FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

Bronson

Not worked up, at all. Just think it's not needed. I don't know why they do it.

I honestly begin to comprehend what could be not needed about taking off a shirt that is probably drenched with sweat after running about all afternoon in the sun.

I doubt anyone complained when Keogh took his shirt off at Broadwood in 2003/04 :023:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as hot and cold as Morias but, yes, hot and cold. Cold more often though.

Did you notice Morias? There was a ball he didn't chase that he could have easily got if he just threw himself at it. Yet later on, he chased down a ball that I did't think was worth going for, and he got it. He just decides when he's going to try. And when he does, he's pretty good.

Not worked up, at all. Just think it's not needed. I don't know why they do it.

I honestly begin to comprehend what could be not needed about taking off a shirt that is probably drenched with sweat after running about all afternoon in the sun.

I doubt anyone complained when Keogh took his shirt off at Broadwood in 2003/04 :lol:

The ref did - he got a yellow card. Now if he'd been wearing a nice sensible vest like Hissy...

Back on topic - I don't really see what the problem is with Imrie taking his shirt off at the end of the game, although I can perhaps why the Knowledge has developed an aversion to it - round about this time of year you do see more and more men naked except for their trackie bottoms aggressively shopping for lager in Glasgow supermarkets. Don't know if it is a peculiarly Glasgow thing, but I don't remember seeing anything of the sort in Low's when I was growing up in Inverness.

A little more concerned by Imrie's performance yesterday, however. I've not bought into a lot of the criticism he's had recently because I think he's a heart and soul player and makes life difficult for opponents even if he doesn't always use the ball as well as he should. I expected him to be right up for it against Hamilton, though, and instead he had one of his quietest games for ages. maybe it's just that he was playing against a genuinely good left back in Easton, but I thought he looked reluctant take him on. Hopefully he'll show a bit more against Motherwell.

I am of the opinion that Imrie is f***ing woeful. That said however, he is not alone in this category. I'm pretty certain he'll never get his "dream move" to ra peepil, certainly as long as he continues to play like he is. His little tantrums in front of the North Stand were cringe-worthy - if he'd bothered to look up, he'd have seen two options for cutting balls back and creating a goal scoring opportunity. Instead he'd rather waste the ball into the side of the net. He needs dropped and he needs dropped soon.

Dougie had a bad game yesterday but at St Mirren he ripped their defence to shreds cutting in from the left for the first fifteen minutes of the game before they managed to muscle their way back into the game. He looked like our only player that looked capable of causing something.

Imrie will run around all day, but what lets him down is his final ball. It is terrible sometimes. Last week at St Mirren he tried to pass to McBain (I think) 4 yards away, and rolled it to the Midden player! But in the second half of that game, he looked like a major threat, but Camara is awful. Yesterday wasn't Imrie's best. How he sclaffed his first half chance like he did, I will never know.

His strike from McBains cut back yesterday was a bit of a boo-boo and when he cut inside and hit the side netting, he really should have cut it back.

Left midfield is probably his best role but even then he can underperform.

did the same against st mirren aswell.....goes alone alot, when a pass or cut back could be a far better oppertunity.

possibly when his adrenaline gets going and all that.......

did the same against st mirren aswell.....goes alone alot, when a pass or cut back could be a far better oppertunity.

possibly when his adrenaline gets going and all that.......

Maybe he's just shyte...

i think dougie has found his level at ICT, possibly still punching above his weight, it's quite scary though that he thinks he's good enough to get a move to Rangers nevermind a top six team. he is ok but doesn't have huge potential, poor guy, who is going to tell him that he is just a bang average player.

i think dougie has found his level at ICT, possibly still punching above his weight, it's quite scary though that he thinks he's good enough to get a move to Rangers nevermind a top six team. he is ok but doesn't have huge potential, poor guy, who is going to tell him that he is just a bang average player.

I will.

Like a couple of other players I think Imrie is suffering due to our lack of forwards who can actually score goals. He's basically being asked to fill in in a position which isn't his natural slot because those who are employed to be there (on far better wages) are sitting on the bench because they've not proved to be anything like capable.

Therefore, I think it's to his credit that he's being picked to play up front ahead of our so called forwards.

Just to throw my tuppence worth in on yesterdays performance....Hamilton had obviously done their homework and spotted that during the St Mirren game every time Imrie had a chance to cut/turn inside and get the ball onto his left foot then he looked dangerous. They didn't allow him to do that yesterday and were constantly forcing him on to his weak foot.

The argument for me would be whether or not Butcher should have looked to change things sooner to perhaps put Imrie somewhere he might have been more effective.

Imrie to me aint much of a striker but he can have excellent games at left wing but if I were boss I'd do te following next season -

-----------------------Imrie-------------------

---Prolific Striker---------------Foran--------

If Imrie played behind a front two of Foran and a decent prolific striker, I reckon we'd see the best of him.