FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A New Era?

Johnboy

I was disappointed that John Robertson didn't get the manager's job, but I will say that this appointment would have been my second choice.

TB handled yesterday's media circus with considerable aplomb... It's easy to understand how he would have stood out as a candidate during the club's interviews. I've no doubt both he and Maurice Malpas will be wiser after their recent management experiences, and will prove to be more than capable of turning the club's fortunes around.

It's up to the players now... they are a good bunch of guys, and they will take new impetus from the appointment of TB, and face the challenge of keeping ICT in the SPL head on.

I have no doubts they will succeed...Sunday's game will be absolutely massive and couldn't have come at a better time for us. With a lot of endeavour and just a wee bit of luck, this game will go down as the turning point in season 2008/9.

I for one am optimistic at this point, that the appointment of Terry Butcher, the most experienced manager to ever be appointed at ICT. Hopefully this marks the end of the heartache and the desperation that came with being an ICT fan, during the era of Craig Brwster and Malky Thompson. A pair that had ICT on the worst run of form ever and a style of play that was uninspiring to say the least. The dream that was started in 1994 was almost destroyed. The flame nearly flippered out and the possibility might have had to have been endured that the ICT glory days were over and ICT would slip away from what they once were. Away from being a team to be feared, a team that was known as giant killers, until just becoming "just another club". Luckily for us there is still hope, and have hope for and an optimistic about the new appiontment of Terry Butcher. I hope I can now say, welcome to a new era of Inverness Caledonian Thistle. This marks this start of what I hope are THE glory days because I truly believe that ICT's best days are not behind them, they are still to come. So today, the work begins again, the team must play as one again, the glory days will begin again and the dream lives on.

It's easy to understand how he would have stood out as a candidate during the club's interviews.

I thought the same having seen the interview.

My opinion is that the appointment can go either way. I think Butcher will be a real asset for us or he will be be terribly bad.

A great motivator though, hopefully he can attract some higher callibre of names as we've never had a big(well known) manager that can do that.

I agree with you both Renegade/Johnboy

my vote would have been Robbo for his passion & love for the club, but i suppose internal matters were an issue.

However TB was my 2nd choice and there is no doubt he will get the backing of the supporters despite their individual choices for the post. TB's comments on ICT from his Setanta days have always been positive and im sure the performance against Hearts on Saturday was a deciding factor on him taking the post. He knows we are not a diddy team without talent. We have all seen that ICT have what it takes to sustain their position in the SPL

This is the beginning of our league for me and i will support TB & Maurice 100%.

Im going to say something i havent said all season.

"I BELIEVE"

Indeed it is a new era, 2 years too late but it is a new era.

Butcher certainly show's alot more personality than Brewster ever did in interviews and i have to admit that i didn't disagree with a word he said last night. Lets just hope results come now.

I have ALWAYS been been impressed with Terry Butchers handling of the media and very rarely disagree with anything he has to say.

I have to admit that I am over the moon he is in charge of our team, I honestly believe we now have the best manager in the league now, in terms of how he conducts himself and indeed his profile within the game.

Very happy with the appointment, the man is a class act, I just hope he resists falling into the boring as hell Inverness footballing comunity, where your reputation in a couple of bars is more important than your reputation within the game nationally.

Onwards and upwards.

Make your mark Butcher- if you see something that needs changed then change it, if you hear a player being cheeky then deal with it, dont listen to those around you.. you have vastly more experience than anybody within the club. If you feel youre getting pressure from those above you then expose it.

Guest PinehurstRed

I am a SWINDON TOWN FAN. M.Malpas was are manager.. All i can say is good luck, as you will need it.The worse manager and football coach this club as ever had..MM will make your team weeker than it is allready,then he will take all the confidence out of your best players.Plat players out of posision,Your teams fitness will drop and your defence will be SHOCKING as the man has no tactics about football what so ever....EVERY SWINDON FAN IS SO GLAD HE HAS GONE

good luck and i hope he does a better job 4 you lot..his record as STFC manager played 38--won 9--draws 7--LOST 22..Knocked out off the FA.CUP FIRST ROUND BY HISTON..league cup out first round QPR

MALPAS could not manage a sunday league team..FACT. LOOK AT HIS HISTORY

I am a SWINDON TOWN FAN. M.Malpas was are manager.. All i can say is good luck, as you will need it.The worse manager and football coach this club as ever had..MM will make your team weeker than it is allready,then he will take all the confidence out of your best players.Plat players out of posision,Your teams fitness will drop and your defence will be SHOCKING as the man has no tactics about football what so ever....EVERY SWINDON FAN IS SO GLAD HE HAS GONE

good luck and i hope he does a better job 4 you lot..his record as STFC manager played 38--won 9--draws 7--LOST 22..Knocked out off the FA.CUP FIRST ROUND BY HISTON..league cup out first round QPR

MALPAS could not manage a sunday league team..FACT. LOOK AT HIS HISTORY

Maybe so but he might be a decent assistant.

Butcher certainly show's alot more personality than Brewster ever did in interviews and i have to admit that i didn't disagree with a word he said last night. Lets just hope results come now.

It isnt a new era as eras last longer than six months - and lets face it this is a temporary fix with the goal of survival - two months in arrears unfortunately.

Our board as ever have been short sighted and reactive. They will undoubtedly point the blame at Brewster if all of this goes awry.

Butcher may well be a polished speaker - and he has the TV panel experience to come across as he does - but he aint a miracle worker - It really does depend on who he gets in before next week. Lets face it - he may have the passion but if ya dont have at least 11 good men and true then you are going to struggle.

But I fer one will be behind him as he really has nothing to lose and everything to gain - and I bet he knows it.

And apparently two of the first words that my mole overheard were "Kevin Kyle" - I could live with that.

It isnt a new era as eras last longer than six months - and lets face it this is a temporary fix with the goal of survival - two months in arrears unfortunately.

Our board as ever have been short sighted and reactive. They will undoubtedly point the blame at Brewster if all of this goes awry.

Butcher may well be a polished speaker - and he has the TV panel experience to come across as he does - but he aint a miracle worker - It really does depend on who he gets in before next week. Lets face it - he may have the passion but if ya dont have at least 11 good men and true then you are going to struggle.

But I fer one will be behind him as he really has nothing to lose and everything to gain - and I bet he knows it.

And apparently two of the first words that my mole overheard were "Kevin Kyle" - I could live with that.

think he's been offered a contract at Killie hasnt he?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

the board will prob look at him at the end of season see if he has kept us up or not, if he hasnt they will sack him and say he left due to family reasons

Guest PinehurstRed

Have Brewster instead, his record is worse.

what even worse than T.Butchers and M.Malpas.....i dowt that very much.butcher and malpas are not a good management team,just ask the motherwell fans?

ps.mark my words MALPAS WILL BE YOUR NEXT MANAGER...Thats the waymalpas works.

I hope your team stay up and TB and MM BECOMES CALLEY HERO's.

what even worse than T.Butchers and M.Malpas.....i dowt that very much.butcher and malpas are not a good management team,just ask the motherwell fans?

Butcher was excellent at Motherwell. what are you talking about?! Take a look at his record in the league and the cup, as well as bringing young players on. That's the whole reason we've signed him up? You think ICT looked at his time in Burnley and thought 'raging success'? No, it was because of his record at Motherwell.