FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Music acts you cant get into?

SMEE

What music act (past or present) do you struggle to get into. Am not talking unknown acts...Im talking acts that would be classed as popular or mainstream. Or....per'aps, a music act you think are grossly overhyped.

I struggle to get into

Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

Oasis

Green Day

Amy Winehouse

Thats it for now..off the top of my head. Am sure more will come to mind

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What music act (past or present) do you struggle to get into. Am not talking unknown acts...Im talking acts that would be classed as popular or mainstream. Or....per'aps, a music act you think are grossly overhyped.

I struggle to get into

Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

Oasis

Green Day

Amy Winehouse

Thats it for now..off the top of my head. Am sure more will come to mind

Oasis , for me they are over rated big time

Could never get into the Beatles

And that tube Pete Docherty

In a word.....

Runrig

Aye Runrig do my nut in as well its time they were packing it in .

Red Hot Chilli Pipers are another" too much the same thing "band i cant be @rsed with

Eddie Reader's a pain too , we only ever see her at Hogmanay trying to hog the limelight in Edinburgh

Same with Texas , i cant stand that Sharleen Spitteri

That is very poor RiG, im disappointed.

Have you ever seen Kasabian live on TV? They are flipping amazing, I saw them live at the Ironworks and it was the best gig I've ever been at.

Kaisers are pretty good too but I can maybe understand how someone would'nt be able to get into them.

The Killers are awesome but again I can understand how you might not get into them but - Mr Brightside? One of the best tunes of recent years surely?!

Red Hot Chilli Peppers have never done it for me. Bit too scratchy and disjointed for my liking. Obviously talented guys but it doesn't do it for me.

Kasabian are okay, but again don't do anything for me.

Kaiser Chiefs irritate me a bit. It seems that every one of their hits are just the song title repeated about four times. Bit too weird and poppy too. They strike me as a bit silly as well.

And then if course there's all those dancy band like Westlife and stuff, who have poor songs and no talent at all. Notice as well that all of Westlife's songs (and others run by Simon Cowell) seem to go like this: verse - chorus - verse - chorus - middle bit - chorus - silence - big glorious ending- repeat until end. Really annoying.

Oh aye.. forgot about Diarhea Carey, see her at the Jackson tribute show? feckin annoying, what is it with the hands waving all over the place?

B) I thought exactly the same thing about Mariah Scarey when I saw bits of the memorial service !!!

Of those already mentioned, Lady GaGa and Amy Winehouse also dont float my boat. GaGa - with the nipple tape - puts me in mind of Wendy O Williams from the plasmatics .... she is cleary trying to cover up a lack of real talent with the shock factor. Winehouse on the other hand is the opposite and is doing her best to hide her talent behind her drug and alcohol haze.

Arctic Monkeys

Oasis

Elton John

Amy Winehouse

Lily Allen

Texas

Any manufactured boy/girl bands

Katie Perry

Lady GaGa

Kate Nash (sings like a character from Eastenders)

And I find Duffy to have a really weird voice, but I can tolerate her 100 times more than Amy Winehouse or Lily Allen, who both make me want to stick my fingers in my ears and go "la la la" until they shut the hell up.