Yngwie

We seem to have plenty of options upfront. In alphabetical order :

Barrowman

Foran

Odhiambo

Rooney

Sanchez

Sutherland

Once we are fully into the season, everyone is fit and clear of suspension, what will the pecking order of our strikers be?

I would expect Foran to be first choice, but can't decide how to rank the others.

I reckon we only have three proper strikers

1. Foran.................Numero uno, target man and box predator.

2. Barrowman.........Surely this season.

3. Sutherland..........learning his trade, and coming along nicely.

4. Rooney as a makeshift targetman, he has proved he is no box striker.

Odhiambo and Sanchez are surely wide men or foils playing off the targetman.

I see it being Sanchez and Foran, with Barrowman or Odhiambo as bench players. Rooney will become a reserve and i wouldn't be suprised if Sutherland would be ahead in case of injury.

Edited by ajsict92

I hope what your saying is true, Roony just aint going to do a job for us this season. If you are one on one with the keeper, you have to hit the target even if you do not score (even if it hits the keeper!). 3 strikes and your out, he had plenty yesterday.

It took two of our midfielders to have strikes yesterday, Imrie was getting fed up so hit a cracker that stunned the keeper, and then Cox with his lovely strike!

Foran should be no.1, with Sanchez feeding him. I think this could be a great partnership.

Then Barrowman and Odiambo - basically Foran and Sanchez, to a lesser extent. Foran and Barrowman are box strikers, hitting the target, wheres Odi with his pace and Sanchez with his skill are perfect feeding men, but can hit the target when they want to.

Sutherland is a young guy who will get his experience as he goes along. Was a bit shaky yesterday, but really came into it.

Then Roony. Get him to .....

Foran

Barrowman/Sanchez/Odhiambo

Rooney

Sutherland

Foran is obviously first choice but I think it will be between three who partners him. I would prefer to see Odhiambo or Sanchez partner Foran but Barrowman seems to be liked by Butcher. I thought Rooney put in a decent showing yesterday(apart from his finishing). He showed a lot more around the park than he has previously. I can see Sutherland going out on loan if Barrowman or Odhiambo are fit before the transfer window shuts.

Surprised everyone has such a downer on Rooney. He was top scorer for both the first team and reserve team last year, yet people are putting Barrowman and Odhiambo above him? Odhiambo has ONE GOAL in his whole career. Barrowman scored TWO all last season, despite normally being the main striker. Sure Rooney misses chances. But he deserves to be above those two (tactics apart) on his showing.

Surprised everyone has such a downer on Rooney. He was top scorer for both the first team and reserve team last year, yet people are putting Barrowman and Odhiambo above him? Odhiambo has ONE GOAL in his whole career. Barrowman scored TWO all last season, despite normally being the main striker. Sure Rooney misses chances. But he deserves to be above those two (tactics apart) on his showing.

Odhiambo has only played 17 games in his entire career and he's only 20

I dont think that Rooney and Foran can play as a pair - I reckon TB has made it plain to see that he prefers Foran and Barrowman. Obdhiambo will have to settle for the bench but he is some player to have coming on as a sub - Sutherland will have to wait. But Sanchez could be the type of player who could play just behind the front two. It would be interesting to see if TB would be as attack minded as playing a 4-3-1-2 system with Sanchez in behind Foran and Barrowman.

Rooney's being played all wrong.

He shouldn't be made to chase the ball down.....play it to him and let him flick off to Foran and/or Odhiambo and Sanchez. That's how we use Danny Dichio in Toronto and it can be very effective.

Edited by luvgravy

Rooney's being played all wrong.

He shouldn't be made to chase the ball down.....play it to him and let him flick off to Foran and/or Odhiambo and Sanchez. That's how we use Danny Dichio in Toronto and it can be very effective.

Thismay be correct. Rooney has had some great goals as volleys and one offs, usually from just outside the box. Slow start yes, but dont write him off yet. Now Barrowload on the other hand...

Pre season Barrowloads and Foran had a great wee team going on, foran took the ball down, dusted it off and stepped back for Barrow to plant it, a few times this seemed to happen, but SFL1 I dont know if this would work out, Foran and Sanchez would be my first choice but to be fair Sanchez strikes me as a gifter too, look what he did At Brechan...

The majority of our fans complained all season that Rooney should have been starting every game now he's not in the top 3 of strickers??? I see Rooney as the new Bayne, I thought he did a grand job on Saturday...... battered their centre halves, ran the channels, never stopped chasing the constant long balls that were being played in the second half... all that was missing was a goal. The first one when he was through on goal, was a bad miss but he was holding off 2 defenders and i'd like to see a replay (I wish) because I think the defender got his toe to the ball

he had a bad game... doesn't make him a bad player though

He missed a few chances but at least he was in the position or made those chances... he could have easily bagged a hattrick on Saturday and this would be a completely different thread. I think our forwards this season will be Barrowman & Foran.... Barrowman gets a chance but if he doesn't start scoring in the first few game get Rooney in.

1. Foran

2. Rooney

3. Barrowman

4. Odhiambo

5. Sutherland

6. Sanchez

Agree with Harry, don't understand how people can be writing Rooney off already, I would just put it down as a bad day at the office, and definitely have him starting ahead of Barrowman.

One goal, and I reckon Rooney will get more confidence and start bangin' them in for us.

Foran and Rooney upfront with Sanchez tucked in behind them as the playmaker could be lethal at this level.

Odhiambo on the bench to inject his pace in the 2nd half when opposition defenders are starting to get tired legs.

Sutherland away on loan, or even just playing in the reserves. and Barrowman on the bench if theres room for a wee one.

Thats hardle a compliment is it to be top scorer last season. How many did he score 5 or 6. Thats bloody pish

For me it is going to be Foran and Sanchez up front with Barrowman, Odhiambo and Sutherland providing back up

As someone said earlier in the thread when you are through on goal and you dont hit the target you shouldnt be starting for us

For me it is going to be Foran and Sanchez up front with Barrowman, Odhiambo and Sutherland providing back up

Rooney?

What your just going to leave him out. I would rather leave Sutherland out than leave Rooney out

Yeah I would rather just leave Rooney out. Its not because I think he is that bad but just becuase I think that Sutherland looks very promising and could become a very good striker for us in the future if he gets some games and he will have a better chance of getting a game in the First Division than the SPL.

I know you could say the same thing about Rooney and it would be true but I would still lean towards Sutherland as he would be a homegrown player and that would be a huge bonus for the ICT youth system (I am really hoping he came through the youth system now) :blink:

Thats hardle a compliment is it to be top scorer last season. How many did he score 5 or 6. Thats bloody pish

Yep, so why have you put Barrowman above him who didn't score even that? Or Odhiambo for that matter. Someone mentioned he was only 20 but Rooney's only a year older and has scored (and started) plenty more.

As someone said earlier in the thread when you are through on goal and you dont hit the target you shouldnt be starting for us

I've seen Baggio, McCoist, Lineker and many others do the same. Hell, I've even seen Foran do it. If you think the other strikers have more potential, fair enough, but on the 'he missed a chance' reason, you'll soon end up with a Renegade line-up by having Djebi-Zadi up front through default. Strikers miss chances. Fact.

You'll soon end up with a Renegade line-up by having Djebi-Zadi up front through default. Strikers miss chances. Fact.

I was gonna mention in my earlier post I couldn't wait for Renegade's take on this but forgot. :blink: I expect something along the lines of:

Striker Pecking Order:

• Djebi-Zadi
  • Tokely
  • Foran
  • Odhiambo
  • Get rid of the rest to save up wages and buy some Costa-Rican no-ones ever heard of.

Yep, so why have you put Barrowman above him who didn't score even that? Or Odhiambo for that matter. Someone mentioned he was only 20 but Rooney's only a year older and has scored (and started) plenty more.

I've seen Baggio, McCoist, Lineker and many others do the same. Hell, I've even seen Foran do it. If you think the other strikers have more potential, fair enough, but on the 'he missed a chance' reason, you'll soon end up with a Renegade line-up by having Djebi-Zadi up front through default. Strikers miss chances. Fact.

Yeah I should have backed it up rather than just he missed a chance.

I really do think that our other strikers are better, I would understand it if people picked him over Barrowman and even Sutherland but my own opinion is that we should give Sutherland as many opportunities as we can this season.

I have not seen barrowman play a lot but he is a big strong player so he should and that is a big should be a good target man if nothing else. For me rooney isnt a target man because he isnt that sort of build. It was never going to work for him on Saturday when balls were getting played up to him and he had to challenge with the defenders. So he did the best he could on that front.

And for me if you arnt a target man type player you need to have pace and rooney doesnt. He seems to run at the same speed all the time even if he is trying to run as fast as he can. Then if you dont have the pace or the strenght you need to have some really fancy flicks eg Berbatov type stuff. (Im not trying to compare him with Berbatov but just give you an idea of what I mean and you dont get much better than berba) or you need to be a poacher like Van Nistlerooy is (again not trying to compare him to Ruud). And for me he isnt any of those things

I would love hime to prove me wrong and hit 10 to 15 goals this season I really would but I just dont think he is good enough