membership or even a sat night out. People will focus on value for money & our home form in 2008 certainly ain't been that! At what point do the ICT faithful say enough is enough, I won't watch this drivel at home every fortnight anymore???

I fear a substantial drop in season tickets next season which will affect the ability to change personel in the transfer windows. People will pick & choose their games next season & attendances will suffer.

Brew/Grassa/Mr Chairman need to sort our home form out sooner rather than later or next season (should we survive this season) will be worse than current.

Put it another way, do we have a recession plan?

I definatley will but with the rubbish we're seeing week in week out is making it alot harder than usual. If only I lived down the road a few miles the pi*h wouldn't be so hard to take...It'll be my 6th season.

Edited by martinskye

Our family had four tickets which we held for a number of years. This year, however, we did not renew them. The reason? Too many Sunday games. There are a LOT of ICT fans who don't (and won't) attend matches on a Sunday for religious (and/or cultural) reasons.

Last season Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic all played games at the TCS on Sundays. Our four seats, were empty. This season Celtic played us here on a Saturday - the first time a Celtic fixture in Inverness has ever been scheduled for any day other than a Sunday. I have written to the club regarding the issue of Sunday football but they are not interested. They are slaves to Rupert Murdoch and Sky TV.

You may disagree with my views on Sunday football - everyone is entitled to their opinion (it is still a free country - just). But what ICT have NEVER grasped is that there are very many true and faithful ICT fans who will not go to football matches on a Sunday on account of their Christian beliefs (these are people who have turned up regularly and faithfully over the years to watch the likes of Arbroath play ICT on a cold, wet, tuesday night). Their loyalty has never been understood, appreciated or returned by ICT.

I will still occasionally attend ICT matches (as I did today) but will never again buy season tickets for ICT games so long as matches are played on Sundays at the TCS.

Edited by A96

Sadly your views won't even be considered. The club values income from theses games as too high. Maybe boards across the country who keeps money in their pockets. But alas the majority of shareholders are interested in themselves

Guest aldalzz

Sadly your views won't even be considered. The club values income from theses games as too high. Maybe boards across the country who keeps money in their pockets. But alas the majority of shareholders are interested in themselves

here what you're saying, I'm not overly religious but games should be played on Saturdays. If not a Monday or Wednesday is always good for me as the atmosphere of a night time game, floodlights etc is far better than a "Sunday dinnertime" but as the chap says the fat cats hold out the money and we beg bonny.

Guest aldalzz

Just wondering how the fans are feeling about season tickets for next year

I'll be handing mine in before the end of the season and not renewing if the current management team is given a new contract, this is my 9th season in a row with a season ticket, never felt so low as I do now watching my team.

Our family had four tickets which we held for a number of years. This year, however, we did not renew them. The reason? Too many Sunday games. There are a LOT of ICT fans who don't (and won't) attend matches on a Sunday for religious (and/or cultural) reasons.

Last season Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic all played games at the TCS on Sundays. Our four seats, were empty. This season Celtic played us here on a Saturday - the first time a Celtic fixture in Inverness has ever been scheduled for any day other than a Sunday. I have written to the club regarding the issue of Sunday football but they are not interested. They are slaves to Rupert Murdoch and Sky TV.

You may disagree with my views on Sunday football - everyone is entitled to their opinion (it is still a free country - just). But what ICT have NEVER grasped is that there are very many true and faithful ICT fans who will not go to football matches on a Sunday on account of their Christian beliefs (these are people who have turned up regularly and faithfully over the years to watch the likes of Arbroath play ICT on a cold, wet, tuesday night). Their loyalty has never been understood, appreciated or returned by ICT.

I will still occasionally attend ICT matches (as I did today) but will never again buy season tickets for ICT games so long as matches are played on Sundays at the TCS.

Good to see the Wee Frees have found their way from Kingsmells to TCS. :rotflmao:

Doubtful. I was away in the hills all weekend, and was surprised how little I cared about finding out the result. Which is sad.....a few years back I'd never have arranged a weekend away when we were at home.

Think I'll just save the money and use it for away days. Far more of a craic.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

i'll probs get a season ticket next year.. i normally go to every game, but this season ive stoped goin to alot of games. i'll be goin to alot more away game next season

Good on ya mate. Dont share your beliefs, but god on ya, none the less.

I usually miss a few at the start and end of the season, due to summer things, but serioulsy wonder if I wuod not be better working in the garden or the shed and listening. It is quite a gamble at the start of the season...one which, this season for the first time, I feel sad to have made.

Guest aldalzz

You always support your team through thick and thin.

I don't believe in slagging off my team on the pitch and god knows we have had good reason this year, it seems to me the only way to make the golf pros at ICT notice is not be there, christ they don't give a monkeys if we are there week in week out. Remember no singing standing or having a good time and no moaning if our team only gets 4 home wins a year.

I wont. Never had one cos of where i work but it wont stop me getting to as many games as I can. For me its not all about football, though a good game makes a difference, its about the travel, hooking up with some people for a drink and a chat, the friendships made, the aftermatch drink and digestion of the days game etc. I will still support this team to the same level as always.

A96, I appreciate your sentiments and beliefs but sadly we are now in an era where football is going to be played on days and times other than saturday at 3pm. I dont think Rupert Murdoch and Sky TV have anything to do with Setanta, in fact I think Mr Branson may have more of a say in that company, but they pay this league a lot of money, some of which comes to us, to televise matches. They are not, however allowed to show live at 3pm on a saturday so have to choose other times and dates. The tv company call the shots, not the club.

I've never had a season ticket but used to make the effort to attend most home games. I'm bound to say that after last week, although I'm committed to going to the Aberden game I'm not sure that I'll be making the effort too many more times this season unless there's a dramatic change of direction.