FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jamie Duff at right back

hislopsoffsideagain

Proctor's best position at ICT has been right back. Duff is a natural centre half. Brew's decisions to play our players out of their best positions are killing us.

United's tactics today were to clearly expose our right side & correct me if I'm wrong but did the initial ball for each goal not come from the Utd left? Proctor kept getting pulled out to help Duff which left a gapping hole between him & Granty which Utd exploided well.

We also really missed Roscoe as an attacking threat today.

I said after 20 mins today that if Proctor & Duff didn't swap then we could be hurt. Brew has the tactical know how of a 6 year old!!!

We so miss Donald Park.

Proctor's best position at ICT has been right back. Duff is a natural centre half. Brew's decisions to play our players out of their best positions are killing us.

United's tactics today were to clearly expose our right side & correct me if I'm wrong but did the initial ball for each goal not come from the Utd left? Proctor kept getting pulled out to help Duff which left a gapping hole between him & Granty which Utd exploided well.

I said after 20 mins today that if Proctor & Duff didn't swap then we could be hurt. Brew has the tactical know how of a 6 year old!!!

We so miss Donald Park.

agree with all that. our midfield is letting us down badly too.too many players of a similar style and some played out of position for good measure. crossing and set plays are woefull as is service to strikers.if cowie wont sign i say get him straight to f**K because we wont miss him anyway.

Total **** up by Brewster by playing Duff at right back, he got a complete roasting in the second half. But the problems in our team are deeper than that..........................

Yet again we loose a goal early in second half and yet again we see no leadership either on or off the field. Grant doesn't seem to have it in him unless he has an experienced partner beside him, the likes of McGuire or Dodds. He continually lumps the ball up the park when clearing, although thank goodness he had the sense not to use those useless 'long' throw ins today.

As for leadership off the park, where would you begin? Why do we thump high balls into the likes of Wilkie and Kenneth when it is obvious that they are giant thugs? Can you not see this Brewster and Munro? Can we not just drive in a lower corner for example where a touch or even a lucky touch from a defender may prove fruitful?

We so miss Donald Park.

agree with all that. our midfield is letting us down badly too.too many players of a similar style and some played out of position for good measure. crossing and set plays are woefull as is service to strikers.if cowie wont sign i say get him straight to f**K because we wont miss him anyway.

disagree with your comments about the midfield....they have been getting nothing but absolute praise the whole season from the pundits.

We so miss Donald Park.

disagree with your comments about the midfield....they have been getting nothing but absolute praise the whole season from the pundits.

must be the same pundits who say the tcs is such a hard place to come to and that we're well organised and hard to break down every week. they must be right

We so miss Donald Park.

must be the same pundits who say the tcs is such a hard place to come to and that we're well organised and hard to break down every week. they must be right

ok fair point....but i do think our midfield in my opinion are the most consistantly performing players and the most talented and have performed well so far this season.

We so miss Donald Park.

ok fair point....but i do think our midfield in my opinion are the most consistantly performing players and the most talented and have performed well so far this season.

i dont think any of our midfielders are bad, they're all good players and each capable of putting on a great performance.its just they're not showing it week in week out as a unit and not providing the service required by the strikers.need a good quality midfielder in jan to play alongside black

We so miss Donald Park.

i dont think any of our midfielders are bad, they're all good players and each capable of putting on a great performance.its just they're not showing it week in week out as a unit and not providing the service required by the strikers.need a good quality midfielder in jan to play alongside black

well i think we're going to need a few as we're going to lose a few i think and i think we could potentially lose black, cowie and vigurs. all of them are out of contract and none of them have accepted the deals offered to them so far.

Imagine before the game you are given the team list & formation how do you envisage the team will line up....

Esson

Proctor Duff Munro Hastings

Duncan

Cowie Black Vigurs Imire

Barrowman

but what you get is

Esson

Duff Proctor Munro Hastings

Vigurs

Imrie Duncan Black Cowie

Barrowman

Other than putting Barrowman in goals how wrong could it have been?

Edited by kencar

Just another example of Brewsters tactical ineptitude.

As we ALL know Proctor is a right back who has been unlucky that we have Tokely at the club who has owned that position for the last 8 years or so. Proctor is a make-shift centre back and can play in a few positions but his best is undoubtably right back whereas Duff is a ready made centre half.

Proctor has pace and should have been up against Conway who is one of DU best players

Brewster did not want to shift his 'favourite' Proctor because if Duff plays a blinder at centre half then when Tokely comes back, who does he drop. IMHO Duff should be playing along side Munro anyway as Proctor is too small and lightweight as he showed when he played against Higdon for Falkirk.

This is the guy who plays one up front at home against the mighty Hamilton, Falkirk etc etc , has played McBain right midfield, Duff at full back, Cowie and Imrie on the wrong sides of the pitch.

In short I really believe he doesn't know what he is doing!

Ask ANY Dundee Utd fan what they think of his Management credentials!!

And we're considering giving him a new contract :rotflmao: :thumb04: if it wasn't so serious it would be funny

Jamie Duff isn't a centre back,Proctor is. Yet another tactical **** up from Brewster ! :018:

Eh???

I assume he meant right back and not centre back - easy to do

Imagine before the game you are given the team list & formation how do you envisage the team will line up....

Esson

Duncan

Cowie Black Vigurs Imire

Barrowman

but what you get is

Esson

Vigurs

Imrie Duncan Black Cowie

Barrowman

:rotflmao:

Couldn't agree more Kencar !! How many guys could you play out of position in one game. I honestly believe we HAVE good players, they are just played out of position.

Esson

Duncan

Cowie Black Vigurs Imire

Barrowman

but what you get is

Esson

Vigurs

Imrie Duncan Black Cowie

Barrowman

:018:

Couldn't agree more Kencar !! How many guys could you play out of position in one game. I honestly believe we HAVE good players, they are just played out of position.

When you see it laid out like thats its actually quite frightening :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Another point on Jamie Duff playing out of position - I remember in his first start (I think against Hamilton) when he had a solid game and looked good, but the one big mistake he made led to the goal people were saying about showing faith in him and giving him a run to boost his confidence and get over mistake. How is being played out of position and being run ragged, due to inexperience and not being a natural right back, going to effect his confidence? Especially considering when Tokely is back he'll most likely be back on the bench again

Guest RPFaither

Didn't see the game but I was speaking to an Arab after the match. He said he felt sorry for Duff being played out of position and up against DU's best player Conway. Jamie was probably quite happy to get another game but not good for the team if it is an example of CB's thinking - as it clearly didn't work. Would Proctor have done better? (That's a genuine question btw). Or is it a case of the team would have been stronger if Duff had been played in his natural position and likewise Proctor?

This really doesnt make sense. "I dont want to make two changes, so i'll play both out of position instead"

Not really fair on Duff. Brewster has made a real gaff here. But will he hold his hands up. No. Will he blame the team and take no blame himself again. Hmmm i wonder :rotflmao: