Anyone else worried about Saturday?

Bronson

The last ever game at Love Street I believe. So it will no doubt be an emotional day for the Saints fans. There will be a huge noisy crowd, and St Mirren will be as up for a game as they can be.

I've got an image of my head of Wyness slotting home the first of a hatrick and running to the away dug out and giving Brewster a huge :rotflmao:

Just a wee bit worried about this one... Wyness may come out trying to make a point and scoring at the weekend surely must have given a confidence boost. Last game at Love Street to? If I were to be playing the last game at my teams home ground then I would be going all guns blazing to make it a game to remember to :rotflmao: Tough one indeed!

Only the old firm are better than us away from home this season!! :rotflmao:

Thats comforting then! A team that gets beat by ST Mirren on their travels and a team who loose goals from shots taken from the half way line are better than us :thumb04:

Only the old firm are better than us away from home this season!! :rotflmao:

Thats comforting then! A team that gets beat by ST Mirren on their travels and a team who loose goals from shots taken from the half way line are better than us :thumb04:

Now Smee, I did not realise your expections for my little Highland team, with a recent, but great, record in the SPL was to be compared to the Old Firm with their massive support and inherent income! I was using the Old Firm to highligh how good we were away from home, despite NOT having 60.000 home support etc and a team full of capped players!

Unfortuantley.......the league is based on games played home AND away tho.....and not just over the course of a third of the campaign. Am sure it will not look so rosy come the end of the season. As we have picked up points on our travels i wouldnt normally expect 9 times out of ten. The rest has been pretty much as i would expect

What's home support got to do with away performance?

I would have thought that if we had an income stream from 60,000 supporters every home game, the calibre of player we would have playing centre forward for us, would not have come from Ross County, struggling to find his feet in this league.

The team playing in our colours would therefore reflect our ability to buy in and pay top money and guess what? They would play for us away from home as well and get the results.

As it is CaleyD we have a wee support, poor income, reflecting our inability to attract and retain players of a high calibre, and we still are 3rd best away from home.

That is my point!!

If you are to believe what's been posted elsewhere then we're paying Barrowman the same as the far more successful and infinitely more qualified Marius Niculae whom we sold in the summer. So I wouldn't be so sure that the club would be spending any differently, or indeed more wisely, than we have done with the current funds.

Midden have a couple more games at Love Street after this so we won't have the whole emotional last day thing to contend with.

I'm still worried though, but also excited about a game with so much importance attached to it. Last time we were talking about relegation 6-pointers at this time of year was 2 years ago when we went to East End Park for a tense, niggly 0-0 draw - wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens on Saturday. Neither manager will be taking any chances.

Guest Spectre

I wonder what formation we'll play ? :rotflmao:

4-5-1 with Wood I guess!

Key question is will he keep Proctor at CB to look after Dargo (hopefully without a red card this time).

In reply to the original question - Yes I am very worried about the game on Saturday.

Maybe more of a 'must not lose' than a 'must win' but either way I think its a fairly vital game in our season. 3 points would keep that cushion between us and the teams below us where as 0 points would put us even deeper in the *****. We need to pick up 7 - 10 points from our next 5 games (St Mirren A, Aberdeen H, Motherwell A, Rangers H Hamilton A) and put Partick out of the cup. Anything else and its a disaster.